Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Octavia Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Thanks for the info!
    She beat Sea Hawk in a swordfight in Treasure of the First Ones, and... kidnapped a Twigget in She-Ra Makes A Promise.

Never cared for POP in general, but this kick-ass lady monster is a must for me, and I'll be getting two of her via my subs. A good birthday present next month no doubt.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Bio is pretty good but it would have been nice if it was mentioned that she was an arch enemy of Seahawk.

I'm stoked though for the figure! Next month is gonna rock!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I got word from Mattel that there's a strong chance Octavia will not be sent early for review as they have not yet received samples of her to send.

Wanted to give you guys the heads up. Of course, I'll still review my subscription Octavia when she shows up, but many of you will get her in the mail before my sub figure shows up.

There's is still a chance she could show up before the sale. But it does seem like this is one of those rare occourences where there will not be an early review.
    Thanks for letting us know PD!

I don't think this is any bad omen as some have suggested. Issues can happen with shipping at any and all times. I'll gladly accept my figure when she arrives, review or no review.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

As much as I hate the pizza leotard, I can't get over how beautiful this figure is. Her face is stunning!! Probably one of the best females so far.
    Between her and Netossa Mattel has really stepped up their game with the female's face paint apps. I can't wait to see the final versions of Castaspella and Shokoti.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I got word from Mattel that there's a strong chance Octavia will not be sent early for review as they have not yet received samples of her to send.

Wanted to give you guys the heads up. Of course, I'll still review my subscription Octavia when she shows up, but many of you will get her in the mail before my sub figure shows up.

There's is still a chance she could show up before the sale. But it does seem like this is one of those rare occourences where there will not be an early review.
    I hope this doesn't mean she'll be delayed.

UGH! Now I'm worried.

Hey guys, let's play a game!

GUESS THE QUALITY CONTROL PROBLEM

Your options are:

1. Swapped forearms

2. Swapped shoulders

3. Swapped forearms with shoulders

4. Tentacles will be made of a new experimental rubber that rots and decays after prolonged contact with oxygen.

5. No face paint.

6. Octavia will be composed of plastic mixed with magnesium, and will have a tendency to violently explode in the package.

7. 50% of subscribers will not get Octavia. Buzz-Off will be shipped, instead.

8. 50% of subscribers will not get Octavia. A rabid, angry weasel will be shipped, instead.

9. Tentacles will be painted-over black plastic that scuffs easily .

10. Octavia will go back in time to 2008 and cause the economic collapse through use of Quantum Waves.

11. Arms and legs will all be swapped. Clockwise.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake_Man View Post
    She featured heavily in Season One's "Treasure of The First Ones", and then had a walk-on in Season Two's "She-Ra Makes a Promise".
    "Treasure of the First Ones" is one of my favorite MOTU/POP episodes. One of the episodes I've had taped off tv on VHS from the mid 80s! This is why I'm so hyped for Octavia.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I'm not crazy about the green, seemed like a different shade on the prototype. At least how i remember it looking.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post

Your options are:

1. Swapped forearms

2. Swapped shoulders

4. Tentacles will be made of a new experimental rubber that rots and decays after prolonged contact with oxygen.

5. No face paint.

6. Octavia will be composed of plastic mixed with magnesium, and will have a tendency to violently explode in the package.

8. 50% of subscribers will not get Octavia. A rabid, angry weasel will be shipped, instead.

10. Octavia will go back in time to 2008 and cause the economic collapse through use of Quantum Waves.

Mmm, these options are illogic!
    These are the only possible issues:
    • Octavia will be composed of plastic mixed with magnesium, and will have a tendency to violently explode in the package.
    • 50% of subscribers will not get Octavia. A rabid, angry weasel will be shipped, instead.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Your options are:

1. Swapped forearms

2. Swapped shoulders

5. No face paint.

I'm liking the angry weasel option as long as I'm not part of that 50% although that would give my cats something to entertain themselves with... or number 10 although I fail to see how a perm can cause an economic collapse (One of the brands of perm the salon I work at carries is indeed named Quantum Waves)

5. No face paint.
    No face paint or Courtney Love face paint?

Serously though, so far she looks good.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Warrior
    SO... The guys at Mattel/Matty were unable to send a sample in time for Pixel Dan's preview, BUT some other persons got a sample, AND we also got pics of the figure in her package !?!? There's definitely something wrong...

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    SO... The guys at Mattel/Matty were unable to send a sample in time for Pixel Dan's preview, BUT some other persons got a sample, AND we also got pics of the figure in her package !?!? There's definitely something wrong...
    Who got a sample? Angel-T bought one off eBay. But I don't know of anyone who's been sent a 'review sample'
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Heroic Warrior
    Who got a sample? Angel-T bought one off eBay. But I don't know of anyone who's been sent a 'review sample'
    Oh, it was an actual PURCHASE from Ebay !? Even better ! Then it means that the Octavia figure's production is over for a while, and that Matty was sent the figs and received them a while ago !

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Oh, it was an actual PURCHASE from Ebay !? Even better ! Then it means that the Octavia figure's production is over for a while, and that Matty was sent the figs and received them a while ago !
    The Octavia that was bought off eBay was a 'stolen figure'
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I hope this doesn't mean she'll be delayed.

UGH! Now I'm worried.
    I was just thinking the same thing. Last year when samples were not sent out, a few of those figures ended up delayed.

But since it hasn't happened yet this year, I hope not. July will be expensive enough without adding the June figure into it (Eternia, Filmation)....I have like 4 Transformers PO'd that month too, plus the MOTUC SDCC figures just a week into August.

This July will suck, when it comes to my wallet.

Typically they are done months in advance of the sale.

Last year a few were delayed due to them not being put into production until like a month before their supposed sale, Sorceress was bumped a month due to this.

Also, That is why Randor was not Blastic, yet Grayskullman was, he was done months before when blastic was in its full swing.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heres something SUPER annoying...

You all know the Activia yogurt commercial & how they sing ACT-TIV-III--UH...
    Well sing it like OC-TA-VIII-UH...

All day this has being going on. I hope you enjoy it & get as much unrelenting fun out of it repeating over & over & over in yer head as i have!

I really hope to get this one!

Hey, I'm looking forward to her, arrow skirt or not! She's grown on me, oddly.

Really exicted about the figure, can't wait for more horde and pop figures really want a glimmer figure release. Hope pixel dan does a review soon.

Hey, I'm looking forward to her, arrow skirt or not! She's grown on me, oddly.
    Oddly?

She's an octopus woman with four swords and a crossbow. What's not to like?
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Oddly?

She's an octopus woman with four swords and a crossbow. What's not to like?
    Right there with you. I think i may be developing quite the crush on Miss Octavia...
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior
    The Octavia that was bought off eBay was a 'stolen figure'
    So... ? It doesn't change the fact that the Octavia figures production ended a WHILE ago. So there's really no reason for Mattel not having samples to give to Pixel Dan. I bet you they have the figures all nice and tidy in their warehouse, right at this moment !

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    So... ? It doesn't change the fact that the Octavia figures production ended a WHILE ago. So there's really no reason for Mattel not having samples to give to Pixel Dan. I bet you they have the figures all nice and tidy in their warehouse, right at this moment !
    Things get lost in the mail or held up during shipping, sometimes. It's all coming to California from China on a boat. Lots of things can go wrong. Including pirates.

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah