Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wizard of Stone Mountain

Heroic Eternian Actor Master_Of_Metropolis's Avatar

The Wizard of Stone Mountain

UPDATED--August 18, 2011
    The Wizard of Stone Mountain is the first part of a planned trilogy--you can learn more about the project at www.wizardofstonemountain.com!

UPDATES! August 18, 2011

Wizard of Stone Mountain will have it's World Premiere at Grayskull Con in Germany on Saturday Night, September 3, 2011

The Austin, TX Premiere will be on Tuesday September 27, 2011 at the Village Alamo Drafthouse.

We will have a screening at Power-Con on Saturday night, September 24th.

The movie will stream online for free starting Halloween Night, October 31, 2011.

The teaser trailer is now available on youtube

Check out our page on Internet Movie Database!

Join our Facebook Fanpage!

Synopsis
    Determined to win the respect of his people and the love of his life, Teela; Malik, The Wizard of Stone Mountain, makes a bargain with a demon to wield great power. It is up to the heroic warriors to save Malik from himself when the demon takes control and claims Malik’s soul!

Background
    The Wizard of Stone Mountain is the first live action Masters of the Universe fan film to be produced for the public. Based upon Johann Wolfgang von Goethe’s Faust, the Wizard of Stone Mountain is a fully realized, character-driven story. Written and directed by John F. Carroll, the film is currently in post production and was shot on HD Digital video in studio and on location in Austin, New Braunfels, and Leander Texas.

The film is the first of a planned trilogy. The Wizard of Stone Mountain will premiere at Grayskull Con in September 2011. The second and third films will be shot back to back in early 2012

BLAKE YELAVICH Locus
    JOHN F. CARROLL Malik
    BRIDGET FARIAS Kareen
    BETHANY HARBAUGH Teela
    ANDREW BRETT Skeletor
    CHRIS ROMANI Evil-Lyn
    BRADEN HUNT Count Mazo
    (Complete cast and crew listed at wizardofstonemountain.com)

Also, if you are on Facebook, become a fan:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Master...21581417882736
    Last edited by Master_Of_Metropolis; August 19, 2011 at 01:05am. Reason: New Updates

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Sounds interesting.

Does it have anything to do with Malek, the wizard of Stone Mountain?
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

It does! The story centers around Malik--but there's a twist!

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Of_Metropolis View Post
    It does! The story centers around Malik--but there's a twist!
    A twist you say?

Hmmmm....

*snaps fingers*

I got it! He liked Adam, not Teela!
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

First Look:

Set photo for Wizard of Stone Mountain. More photos coming soon!
    Let me know what you think!

More pictures!

[IMG][/IMG]

And another...

[IMG][/IMG]

More updates to come!

For more info on The Wizard of Stone Mountain, visit www.wizardofstonemountain.com

Want to help out? Visit Indiegogo

We just finished our first day of filming!
    Here is a preview shot of Malik's journey to Eternos and the Royal Palace:

And you can't have a day of filming without at least one outtake!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....2859557&ref=mf

This is a very cool project you're working on. I'm pretty sure this is the first "live action" fan film done by a fan of MOTU. I look forward to seeing some more of your set pics as the film progresses!
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; July 9, 2010 at 04:03pm.

sounds interesting
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Heroic Warrior
    This looks VERY promising. However, the costume looks a little too "earthly" imho. Thereīs not much "eternian" going on there. From the looks I would locate it in medieval earth, not Eternia. Not even set in the fantasy-genre. But I guess you are perfectly aware of that, since you havenīt posted any pics of eternian props, costumes or actors (Teela will surely be in the movie) so far to raise the level of anticipation

Correction. I just found pics of the Staff of Ka. Now I really want to see more of this project, as it just got even more interesting
    Gegen 2-Klassen-Gesellschaft in Internet-Foren

We start casting today--you are right, it is a bit earthy, as I want to ground it and avoid it being cheesy. However, wait till you see some of the other designs! Especially the make up designs. You will see Eternia very soon!!

From here on out, I will post updates on my original posting, so it's all in one place. We have begun shooting and hope to have a teaser trailer out by October, if not sooner!

Hey there, I've been lurking here for a few months but this is my first actual post.

I'm voicing Skeletor in the movie and I just wanted to share this news article with everyone. There's a good look at my physical counterpart inside as well!

http://www.hillcountrynews.com/news/article_5eea7fce-aaff-11df-a003-001cc4c03286.html?login_success=true&newly_registered=true

This is going to be a really cool project and as a fan I'm really excited to see a great interpretation of Eternia on screen!
    Last edited by The Voice; August 21, 2010 at 05:28pm.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Sounds interesting. I'm wondering how is this film going to get distributed? I wouldn't mind getting a DVD, but I imagine there's some strings attached with doing such a thing.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Sounds interesting. I'm wondering how is this film going to get distributed? I wouldn't mind getting a DVD, but I imagine there's some strings attached with doing such a thing.
    It will be distributed via our website--completely free to watch.

Sounds like a huge undertaking that's going to be lots of fun. I'll be interested in the possible theatre showing next year since I'm in the Austin area.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    Sounds like a huge undertaking that's going to be lots of fun. I'll be interested in the possible theatre showing next year since I'm in the Austin area.
    It is definitely a huge undertaking, but we've never had so much fun! We are looking into having a premiere here in Austin sometime next year.

I am working on the teaser trailer as we speak, and hope to have that up in the very near future!

My first thoughts on this were "oh lord"

But realy, as I look at the setup you folks have behind this project, and the fact that you are doing something I myself wish i had the time to do, I applaud the heck out of this. The Fans on this site always come to the calling of one another. Even if it's not a Mattell/famous movie studio production, it's a story being told on screan. I wish you all the best of luck and the very best out of your talent.

You guys are putting so much time and money into this, you should really plan on presenting this at Comic Con. If anyone remembers "Batman: Dead End" that showed up at Con years ago. It was an instant hit with fans and brought recognition to the makers of the short film. Make a trailer or even have a panel to present and talk about the film, I would surely attend it, and would not be surprised if Mattel showed up as well to get fan reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Justice View Post
    You guys are putting so much time and money into this, you should really plan on presenting this at Comic Con. If anyone remembers "Batman: Dead End" that showed up at Con years ago. It was an instant hit with fans and brought recognition to the makers of the short film. Make a trailer or even have a panel to present and talk about the film, I would surely attend it, and would not be surprised if Mattel showed up as well to get fan reaction.
    We are going to submit to ComicCon and other venues and festivals. Ultimately, it boils down to if they pick us. Editing and FX will take awhile but what we need is fan support for this. Pictures are floating around from set and we will have a teaser out by Halloween.

Ultimately, the 'org hasn't seemed to care very much, so because I have been so busy with filming, I don't update here as often as I do other sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Of_Metropolis View Post
    We are going to submit to ComicCon and other venues and festivals. Ultimately, it boils down to if they pick us. Editing and FX will take awhile but what we need is fan support for this. Pictures are floating around from set and we will have a teaser out by Halloween.

Ultimately, the 'org hasn't seemed to care very much, so because I have been so busy with filming, I don't update here as often as I do other sites.
    To be honest, I came across this section by accident. I never venture outside of the 2008 -??? Classics forums. I think Val putting it on the main page will get some attention. I will ask him.

Awesome sounds cool
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I'm honestly more shocked too that the Org is not making a bigger deal of this than it deserves. I'm a bit curious about He-man. Can any info about the actor who is playing him be released yet? I'm just curious about why so secretive about He-man.

Plus I got to thinking about the pic with Teela (?) in the first post. I sure hope that nice looking modern house isn't in the shot of the film, lol.
    Last edited by bskcase; September 7, 2010 at 01:52am.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!