Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Octavia Discussion Thread

This is a big disappointment for me I don't understand why they changed her small leotard from the prototype into this big and long diaper thing
    Last edited by Firesoullove; April 2, 2013 at 05:26am.

Quote Originally Posted by Firesoullove View Post
    This is a big dissapointment for me I don't understand why they changed her small leotard from the prototype into this big and long diaper thing
    It's simple, Mattel doesn't like females in the "boy lines" that's why there as so many issues with the female figures. It's a sad outdated view on gender roles, one I hope our society soon out grows.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    It's simple, Mattel doesn't like females in the "boy lines" that's why there as so many issues with the female figures. It's a sad outdated view on gender roles, one I hope our society soon out grows.
    I wouldnīt go that far that MATTEL doesnīt like the females but i think their design team isnīt specialized in female figures.

Maybe itīs the size difference? The male figures are bigger and not as delicate as the female figures...

But what is obvious they seem to have no clue when it comes to female outfits. The golden bra is a little bit to big, the leotards are not really fitting...maybe they should hire someone who is familiar with those things....?
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Someone in the design team makes the female outfits always bigger then the 4 Horsemen does.
    Look at Battleground Teelas Prototype. She is the best example. Small Bra and short lion cloth. The final Battleground Teela got a to big Bra and a longer lion cloth... Same now with Octavias leotard

Prototype:

Final figure:

Pics from mattycollector.com
    Last edited by Firesoullove; April 2, 2013 at 04:19pm.

The loincloth looks almost the same to me but the bra is clunky and oversized as i mentioned before and many others before me. And those pictures, which are their own, show that perfectly.

Thatīs why i think they need someone in their design team who finally knows how to handle women's cloths.

They are great with weapons and armors, male cloths like Dekkers or Fang Mans are looking good but the female outfits...those are not on the same level yet.

Letīs see how Octavias final figure looks, maybe she was assembled wrong. Next up are Castaspella and more importantly Shokoti with another leotard and if that again looks nothing like a leotard than itīgetting even more ridiculous.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Yes, I hope also that she was assembled wrong and that the final figure is ok! Fingers crossed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firesoullove View Post
    Yes, I hope also that she was assembled wrong and that the final figure is ok! Fingers crossed!!
    I hope someone from Mattel has noticed how often this thread has surfaced and might be curious enough to read it.
    The changes they make with the female figures are kind of....... unnecessary and unwelcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    The loincloth looks almost the same to me but the bra is clunky and oversized as i mentioned before and many others before me. And those pictures, which are their own, show that perfectly.

Thatīs why i think they need someone in their design team who finally knows how to handle women's cloths.

They are great with weapons and armors, male cloths like Dekkers or Fang Mans are looking good but the female outfits...those are not on the same level yet.

Letīs see how Octavias final figure looks, maybe she was assembled wrong. Next up are Castaspella and more importantly Shokoti with another leotard and if that again looks nothing like a leotard than itīgetting even more ridiculous.
    Riiiiight! Because there have been no male characters with clunky oversized armor.

I hope she was just assembled wrong, but I think this is just an unfortunate byproduct of translating a prototype into a functional toy. Something must have happened where the bottom piece was slightly too big after the tooling was done. This kind of thing happens, it's beyond unreasonable to expect Mattel, or any toy company, to go back and produce a new tool just for that one piece because it's slightly too big.

Sure, it's possible that Mattel is sexist and is secretly trying to sabotage female figures in a "boys line"...but I think the more logical answer would be that the female figures have a smaller frame and there is more room for noticeable error when translating the prototype to a functional toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    Riiiiight! Because there have been no male characters with clunky oversized armor.
    I honestly donīt know what you are referring too

All the male loincloths seem to be fitting and the tighter swimsuit like pants are well tight. There is no armor which seems to be to big unless it has been designed that way.

Thinking of The Facless One or Horde Prime but those examples were designed like that unfortunately, Mattels design team couldnīt find a a way yet to make them more practical or posable but thatīs again not the fault of the FOUR HORSEMEN.

I've had issues with all the 4H designs for the females, but I really see the improvement. Netossa looks really, really good. They've been slowly fixing things. Octavia also looks really good...but this Bottom Part Of The Outfit concern, or Crotch Fabric concern, or however we need to word it to get Mattel to understand what we mean...it really does bother me.

It looks like she has a slice of pizza hanging between her thighs. Why?

Just had to make that bigger in the hopes that it'll get read. How deluded am I?

Please let this figure look good and not have issues.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Fix her or delay her release!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    Fix her or delay her release!
    ...we donīt know if there is something to fix or not...

Scott-TOYGURU-Neitlich said he would look into that matter but since than never answered any of the question concerning Octavia, the new female crotch piece, how it will affect posing or the shape of her leotard.

I think she looks great as is honestly.

I'm so looking forward to her! She looks awesome

How does she look awesome with pizza hanging between her legs? Explain this to me. Explain how the prototype is inferior to the pizza slice that we saw more recently. People who aren't bothered by it: would you let your girlfriend wear a slice of pizza to the beach like that or would you like her bathing suit to form fit her body (if your girl had a sexy athletic build like the MOTUC females are supposed to.)

The character is awesome, the figure minus everything but that ridiculous leotard is awesome. Make it like the prototype!

A pizza hanging between her legs.

I can't wait for Octavia, but I agree they have issues with the women's crotch area.

I just don't see a pizza between her legs. It's a skirt and it really doesn't matter to me as it's a very minor part of a toy and one I wouldn't even notice had it not been pointed out. I also had no problem with Adora, Marlena, or any other female in the line....other than Frosta's arms. And as for "letting" my wife wear a bathing suit like that.....she can wear whatever she wants and I'll love her just the same.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I just don't see a pizza between her legs. It's a skirt and it really doesn't matter to me as it's a very minor part of a toy and one I wouldn't even notice had it not been pointed out. I also had no problem with Adora, Marlena, or any other female in the line....other than Frosta's arms. And as for "letting" my wife wear a bathing suit like that.....she can wear whatever she wants and I'll love her just the same.
    That is the whole problem, she isn't supposed to be wearing a skirt!! It is more like a one piece and should have a tighter fit (like Captain Glen's). The extra pointy elongated plastic makes her look silly and distracts from the rest of the figure. It does look like a slice of cheese pizza. Oh well looks like every female I have purchased in this line I've had to make some type of alterations to. I guess I can count Octavia to that list as well. Here's hoping Shakoti and Castaspella don't have any weird prototype to production transformations. I expect this from regular retail lines, but not a collector's line. I shouldn't have to alter a 30 dollar figure.

She's awesome nonetheless. Pizza slice and all. I love pizza. Pizza is awesome. Octavia is awesome. Still awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayota View Post
    How does she look awesome with pizza hanging between her legs? Explain this to me. Explain how the prototype is inferior to the pizza slice that we saw more recently. People who aren't bothered by it: would you let your girlfriend wear a slice of pizza to the beach like that or would you like her bathing suit to form fit her body (if your girl had a sexy athletic build like the MOTUC females are supposed to.)

The character is awesome, the figure minus everything but that ridiculous leotard is awesome. Make it like the prototype!

Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    She's awesome nonetheless. Pizza slice and all. I love pizza. Pizza is awesome. Octavia is awesome. Still awesome.
    Best response ever

I really like her crossbow, I agree I don't know why they mess up the female figures the way they do.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I'm sorry, but saying you like pizza does not cancel out saying you don't care about part of Octavia potentially being messed up. No "LOL" from me to you. None! I'm being withholding to teach you a lesson.

Also, if someone wants to be creative in photoshop, let's put that Pizza Slice hanging down in front of He-Man's nether regions. Apparently some folks only care about problems when they pertain to He-characters, so maybe that's the way we need to explain this to them.

(No Offense He-Dad)

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I'm sorry, but saying you like pizza does not cancel out saying you don't care about part of Octavia potentially being messed up. No "LOL" from me to you. None! I'm being withholding to teach you a lesson.

Also, if someone wants to be creative in photoshop, let's put that Pizza Slice hanging down in front of He-Man's nether regions. Apparently some folks only care about problems when they pertain to He-characters, so maybe that's the way we need to explain this to them.

(No Offense He-Dad)
    LOL, none taken, although I didn't make the I like pizza comment . I see where ya'll are coming from, I just don't see it being a problem for me. To be honest, I prefer the slightly longer skirt look to the leotard as it covers the joints better. I would rather have the articulation slightly hidden. Well, and I don't make it a habit to stare at my action figure's crotch in the first place.

That's the problem with even discussing this issue - we sound like complete weirdos!

For the record, I've never been fond of Matty's He-Briefs either. I think the guys look like they're wearing either mini loin cloths or saggy briefs. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    we sound like complete weirdos!
    We need that on T-shirts at Power-Con.
    Last edited by gbagok; April 6, 2013 at 10:01pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406