Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Octavia Discussion Thread

she's getting talked about more so just bumping one of my fav girls

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

I just hope if they make her they give her lots of weapons that her tentacles can hold!
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

i wonder if she will have new hair or if they will use She-Ra's hair, it looks just like hers all it needs is a headband.

lol with how figures are now we will be lucky if she gets any accessories.

Heroic Warrior
    After Snout Sprout, I'm guessing that Octavia's tentacles will be done in the same way as Slush Head's clawed tentacles?

But, I wonder how it will work with the female buck since they don't feature the same additional armour piece that the male buck does. Perhaps they'll tool a new female upper torso that can be used for Octavia as well as Angella, Flutterina, Veena, etc in the future?

And I also wonder how they will do Octavia's hair. Will it be sculpted to "stick out" far away from her back to allow the tentacles plenty of room on her back? Or will they possibly give her shorter hair? Or will the tentacles be sculpted to come "through" the hair?

In terms of accessories, it seems likely that she won't come with many given the unique tooling required and the fact that her four tentacles will probably could as accessories. But, two identical swords, both of which are sculpted with a "guard" that enables them to clip onto the tentacles would be great.

Thanks for posting that design pic, DS! I'd never seen it before - from the book, right?

I'm pretty much beside myself/annoyed to all end that Octavia wasn't shown at SDCC and these random mentions of her have done little to quell my fears that she won't be made before the end of the line.

In terms of accessories, it seems likely that she won't come with many given the unique tooling required and the fact that her four tentacles will probably could as accessories. But, two identical swords, both of which are sculpted with a "guard" that enables them to clip onto the tentacles would be great.
    Swords are a must, but some simple blaster batons (great for later reuse with the Horde Troopers) would be terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Thanks for posting that design pic, DS! I'd never seen it before - from the book, right?

I'm pretty much beside myself/annoyed to all end that Octavia wasn't shown at SDCC and these random mentions of her have done little to quell my fears that she won't be made before the end of the line.

Swords are a must, but some simple blaster batons (great for later reuse with the Horde Troopers) would be terrific.
    i think so, but i don't have the book so i don't know. lol

I thought it was from the book if I remember right, that is!!!!
    I would think that she would be made, as for when it's any ones guess, but she is a must have for more than 1 reason! There are so many fans that want her, but if the line would gain more interest and popularity we would definetly get her and many others that with NO DOUBT should be made. They have her trade marked now dont they!

Heroic Warrior
    I honestly would love to see SOME amalgamation in design. I LOVE the concept sketch of her. Essentially, give her the Filmation head, and then give her the outfit of the concept character in yellow with green skin with black boots. She also has 6 tentacles here instead of four, and they clearly come out through her widened sleeves, not her back. I know I am in the minority, but I would LOVE to see a few of these tweaks added.

Snappy Threader
    Octavia is a must. I searched for years to find a suitable custom base to use to make her, to no avail. We absolutely MUST get her. I consider her to be a must-get-to like Scorpia.

I'm not in favor of them bringing any of the concept sketch to the final figure. She looked superb in the show, and that's how she should look as a figure.

I'm not in favor of them bringing any of the concept sketch to the final figure. She looked superb in the show, and that's how she should look as a figure.
    I agree. Although the sketch had been rumoured for years, very few had actually seen it, whereas Octavia's design from "Treasure of the First Ones" and "Shera Makes A Promise" is her definitive look.

IMO, she looks better in green - she has a devilishly delicious design and I really hope they get to her in MOTUC.

She was my favorite of the three reveals at Power-Con.

Pleased to see her announced, but need a clearer picture to get excited about - the one at AFI is super blurry. The tentacles come with swords, but are the permanently attached? Do the tentacles move?

Once these are answered, I will smile.

She looks great. A nice sculpt and lots of cool accessories. This is actually one of the very few 'filmation only' characters I've been interested in, since I first saw her on here a couple years ago.

Pleased to see her announced, but need a clearer picture to get excited about - the one at AFI is super blurry. The tentacles come with swords, but are the permanently attached? Do the tentacles move?

Once these are answered, I will smile.
    The tentacles will come unattached so fans can attach them any way they want. Each tentacle is supposed to be different (they looked the same to me, but maybe they curl differently at the ends). He said the swords are each the same, but possibly they are all slanted in different ways to make each tentacle different? It looked like they'd have to come separate though or the whole thing would just be too big to fit in a package.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

So...the tentacles will be "bendy" - but hopefully not in the same way Snout Spout was bendy?

Last question - does she have the waist twist? It looks like they might have used the non-twist waist Teela/Adora torso.

I really really want to smile. Tell me she has twist waist.

I am thrilled for Octavia. I feel the same way about her that I did when they revealed Shadow Weaver. So awesome!

So...the tentacles will be "bendy" - but hopefully not in the same way Snout Spout was bendy?

Last question - does she have the waist twist? It looks like they might have used the non-twist waist Teela/Adora torso.

I really really want to smile. Tell me she has twist waist.
    I thought it was the twist waist like Tallstar had. She definitely has boots that can be used on Scorpia! I couldn't tell about the tentacles being bendy (couldn't hear if Scott said they were and no one asked), but they were displayed fully stretched out in the slide, so I don't know how they'd fit in the package if they couldn't bend. But I'll have to check the Mattel booth to see them in person. That corner is so mobbed!
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

gbabok, you are my only hope! Please check out the booth and let me know...

I feel a smile coming on...!

Heroic Warrior
    I was hoping for Scorpia, but as long as she's done right, she's cool. Hopefully all of those swords make it into production!

Snappy Threader
    My favorite revela of the new upcoming figures. I can't wait.

Octavia looks awesome. She is by far the best reveal. I love bad girls and she looks wicked.

Wish it was Scorpia but she looks good.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

So my first reaction...rotting foam tentacles like Snout Spout?

After that, Octavia is awesome. I can't wait.

Followed by, the swords had better be removable from the tentacles or the figure is useless as a toy.

These are supposed to be toys, not statues.

So please let them be removable.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I thought it was the twist waist like Tallstar had. She definitely has boots that can be used on Scorpia! I couldn't tell about the tentacles being bendy (couldn't hear if Scott said they were and no one asked), but they were displayed fully stretched out in the slide, so I don't know how they'd fit in the package if they couldn't bend. But I'll have to check the Mattel booth to see them in person. That corner is so mobbed!
    Scorpia boots are different. They have sharp edges in the heel part.