Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Octavia Discussion Thread

Just wanted to throw in and say yes I agree with the people who say this needs to be fixed. It looks really funny with the oversized and pointy crotch piece.

Oh yeah, lets not go back in popular history and point out how monsters can be sexy and in fact work well that way. She is and should be considered sexy even though she's a monster, ..... maybe because she's a monster
    Last edited by Ayota; March 28, 2013 at 02:54pm.

I actually don't mind either way, both look fine to me. I am anxiously awaiting this figure...could possibly be my favorite out of the whole line. One thing to keep in mind is that during the production process you will NEVER have a complete exact replica from prototype to production figure and that has to do with the type of material used to produce a prototype versus the final version. Most likely that first Octavia we saw was a Hardcopy which is cast in a hard silicone resin. It's more of a model than a figure, all parts are pinned in and not sonic welded. They are generally more detailed and refined. Keep in mind that when a figure Hardcopy prototype is made, many hours go into creating that piece. More time and patience is used to get all the tiny details worked out. I have done many comparisons of my own on Hardcopies vs production figure and the differences are very noticeable. Most likely the reason for the larger skirt area is because you won't have any leg articulation, or at best very minimal articulation. If you look at the legs in the Power Con version you can clearly see that the articulation in the legs would be hindered.

All they have to do is make her leotard like Marlena's, I don't understand why this is such a difficult thing for Mattel to do. None of the Males like Bow, Icarus, or King Hiss have had this issue. So why do the female figures always get screwed. I don't get it, and yes it is a big deal she looks stupid with the elongated pointy leotard WTH!!!!

I'm not bothered by the leotard, personally. It kind of adds to how over-the-top demented (in the cool way) the character looks.

Heroic Warrior
    Some minds here are over-the-top.

Couldn't be bothered reading the whole thread so I will ask simply:

Has this figure been screwed up yet again by Mattel/Scott/Ruben beyond rescue or is it still worth getting?

Heroic Warrior
    I also hope that they correct Octavia's leotard before the figure is released.

It's odd that the male figures can get fitted "shorts", yet the same design cannot be applied to the female figures for their leotards. Or if they can't do the same as for the male figures, then at least they could look to Captain Glenn as an inspiration for a good looking leotard.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    All they have to do is make her leotard like Marlena's, I don't understand why this is such a difficult thing for Mattel to do. None of the Males like Bow, Icarus, or King Hiss have had this issue. So why do the female figures always get screwed. I don't get it, and yes it is a big deal she looks stupid with the elongated pointy leotard WTH!!!!
    I was wondering the same thing. The female figures seems to have more issues than the males.

Octavia is my most wanted figure of 2013 so far, I want her to be perfect. I really hope that the leo crotch will be fixed.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by Evilestwarrior View Post
    I actually don't mind either way, both look fine to me. I am anxiously awaiting this figure...could possibly be my favorite out of the whole line. One thing to keep in mind is that during the production process you will NEVER have a complete exact replica from prototype to production figure and that has to do with the type of material used to produce a prototype versus the final version. Most likely that first Octavia we saw was a Hardcopy which is cast in a hard silicone resin. It's more of a model than a figure, all parts are pinned in and not sonic welded. They are generally more detailed and refined. Keep in mind that when a figure Hardcopy prototype is made, many hours go into creating that piece. More time and patience is used to get all the tiny details worked out. I have done many comparisons of my own on Hardcopies vs production figure and the differences are very noticeable. Most likely the reason for the larger skirt area is because you won't have any leg articulation, or at best very minimal articulation. If you look at the legs in the Power Con version you can clearly see that the articulation in the legs would be hindered.
    Then how Marlena's leg articulation is perfect since she has the same Octavia proto leotard design ? I don't see any problem with her at all !
    Last edited by TUC138; March 29, 2013 at 12:52am.
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    It's not like we're eternally dissatisfied. EVERYONE here loves the Marlena tunic. It was retooled from Adora's tunic to be more form fitting. If they bothered to retool the tunic, surely they're aware that Adora's tunic looked horrible and had to be fixed!

So if Mattel is aware of the problem, why are they repeatedly giving us females with saggy leotards? The star sisters were ruined by it. Please Mattel, look at Marlena as a model, we all like the way her tunic wraps around her pelvis. That's what the prototype looked like. Thats why we like her. That's how Bow and kobra Kan look like. There is nothing wrong with the female's pelvis, it's the leotard piece that wraps around it that almost always ends up out of scale or stretched like an underwear that's been worn for too long!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Heroic Warrior
    I can't wait for Pixel Dan's preview of Octavia ! It's time we know whether Octavia will be worth it or not, and whether she'll be decent or botched.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Then how Marlena's leg articulation is perfect since she has the same Octavia proto leotard design ? I don't see any problem with her at all !
    I agree. There s no restriction whatsoever on Kobra Khan and he basically has also a tight fitting speedo. There's no restriction cause its made of rubber!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

The Marlena hips are completely different than the prototype hips of Octavia. You can add all the you want but that prototype probably doesn't even have much leg articulation because of the way those prototypes are designed. I'm not saying the Marlena skirt is bad but I like both and don't see a problem with either way they do it. If the skirt in the NYTF picture is the final I would say that there really wouldn't be much anyone could do to fix it since the figure is due out in a few months

Quote Originally Posted by nuno View Post
    Some minds here are over-the-top.
    Over-the-top????

*Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Is this included in the eternia subs? Or a new sub line coming later on in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by mac&cheesier View Post
    Is this included in the eternia subs? Or a new sub line coming later on in the future?
    Octavia is the June figure in the main Club Eternia Subscription
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I agree with most that the crotch piece isn't as ideal as it could be, it isn't a deal breaker or anything for me, I just originally saw a figure that was flawless when it was first shown and since we saw the close to production piece I guess the shine was just taken off a touch for me. I am really looking forward to seeing her in package, with her squid arm things not being attatched I hope they at least spread them out behind her and make them look imposing.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Over-the-top????

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    I like the leotard better than that weird triangular skirt. Either way- meh. The figure is still cool.

And Octavia needs to and better be sexy. Not to sound chauvinistic, but all of the females in this line do. Except Madam Razz.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    What? Over the Top?

Thanks to both of you, i really needed that laugh!

Iīm really looking forward to her release and i will buy a second one for sure.

This weird NOT leotard is no deal breaker for me and i honestly donīt care for her sexiness factor but i can totally understand anyone who feels that way. I simply like her character and her looks. And part of her design is the bathing suit outfit which for at least once fits the character since she is an aquatic based humanoid.

Since she was designed like that and presented in her prototype, i get a little upset when i see the final figure has a different design and a skirt is a different design than a leotard. One is a skirt and the other ones are pants, simple as that.

And as there seems to be no answer if itīs only her or if all the other female characters who are designed with leotards will look like that i canīt do anything else but wait and see how it all ends up.

BUT i canīt wait to see her packaged. I am curios how her tentacles are packed into the standard box!
    Last edited by Niki; March 31, 2013 at 05:43pm.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Over the Top? I love that movie, pure 80's gold. Wait, oh this is an Octavia thread, right right. I'm personally looking forward to getting her, I think she looks great and the leotard doesn't bother me.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Octavia is the June figure in the main Club Eternia Subscription
    Wow I missed that sub big time, thanks I will order her. isn't this suppose to be a filmation character? Should have been in the filmation sub.

Quote Originally Posted by mac&cheesier View Post
    Wow I missed that sub big time, thanks I will order her. isn't this suppose to be a filmation character? Should have been in the filmation sub.
    The Filmation sub was only added to get more Filmation characters out quickly rather than inject them all into the main sub. The main sub will continue to have other Filmation characters as well which was only made possible during last year's sub starting with Shadow Weaver.

Man, this is such a disappointment to get Octavia looking this way. I'm glad some people can over look the hideous pointy elongated leotard, but no matter how much I try I can't. For anyone that has had to alter or cut/fit Adora's leotard what is the best way to do it without ruining the figure?