Thread: Speaking of crossovers - What about Voltron & MOTUC?

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar

Speaking of crossovers - What about Voltron & MOTUC?

Mattel just announced Voltron Defender of the Universe stuff is coming in 2011.

Mattel has MOTU and He-Man as the Most Powerful Man in the Universe.

A lot of "Universe" going around for Mattel lately aint it? Maybe they can do something with that?

I vote for 2 packs with 1 shot comics. Give me Skeletor & Zarkon and He-Man & Voltron team ups with comics. Much like they did with DC.
    Last edited by Count Marzo; June 10, 2010 at 03:32am.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post

A lot of "Universe" going around for Mattel lately aint it? Maybe they can do something with that?

I vote for 2 packs with 1 shot comics. Give me Skeletor & Zarkon and He-Man & Voltron team ups with comics. Much like they did with DC.

Well, we can use the witch from Voltron as Shadow Weaver if the figures are in the same scale (roughly) and style as MOTUC, and if we don't get the real Shadow Weaver.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Elder Councilman
    He-Man Vs Voltron?

That'd be one hell of an oversized Marvel Universe-style 2-Pack, now wouldn't it?
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

No crossover please!!

The more there are, the more the identity of the motu is diminished or has no sense!

Heroic Warrior
    No crossover please!!

The more there are, the more the identity of the motu is diminished or has no sense!
    I totally second that !

Plus, more crossovers mean that there are higher risks that all MOTU/POP/NA/200X figs won't be able to be produced in MOTUC, since any figure that's not MOTU/POP/NA/200X postpones and delays the release of a beloved MOTU-verse fig !

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Well, we can use the witch from Voltron as Shadow Weaver if the figures are in the same scale (roughly) and style as MOTUC, and if we don't get the real Shadow Weaver.
    THIS! I hope Mattel realizes the potential here.

I'm okay with an "elseworlds" type crossover. I think stuff presented like that is fun, and can easily be ignored by anyone who doesn't want another property stepping into the MOTU/POP universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post

No, no, no, no, no, no..........no. Please no.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Bwahahahahaha!!! I'd rather see He-Man tag teaming at Wrestlemanina with Triple H in WWE against Skeletor and the Undertaker for the Tag Team Title.

Imagine this scenario:

He-Man and Voltron Force fight TWO Robeasts. He-Man takes one while Voltron Force fights the other. While the Voltron Force Lions go through getting their asses kicked until they form Voltron, try out all of his weapons on the beast until they get to the Blazing Sword, He-Man has already destroyed his.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; June 10, 2010 at 11:11am.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I know not many people are fond of crossovers and neither am I to be honest. I just figured this would be a good way to bring 2 pretty popular 80s icons together since Mattel can do that now.

I'd rather have Voltron than DC, and DC has already been done before...twice. Nothing serious just a 1 time release.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Imagine this scenario:

He-Man and Voltron Force fight TWO Robeasts. He-Man takes one while Voltron Force fights the other. While the Voltron Force Lions go through getting their asses kicked until they form Voltron, try out all of his weapons on the beast until they get to the Blazing Sword, He-Man has already destroyed his.
    That would be awesome actually. Shows how powerful He-Man is compared to Voltron.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    ... Voltron Force fights the other. While the Voltron Force Lions go through getting their asses kicked until they form Voltron, try out all of his weapons on the beast until they get to the Blazing Sword...
    PERFECT summary of every episode of Voltron!
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    If we're just talking action figure two packs.. then I'm neither for or against it.. I probably wouldn't buy it.. I prefer the DC/MOTU 2 packs to continue (which they are! yay!)... rather than starting all over again with He-Man and Skeletor being released again for the 8th time...

Now my knowledge of Voltron is seriously lacking... I seen some cartoons in the 80s when I was a kid.. but was never a huge fan.. never had any of the toys.. But what I think I do know is that Voltron takes place in space.. I'm not sure if they travel to different planets or whatnot..

Now with a Voltron cartoon coming out with this new relaunch.. if they had a crossover and they did an episode on Eternia for whatever reason.. I would definitly support that.. Although, it may be the only episode of the new Voltron I'll watch.. I'd certainly be excited to see it.

I'd also pick up a Voltron/He-Man comic.. but.. for either of these things.. I would hope a Voltron cartoon might help to launch something or pilot something new on the MOTU front. I'm not excited for a Voltron/MOTU crossover per se.. but more excited of what one might lead to as a MOTU fan..

It could be done. Anything can be done, but that's nothing I'd really care much for myself. But I guess if they did a vs pack of some type and I liked it, I'd get it.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!