Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: MOTUC Octavia Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Angella: Her hair is pulled back in a braided bun in the FILMATION cartoon
    Something like this?

I would definitely prefer her to have that long hair that hangs down between her wings. I really hope she doesn't end up with short hair.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Something like this?

http://grimbor.isperilo.us/images12/...ightMoon07.JPG

I would definitely prefer her to have that long hair that hangs down between her wings. I really hope she doesn't end up with short hair.
    Nice picture never saw that before!!

Here we can see she has long hair which is going down between her wings but there is one picture were you can see her braided hair…and i had it before now i canīt find it!!!!
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Yeah, i'm sure i've seen that braided hair image somewhere. I can't find it either!

I assume her wings will be attached in a similar manner to Mattel's DC Hawkman & Hawkgirl figures, with a big ugly hinge joint on her back. Giving her the long hair braid would help to hide that hinge.

The long hair was a one-off. If you watch 'Portrait of Doom' you'll see her hair is short all the way around. It's an error for whatever reason as the original Queen Angella turnaround shots show her with short hair
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    The long hair was a one-off. If you watch 'Portrait of Doom' you'll see her hair is short all the way around. It's an error for whatever reason as the original Queen Angella turnaround shots show her with short hair
    Yes, but for her Classics figure I still say she should have long hair. Both as a homage to her original toy and to conceal the joint on her back.

They can include a extra short haired head and make everybody happy.

Yeah, i'm sure i've seen that braided hair image somewhere. I can't find it either!

I assume her wings will be attached in a similar manner to Mattel's DC Hawkman & Hawkgirl figures, with a big ugly hinge joint on her back. Giving her the long hair braid would help to hide that hinge.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Yes, but for her Classics figure I still say she should have long hair. Both as a homage to her original toy and to conceal the joint on her back.

I wanted to answer here but since itīs Octavias thread i decided to post the pictures i found in Queen Angellas thread and i found very interesting stuff

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...64#post3282864
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

It took me a while, but today on Life On Plastic, I review one of She-Ra's foes: Octavia, the wicked, tentacle-swinging warrior!

http://nerditis.com/2013/07/10/life-...erse-classics/

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar

That would be the best way to go. The long hair is going to create the same problems we have with Octavia, where the hair actually hinders the motion. It also means you can't put her in a convincing flying pose, most likely.

Thing is, with the wings, I seriously doubt that they are going to splurge for an extra head with her figure. So far, all the POP gals have looked like the cartoon, and I can't see them changing that for her. The idea is to make the most iconic version of the character, and, with She-Ra and company, that's usually going to be the Filmation version.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I have just received and opened my Octavia.

WOW!

This is one amazing figure!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I just posted my animated review of Octavia.

Last edited by Buzzchuck; July 19, 2013 at 05:06pm.
    Support the 2015 Subscription Video

Action Figure Adventures: a blog about toys and everything related to them. Check out our stop motion animated series featuring 80's and 90's toys.

I OWN OCTAVIA!!

Very excited to say that. Been waiting since the '80s!

She came out very nicely. The colors are great, the tentacles work relatively well (I still think this was THE figure to do bendy tentacles on, if Mattel could manage not to screw up something as basic as that) and she can with a lot of accessories.

And yet...

Her ankles are impossibly weak. She's fallen over a bunch of times, and is limited by the lack of the swivel at the ankle. For a character carrying as much weight as this, she needed the swivel to compensate for the weak ankles. She might even be worse than my Prince Adam figure in that regard, because of the tentacles throwing off her balance. She isn't good standing up straight, but you can't really put her in a bent position because her feet can't be flush with the ground...so...what to do?

Also, mine has a warped right hand - it should be tight enough to hold the crossbow, but it's like it was bent "open" when cooling or something. It looks very precarious, like her fingers could snap off. I tried bending them back inwards, but the plastic looked too thin. Not good.

Lastly, I could be mistaken, but it felt like all the plastic used in the figure was more bendy, and less firm to the touch. Did anyone else hold her and wonder if Matty has upped their use of plastic fillers?

The crotch piece is wrong. Bottom line. I'm very upset about that because it's easily fixed, a glaring mistake and Matty keeps ignoring our feedback. That had better change, because these toys are too expensive for such sloppy production errors to be the norm.

But again - the world's first Octavia toy. That's a very good thing!

Heroic Warrior
    I received my Octavia and she's an awesome figure.

But, there are some issues. My Octavia has a couple of big "scars" on her forehead. As many other people have commented, the ankles are very weak. And, for me, the bodice/torso is too thin as it doesn't equal the "thickness" of the waist/belt area. It's not especially obvious, but it does detract from an otherwise pretty awesome figure.

My biggest issue is that I'm having trouble displaying Octavia with everyone else. Those tentacles are HUGE and combined with the weak ankles, Octavia keeps on knocking over all the other figures. Does anyone have any space-saving display suggestions other than removing the tentacles? I played around with changing the positioning of the tentacles, but I couldn't really get any of them low enough to help support Octavia's weight and to keep them away from other figures.

EDIT: The Fwoosh to the rescue: http://thefwoosh.com/wp-content/uplo...tavia_01.5.jpg

Now Octavia can stand and she fits in my display!
    Last edited by Haephestus; July 29, 2013 at 09:15am.

Yes long hair angella please!!! As for Octavia she's a great figure!

At last, my Octavia has arrived!

This could have been one of the best figures in the line. She has a terrific sculpt, nice bright colours, no assembly problems, and lots of accessories. Sadly, she has a few flaws. Her tunic wasn't glued in place at the front (which is easily fixed with a spot of glue). The bigger problem are the lack of bendy tentacles. She would have really benefitted from having those, as they barely move at all due to her hair. They can't even be positioned to sword fight with an opponent in front of her, just sticking out uselessly at the sides.

Overall I give her a very good B+ (would have given her an A+ if she had more articulated tentacles).