Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Octavia Discussion Thread

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Cornboy has confirmed on FB

The tentacles won't be bendy. Her head isn't pushed all the way down in that pic.
    and

She's pretty hot for a green chick with fin ears and male pattern baldness.
    ka
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; September 22, 2012 at 10:45pm.
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I absolutely LOVE Octavia and am VERY excited she's coming!!!!

I REALLY hope they make her tentacles out of the same material as King Hiss. She NEEDS this material, so she can capture her victims in her tentacles. It's her entire gimmick! If she was made in the 80's, I GUARANTEE you, that would be her action feature. There was a Hercules figure that was an octopus-like woman in the 90's, and she had the bendy material tentacles, so you could capture Hercules, just like on the live-action TV show.

Octavia was in TWO episodes of She-Ra and in each one, she used her tentacles to capture her victims. Sea Hawk and Sproker:

When I learned she was coming with a crossbow at work, I groaned a bit because I wish she came with her freezing sticks (pictured below) and because NONE of the Horde women have crossbows (Catra, Entrapta, Scorpia, Double Trouble, etc.), but now that I'm home and can see the crossbow...I have to say...that thing is pretty damn sweet and I'm glad they created it! The end is also a PURPLE octopus, which I think may be an homage to the original figure concept Octopus Woman, which eventually turned into Octavia! How cool is that?!

Maybe we can get the freezing sticks in the future somehow? I can't complain though. This girl is LOADED DOWN with accessories. This is one happy PoP fan right here!

I LOVE the added detail to her Horde symbol on her chest (to make it more like the MOTU toys, and not the Filmation Horde) and I love the detail on her belt. She's a great update from animated design to toy. A+

Also, the 4 Horsemen actually made her look pretty! She didn't look too pretty on the show. I like her being pretty better. Just because she's a "monster" doesn't mean she can't be a hottie.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; September 23, 2012 at 12:00am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I think this is a great sculpt. I can't wait to add her to the shelf! Even if she can't grip anything with her arms, she still more interesting than stratos and some of the other more "boring" characters.
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    I think this is a great sculpt. I can't wait to add her to the shelf! Even if she can't grip anything with her arms, she still more interesting than stratos and some of the other more "boring" characters.
    OMG, Stratos could probably hold one of her swords, actually! They have the half-circle thing on them (like Buzz-Off's axe). That might be a cool accessory for Stratos. Like he defeated a Horde member and took on his weapon.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

She looks fantastic. I would love to see her come with the black shadowing around her eyes being a bit bolder and more in the shape of her Filmation likeness and with her two freeze sticks and exploding white star. I think thats the only thing that could be done to make her look even better. Well done Mattel/4H/Scott. You have all done a great job here. :-)

Also the more I look at the picture of her without her tenticals in the more I am thinking her body would make the perfect base for a true Horde Force Captin Adora. It would be a great way to reuse all the tooling spent on her body a year or two down the.line. People would defo pick up HFC Adora . She is one of the most requested variants.

Last edited by Angel-T; September 23, 2012 at 06:58am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post

However that is a good point about the lack of a horde symbol on Scorpia's boots, although honestly her boots should have had them IMO (and I thought for sure I saw them on her in some episodes, but I see a lot of pics without them on the web now too).
    Scorpia has a really nice belt with the form of the Horde symbol. It's a great design.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    despite octavia being a popular character among fans i never cared for her, but i got to say she turned out to be a great looking figure. i would not mind at all having her as apart of my collection. very well done outstanding figure.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Octiva looks really good, cant wait to add her to the collection. Bring on more Horde and Filmation.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Octavia looks amazing I'm in shock that she not only looks like she came right out of the She-Ra cartoon but that she's coming in 2013. Really glad they have done her before Scorpia also, I think Scorpia would be a sure bet for 2014 but I don't think Octavia would have been if we had seen Scorpia revealed yesterday. Love the squid Horde bow that's very cool, she really is looking perfect.

Octavia's inclusion now means that there are only 2 Horde females left to get Scorpia and Entrapta so the Horde females are close to been complete.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Mermista : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Spinnerella

One improvement I would like to see on Octavia, is more black around the eyes. I want it to be more defined too like in the cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    Scorpia has a really nice belt with the form of the Horde symbol. It's a great design.
    It is, but she can wear the symbol in more than one place. Quite a few Horde characters have the symbol on their shins as well as their chests.
    Last edited by gbagok; September 23, 2012 at 09:09am.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Octavia is to me the best reveal out of three fantastic reveals. Everything fits fantastic together. I also would love to see more black around her eyes. As of now she looks too sweet. So happy to see her.

Octavia looks phenomenal - I too would like a bit more black eye shadow for her, ala the Filmation design. She's a bit like the anti-Zorro.

As for the tentacles, I'd also prefer bendy ones - or if they can't do that to have them resculpted to be more bunched up. They seem to drift too far out.

Totally my favourite reveal from the show.

I think she looks perfect and I hope they don't change a thing!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Also the more I look at the picture of her without her tenticals in the more I am thinking her body would make the perfect base for a true Horde Force Captin Adora. It would be a great way to reuse all the tooling spent on her body a year or two down the.line. People would defo pick up HFC Adora . She is one of the most requested variants.
    I really do hope Scott finds a way to get us some awesome variants later on. Force Captain Adora would be one of the top concepts I'd be excited for, and this Octavia figure presents a full body that can be repainted to make a perfect Force Captain Adora Concept Figure!

The parts re-use for these figures can really get us some characters and variants we might not otherwise see realized.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I wonder if more black around the eyes would make her look better. Can someone photo shop the pic so we can get an idea of what she would look like?

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Okay, with the reveal of Octavia I may have a new favourite figure... Once I get that beauty in my hands it'll be confirmed, I think.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    One improvement I would like to see on Octavia, is more black around the eyes. I want it to be more defined too like in the cartoon.
    Yes, please, in the prototypoe the black is just an eye makeup. It should be almost like a small mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Octavia looks phenomenal - I too would like a bit more black eye shadow for her, ala the Filmation design. She's a bit like the anti-Zorro.

As for the tentacles, I'd also prefer bendy ones - or if they can't do that to have them resculpted to be more bunched up. They seem to drift too far out.

Totally my favourite reveal from the show.
    Seconded!!!!!!!

Can't believe they made her before Scorpia, but a great maneuver on their part to make sure she's included in the line. Three great green reveals yesterday!!!!!!! Can't Wait!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    She looks fantastic. I would love to see her come with the black shadowing around her eyes being a bit bolder and more in the shape of her Filmation likeness and with her two freeze sticks and exploding white star. I think thats the only thing that could be done to make her look even better. Well done Mattel/4H/Scott. You have all done a great job here. :-)
    Sorry to be "that guy" but don't thank Scott/Mattel until AFTER it makes it through the factory. Right, Frosta? I am keeping my Optimism cautious.

I totally get where you are coming from...perticularly after the mess that has been made of Frosta. But as one of those fans who really does focus on the POP girls I am normally one of the first to voice any concerns or issues I find displeasing on these figures. As of this point she looks amazing so it's nice to be able to focus on the positive and give Mattel and the 4H some praise...so far they have done a great job. Hopefully there will be no / few issues with her as she moves foward into production. Fingers crossed.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Diffidently getting her one way or another.

Her face is PERFECT! I so hope it does not get altered too much!
    Not to be annoying...but I always liked that she looked less "pretty" than the other Horde girls. In fact, I always felt the original Frosta face sculpt would be perfect for Octavia, with it's larger pouty lips and bulging eyes.

As it stands, Octavia looks prettier than Frosta! Now THERE'S a switch!

Sorry to be "that guy" but don't thank Scott/Mattel until AFTER it makes it through the factory. Right, Frosta? I am keeping my Optimism cautious.
    Yeah, I'm with you. If they'd revealed her last year, when my overall faith in the line was stronger, I'd be totally flipping out right now and doing cartwheels. Instead, my joy is tempered by the fact that anything can change - price, sculpt, accessories and most important...quality of construction!

I wonder if more black around the eyes would make her look better. Can someone photo shop the pic so we can get an idea of what she would look like?
    I'd also like to see that But I hope they don't go overboard - it's not a mask on her face...just some stylized dark circles.

I really do hope Scott finds a way to get us some awesome variants later on. Force Captain Adora would be one of the top concepts I'd be excited for, and this Octavia figure presents a full body that can be repainted to make a perfect Force Captain Adora Concept Figure!
    I thought the exact same thing Only, I'd love it for the "Horde" portions on a 2nd Adora figure to be removable, so we still end up with a "regular" Adora underneath. This figure has the right kind of briefs and a twist waist - two things sorely lacking in the 1st Adora.

"The tentacles won't be bendy. Her head isn't pushed all the way down in that pic."
    That is so, so disappointing to hear. And a cop-out. YOU CAN DO IT MATTEL!

And also...YAY! Octavia is coming!

The tentacles must bend! Can you imagine the posing possibilities with them bendy! Don't let us down, TG!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Yeah...if they're just long and droopy as they currently appear to be...it's gonna suck, big time!

I'm not even saying they have to be able to make full loops around other characters....just "U" around them, for angry hugs

Look at those red eyes...she is stunning!

The Fwoosh pics are up guys! http://thefwoosh.com/2012/09/power-c...edium=facebook