Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Octavia Discussion Thread

Two months and counting now - any new word on the figure??

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I don't think her bio has already been revealed...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Any news on her bio or pictures of her in package?
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    Any news on her bio or pictures of her in package?
    I asked on Matty and was ignored but finally someone else asked and got the answer(i think i simply should not sake there, i never get an answer ) that they have a few samples of her already and pictures are on their way…

So, we have to wait.

At least finally we got an answer
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Really looking forward to seeing her in package. I think her bio will be interesting too.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

I got the lite sub last month just to guarantee that I get Octavia, Casta and Mantenna and I can't wait til June

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    It's simple, Mattel doesn't like females in the "boy lines" that's why there as so many issues with the female figures. It's a sad outdated view on gender roles, one I hope our society soon out grows.
    it's true. and really frustrating that the female figures keep getting such poor treatment.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Dying to see pics of her in and out of box. It's been months of waiting and waiting...EAGER!!

Heroic Warrior
    I can't wait to see how Octavia's tentacles work, articulation-wise... I hope we'll get the images and the preview soon.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    It's simple, Mattel doesn't like females in the "boy lines" that's why there as so many issues with the female figures. It's a sad outdated view on gender roles, one I hope our society soon out grows.
    That's the reason for issues? And what is with King Hiss' shoulders, Roboto, Stinkor's forearms, Blastic issues, Snout Spout's trunk, Faker's two left/right feet, etc.?

BTW, I don't see any outdated view there...

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I think the issues are just plain sloppiness. While I won't go as far as to say they don't like females in the line, I do wonder if they don't give them the same care in terms of quality. they can't get leotard bottoms right on females, but they can get "trunks" right on every make figure?

It isn't just in MOTUC either, the male WWE figure faces usually look pretty darn good, but female faces are always a bit off, or have a terrible expression.

Sometimes I wonder if females don't get a "meh that's good enough" way faster. Accessories for netossa? who cares. paint apps for Frosta's back? Nah who cares... oh let's make her grey too.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

There are many issues with MOTUC figures in general, not just the female ones. It's quite silly and obnoxious to call Mattel sexist just because your favorite female figures aren't the way you like them, when there are widespread issues, some of which Berserker79 pointed out.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    There are many issues with MOTUC figures in general, not just the female ones. It's quite silly and obnoxious to call Mattel sexist just because your favorite female figures aren't the way you like them, when there are widespread issues, some of which Berserker79 pointed out.

I'm not saying it's sexist, but most female figures end up with some sort of issue. Male figures have their share of issues, but they seem less widespread due to the larger amount of male figures without issues.

King Grayskull: ankle issues (breaking)
    He-Man (1.0): Red on eyes + Reversed Shoulders
    Roboto: Cracking Torso + Reversed Shoulders
    Hsss: Reversed Shoulders
    Mossman: Not a bath toy.
    Snout Spout: Trunkrot
    Vykron:Blastic
    Spikor: blastic
    Mekaneck:Blastic + Helmet looks off
    SLL:Blastic
    Snakemen 2 pack: Blastic
    DBSkeletor: Blastic
    Dekker: Rigid skirt without slits for Movement.
    Filmation Randor: Rigid skirt without slits for Movement.
    Stinkor Reversed forearms.
    Horde Prime: Reduced Paintjob
    Hurricane Hordak: flaky vac metal
    Mosquitor: Gummy hands

Teela: Rigid dress that limits movement
    Goddess: Cracking Torso
    She-Ra: Rigid Skirt that limits Movement
    BG Teela: New thighs limit articulation
    Starla: Thighs limit articulation + Reduced articulation on shins.
    Tallstar: Reduced articulation on thighs + Neck Piece falls easily + weird Loincloth + Crotch piece has legs lower than they should be
    Jewelstar: Reduced Thigh Articulation
    Sorceress: Reduced Thigh Articulation + hard plastic back feathers + Drums
    Frosta: Bad paint choices (gray) + Reversed Forearms
    Nettossa: Chipping paint from cape/net + Black glob on cape.
    Catra: Gummy left hand
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    What's the issue with Octavia?
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

There isn't one yet, except the bbts preorder for her is sold out

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    What's the issue with Octavia?
    The panties/leotard. On the prototype, it looked much shorter, rounder and more like a true leotard. The production figure appears to have more of a "V" shaped skirt which isn't accurate to the Filmation design and is disappointing after Mattel/4H managed to "perfect" the leotard design for Queen Marlena.

So far, it's either the weird Pizza Slice Loincloth or the tentacles. Can't comment on any of them because I haven't seen her in person.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Warrior
    I can't believe we haven't seen carded pics or a bio yet! Hopefully we get a huge Matty photo dump with Octavia, Clamp Champ, NA He-Man, and Batros.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    I can't believe we haven't seen carded pics or a bio yet! Hopefully we get a huge Matty photo dump with Octavia, Clamp Champ, NA He-Man, and Batros.
    Can't wait to see more bios!! Especially for Filmation characters!!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Did anyone else see the Octavia on eBay a few weeks back? Her leotard looked better than the Toy Fair sample. It looked like it curved in more at the crotch and, although still a little big, it looked like it fit better.

Come on Matty. If we've seen Castaspella and Shokoti in package, surely Octavia won't be too far behind. She's due next month!!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm beginning to think that there might be something wrong with Octavia... It's weird that we've seen a video with Shokoti and Castaspella, who are scheduled for July/August, and that there are no news at all about Octavia !

Plus, Octavia is the first figure to have the kind of tentacles she has, so there are risks that there could be some issues. So I wonder whether we'll get news soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    I'm beginning to think that there might be something wrong with Octavia... It's weird that we've seen a video with Shokoti and Castaspella, who are scheduled for July/August, and that there are no news at all about Octavia !

Plus, Octavia is the first figure to have the kind of tentacles she has, so there are risks that there could be some issues. So I wonder whether we'll get news soon...
    We'll get an announcement soon that Octavia has been pushed back 2 months.

We've seen pleantry with Octavia. Scott did a demo with her tenticles and how they work in the Toy Fair walk through with Pixel Dan. I think he didn't show her in the video because we have seen her. He also confirmed that they have packaged samples in and she is being photographed. I expect we will see her packaged pics, along with Clamp Champ, NA He Man, Shokoti, and Castaspella pop up on Facebook soon.

- - - Updated - - -

There is absolutely no reason to think that. At least wait for a nut to fall from the tree before shouting that the sky is falling!

Octavia has been confirmed for next month so at least we don´t have to worry about that.

And as much as i´m thrilled that we got Galatic Protector He-Mans bio and packaged pictures today, i´m wondering why we get to see him before we see her?
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither