Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Octavia Discussion Thread

As for the bio not being revealed yet, even though NA He-Man is supposed to be a month later, his was not shown either. I do believe them when they say that they have not gotten their official pics yet.

There is still plenty of time to get Octavia samples out before her release. I realize that in "keeping with the norm" she probably should have been in this round, but it is not like it has not happened before. I am willing to bet that she is sent out prior to her sale day. By comparison, if you look at DC, I did not get a Wally West figure yet and he goes on-sale tomorrow, but I did get Captain Marvel Junior and he does not go up until July. So, there is not always consistency there.

I am sure things will even out, and I will bet we see her before she goes on-sale. I cannot really say that I can quite get into the PoP not being included for a reason thing quite yet because as far as I can remember, Scott has NEVER missed getting those figures out early. Even Shadow Weaver (she did get sample distribution) came early, not to mention the Star Sisters. Frosta was a close call, but she was still here.

I am a HUGE PoP fan, but I am not crying foul yet. The only figures that I can recall NOT getting for preview for this line are Beastman, Skeletor, Roboto, Hurricane Hordak, Vykron (he did come later) and Granamyr, but I don't think that is even consistent.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    There is still plenty of time to get Octavia samples out before her release. I realize that in "keeping with the norm" she probably should have been in this round, but it is not like it has not happened before. I am willing to bet that she is sent out prior to her sale day. By comparison, if you look at DC, I did not get a Wally West figure yet and he goes on-sale tomorrow, but I did get Captain Marvel Junior and he does not go up until July. So, there is not always consistency there.
    Exactly! We've actually been pretty lucky with the MOTUC samples, for the msot part. The DC samples are inconsistent a lot. Some we don't get at all while others we get WAY early.

I'm willing to bet that even if Mattel has to rush Octavia out to us to review a week before she goes on sale, they will. They've had to do that before. They've even overnighted me figures before that they received late just so I could get a review online before the sale. So don't give up hope just yet! There's time!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    As for the bio not being revealed yet, even though NA He-Man is supposed to be a month later, his was not shown either. I do believe them when they say that they have not gotten their official pics yet.

I am sure things will even out, and I will bet we see her before she goes on-sale. I cannot really say that I can quite get into the PoP not being included for a reason thing quite yet because as far as I can remember, Scott has NEVER missed getting those figures out early. Even Shadow Weaver (she did get sample distribution) came early, not to mention the Star Sisters. Frosta was a close call, but she was still here.

I am a HUGE PoP fan, but I am not crying foul yet. The only figures that I can recall NOT getting for preview for this line are Beastman, Skeletor, Roboto, Hurricane Hordak, Vykron (he did come later) and Granamyr, but I don't think that is even consistent.
    I agree with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Exactly! We've actually been pretty lucky with the MOTUC samples, for the msot part. The DC samples are inconsistent a lot. Some we don't get at all while others we get WAY early.

I'm willing to bet that even if Mattel has to rush Octavia out to us to review a week before she goes on sale, they will. They've had to do that before. They've even overnighted me figures before that they received late just so I could get a review online before the sale. So don't give up hope just yet! There's time!
    I agree with this as well. No reason for the conspiracy theories.

Now I'm back to antagonizing! Muahahahahahaha!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Thanks Veebs and Dan, you have both eased my mind and I agree that people thinking conspiracy theories are probably jumping to conclusions at this stage.

Hope you guys get the figure soon though, really looking forward to seeing her all posed and awesome looking
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    All I know is that Mattel put a picture of their sample Octavia in their news update on May 9th:

I hope we see her bio and reviews soon.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

TG's answer on the forums:

Toyguru
    Collector Supreme

posted May 14, 2013 02:01 PM
    We switched to a different internal photo department (we have a few) to get better pics this year in higher rez and that has slowed down the process. We may not have photos of upcoming figs in package until very close to the sales this year. (to manage expectations).

Can we put this to rest now?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post

Toyguru
    Collector Supreme

We switched to a different internal photo department (we have a few) to get better pics this year in higher rez and that has slowed down the process. We may not have photos of upcoming figs in package until very close to the sales this year. (to manage expectations).

Okay, thatīs at least an answer.

I donīt like that answer and it doesīt explain why they havenīt at least send out her bio, we donīt need that as picture but hey, itīs information.

The decision to get better pictures is a good one but make every one wait even longer for those pictures isnīt the right move as well.

I guess no matter what Mattel does, itīs alway one thing or the other
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Yes I asked this...hm... not a good answer, so we have to wait for Pixel Dans samples or we get our own figures

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post

Toyguru
    Collector Supreme

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Okay, thatīs at least an answer.

I donīt like that answer and it doesīt explain why they havenīt at least send out her bio, we donīt need that as picture but hey, itīs information.

The decision to get better pictures is a good one but make every one wait even longer for those pictures isnīt the right move as well.

I guess no matter what Mattel does, itīs alway one thing or the other
    As TG said, part of the reason they're holding back is so they don't offer up pictures of something that might not make it into production. Personally, I'm all for this. It eliminates the mis-representation of the final product, which has been an issue in the past. Kudos to TG and his team for not only offering better pics, but for addressing this issue!

Veebs, thanks for the insight.

Just for the record, guys, I never said that I attributed Scott holding back octavia to his being anti-pop.

It seems a few of you are assuming that I meant that. I just wondered if maybe he thought octavia was a liability because maybe he didn't like that particular figure.

Knowing that Veebs has captain marvel Jr but not this month's flash puts things in a much better perspective.

The bio would be nice. AFI did reveal NA He-Man's bio with their pics of him. So it would be nice to have octavia' s too (from Matty at least)
    Last edited by bcrduke; May 14, 2013 at 08:54pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Veebs, thanks for the insight.

Just for the record, guys, I never said that I attributed Scott holding back octavia to his being anti-pop.

It seems a few of you are assuming that I meant that. I just wondered if maybe he thought octavia was a liability because maybe he didn't like that particular figure.

Knowing that Veebs has captain marvel Jr but not this month's flash puts things in a much better perspective.

The bio would be nice. AFI did reveal NA He-Man's bio with their pics of him. So it would be nice to have octavia' s too (from Matty at least)
    I didnīt assume anything.

Your are just very vocal and direct when it comes to your opinion and that directness and passion is amazing. I admire that, wish i had that iīm way to political correct and polite(most of the times...).

I can get emotional but than i can get negative or nasty and thatīs why i often reply to a thread but instead of posting what i wrote i delete it

anyway…

As i said i appreciate better pictures and hopefully we donīt get situations like the pictures of prototypes for the Rock Warriors on the package which arenīt the same as the actually figures any more.

But that doesīt explain why we still have to wait for her bio. I think iīm not asking to much here.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I will admit that Octavia was the one I was looking forward to the most out of possibilities for this round of previews, but I think it will still happen.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

I saw this on FB. I think Angel-T posted it.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

They plug in, very secure once in place. But the weight of the tenticals has given my Octavia very week ankle joints. :0(

Her paint job is flawless, perticularly on her face.

The bottom of her pointy skirt is the most flexable plastic yet...you can easily bend in and superglued to the pelvis to give the leotard look...while maintaining a full fange of movement. However, I'm keeping the pointy look....I kinda prefer it for her.
    Last edited by Angel-T; May 15, 2013 at 08:08am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Wow, she looks AMAZING!!! Gorgeous. It's nice to FINALLY get a figure that looks nearly as good as the prototype did. NA He-Man's face didn't turn out as well as the prototype, but Octavia sure did. I love the one pic where it looks like she's strutting her stuff! The Horde approaches.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

She does look phenomenal. When Matty ace a female figure, they ACE A FEMALE FIGURE! I'm not too fussed by the leotard issue - you can barely notice it.

Very pleased they've kept her colours so strong and vibrant - I hope Castaspella and future colourful females follow this trend.

Great work Matty!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

She looks great, Angel-T! I love her. The pointy skirt is one of the rare exceptions, where I feel like the design actually compliments the figure. Have you tried removing the top part of her outfit yet?
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    She looks amazing!!! Can't wait can't wait can't wait!

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps35406b3c.jpg
    They plug in, very secure once in place. But the weight of the tenticals has given my Octavia very week ankle joints. :0(

Her paint job is flawless, perticularly on her face.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...psed93cb32.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...psd281a57f.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps66740d08.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps5fe41c03.jpg

The bottom of her pointy skirt is the most flexable plastic yet...you can easily bend in and superglued to the pelvis to give the leotard look...while maintaining a full fange of movement. However, I'm keeping the pointy look....I kinda prefer it for her.
    Octavia looks beautiful!

By the way, this Entrapta custom is awesome. I hope Mattel noticed it
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Heroic Warrior
    She looks good for a female figure...

Heroic Warrior
    Octavia looks great! Thanks for all the photos Angel-T.

It's odd that the back of the leotard is nicely rounded, yet the front is sharp and pointy. However, the sharp point on the leotard does kind of "match" the sharp "V" neck of the collar and the less severe "V" of the bottom of the belt. So, it doesn't look too bad.

She looks really good!

Really love your Entrapta and Mermista as well Angel T!
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Octavia turned out great! Like the way they designed how her tenticles will plug into her back. I'm sure they put some weight on her so not surprised to hear that it makes her ankles loose. Perhaps the new flight stands will be helpful in this case.

Octavia looks really nice! That yellow and green is a great colour combination. It makes for collecting these figures all the more enjoyable when knowing figures like this are on their way!
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

She looks amazing, I can not wait!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    She looks good for a female figure...
    She looks great in general, far better than most of the male figure. She is unique and not just another muscle bound half naked man.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Have you tried removing the top part of her outfit yet?
    The top of her outfit is a newly sculpted torso, it is not a separate piece like the other females.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"