Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stratos & Zodac Support Thread!!!

Stratos & Zodac Support Thread!!!

Since it seems like Stratos & Zodac receive a lot of ire from the fans due to their lack of accessories & perceived "bland & boring" designs, I wanted to show my support for both of them.

STRATOS: Along with Battle Cat, he was my first MOTU toy as kid(unlike the 2002 era, I had an easier time getting toys that weren't He-Man & Skeletor). What's not to love about him? Besides being the leader of his people, he's a flying ape-man!!!

ZODAC: Besides loving his "old fashioned" spaceman design, Zodac was the Boba Fett or Wolverine(before they had their origins layed out) of the Masters Of The Universe franchise; he was an anti-hero who had a mysterious past.

I know I'm not alone! Show your love for these, imho, unfairly maligned MOTU characters!!!
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; June 13, 2010 at 09:44pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I have enjoyed ALL of the figures thus far. I also hope each and every figure gets a reissue.
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Both of these characters were/are favorites since childhood. I don't get all the "hate" these characters receive. I love them both. Only problem with Stratos is his wing position. I personally hate all these custom weapons people are making to go with them. I love them in all their vintage, classic garb without extras.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Stratos and Zodac are among the elite early characters that basically define "motu" to me. I don't get the hate, but we all have our different tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I personally hate all these custom weapons people are making to go with them. I love them in all their vintage, classic garb without extras.
    I prefer them as is also, but the spymmonkey swords are well done and fit right in. I prefer to have my Zodac with just a blaster, but I was tempted to get the sword.

Heroic Warrior
    i don't think ppl hate these characters, they're just really dull looking figures, which is why they keep getting the stepchild treatment. I honestly believe if Stratos and Zodac were not made, we problably have several threads demanding these figures to be made...and start complaining why matty has passed over on 2 core vintage characters.

I love them both and glad they r part of my collection, they're essential, its like in football....offensive linemen r essential but nobody cheers for these guys...everyone cheers for the QB, WR, or RB, basically anyone scoring a touchdown. while we scream for Teela and Trap Jaw, r collections would be incomplete without good old, reliable and boring stratos and Zodac.

That's just my perpesctive.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I don't hate either, but I do 100% believe they are the two most boring/bland of the line so far. I mean, the whole line is full of swords, living skeletons, witches, barbarians, etc. So...yeah. I enjoy both figures and characters, but still believe they are the most bland.

Except when Stratos is Sean Connery.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I think they are both important because they were among the core group of original characters. To me, Zodac is the more interesting of the two. I like his sci-fi aspect and the fact that he is sometimes considered to be evil, depending on what you go by. I don't have many nice things to say about Stratos though, so I'll leave it there.

To echo other statements, I think these are great characters who are really important to the mythos. They have a lot of cool design touches. However, I do think they kind of got the short end of the stick because they came out earlier in the line. If they were coming out today they'd probably get extra weapons or neat little touches.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Awesome thread!!!

these two are two of my most dearly loved characters, Stratos was the 2nd MOTUV figure i ever got as a child and Zodac was always so cool cos he had a laser! (A VERY Big deal to a 11 year old boy!) I do not understand people saying they are dull, the MOTUC versions are faithfull representations of the MOTUV versions.

And I agree 100% with Rockinhard, I absolutely hate the Custom weapons,IMO the glitter swords are out of scale and a lil too manga for me!

Leave Zodac alone!

Pick on tri-klops, thats a dull character!
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; June 13, 2010 at 11:21pm.
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I like Zodac and Zodak. Both guys are essential in the MOTU cannon. Stratos is cool and all, but I wish they gave him a weapon or something. He is kind of boring.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Both of these characters were/are favorites since childhood. I don't get all the "hate" these characters receive. I love them both. Only problem with Stratos is his wing position. I personally hate all these custom weapons people are making to go with them. I love them in all their vintage, classic garb without extras.
    This exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Awesome thread!!!

these two are two of my most dearly loved characters, Stratos was the 2nd MOTUV figure i ever got as a child and Zodac was always so cool cos he had a laser! (A VERY Big deal to a 11 year old boy!) I do not understand people saying they are dull, the MOTUC versions are faithfull representations of the MOTUV versions.

And I agree 100% with Rockinhard, I absolutely hate the Custom weapons,IMO the glitter swords are out of scale and a lil too manga for me!

Pick on tri-klops, thats a dull character!
    Whoa, whoa now, I love Tri-Klops! (He was one of my first figs in the good 'ol days....)
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

you are definetely not alone!

when 200x came out, Stratos was the one i got first because i never had him as a kid and always thought his design was awesome and classic... All best character designs are the ones that are the most simple, IMO. This applies to Zodak as well.

something about the simple color schemes of both, feels very pulp / classic to me. Also, accesories not make a character great. Design does.

Another underrated figure is Webstor, when i got him i was kind of "meh", but he grew on me, mainly because of his design... he feels so much like some alien from a 50's fantasy pulp magazine... again, same principle of coolness that define Zodak and Stratos.

See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

My Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2715534

=)

Love them both. Classic MOTU, otherworldly Monsters with Sci-Fi elements.

Zodac was the first MOTU figure that my mother bought in 1984. I have a very special attachment to this character and to me is the most fascinating. I love it.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    To echo other statements, I think these are great characters who are really important to the mythos. They have a lot of cool design touches. However, I do think they kind of got the short end of the stick because they came out earlier in the line. If they were coming out today they'd probably get extra weapons or neat little touches.
    totally agree with you.
    as characters they are essential for the heroic warrior's ranks, and as af both of them opened the way to the subsequent ones, highlighting point of attention for further improvements and additions.

concerning the lack of weapons, after heating his left hand to close his fingers a little, i gave stratos the red whip from weapons pak: the color matches perfectly stratos wings and harness; for zodac, i think that optikk's schield will be perfect for him (maybe it will be repainted and added to the weapons pak two).

Zodak and Stratos are coooool figures.

I love Zodac and Stratos as well!
    They are of the few that I bought doubles of and the only ones to date that I customized.
    Not because I don't like them originally, but because I like them so much!
    - Stratos (fixed wings)
    - Stratos (fixed wings & Zodac feet)
    - Zodac (with the Classic Version of The Master Blade of Empyrean)
    - Filmation Zodac (with boots -- Stratos feet and white gloves)
    - Dark Zodac (with black; helmet, loincloth, boots, armor, pistol, dark gray belt)

I also love Zodak!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Mara, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Blast-Attak, Hunga the Harpy, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Dragstor, Imp, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn

Aesthetically? Yes Stratos and Zodac are the least eye catching of the MOTUC characters designs. However, I believe they are just as important to the mythos as any other character. Zodac never appealed to me even as a child, I just got him just to get him, because I want a complete vintage/200x/POP collection. However, when I was a kid I always included Stratos with He-man, Man-At-Arms, Teela, Orko, Battlecat and Ram Man going against Skeletor and his main five villains.

looking at stratos on mattycollector i thought he looked very boring. having him in hand though, it actually looks like one of the better figures. i can't wait for a rerelease of zodac!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I don't think Stratos is boring at all, but his ability is seen as boring: the power to fly. It's no longer impressive anymore by itself. I think Stratos was marginalized because of better flying characters down the line, like Buzz-Off or Sy-Klone. Was Stratos so hated in 200X, since he was more offensive there or was it the same as vintage Stratos?

Stratos' lack of a weapon is another problem, but the character does shoot beams of energy from his hands as seen in the original Alcala mini-comics. (So did Beastman, but at least he has a whip).

Zodac's lack of popularity is most likely due to lack of media representation. Mattel themselves were unsure of his allegiance, and didn't place him in those early mini-comics. Perhaps because of this, maybe kids didn't play with a character that they didn't know how to portray. If he appeared in more mini-comics and more Filmation episodes, he would probably be way more liked.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; June 14, 2010 at 07:57am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Let's be fair here. Stratos and Zodac are no more boring looking than He-Man.

I think MOTUC Stratos is awesome (except for his incredibly weak ankles ). He has a cool backstory cementing an important place in the MOTU mythos as leader of Avion. Personally I look forward to adding more 'boring' looking Avions to my collection as Mattel roll out the army builders.

Stratos also has the distinction of one of the best 200x updates with the flapping wings and for the first time in 20 years making practical use of the jetpack, instead of wearing it as a decoration.

Zodac is cool cos he's an enigma.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I love each and every MOTUC figure I have. Stratos is simple and cool and Zodac is the most I use to pose. Also got him the custom sword spymonkey made.
    Ya Tengo El Poder!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I'll throw support behind these two guys. They are great characters and I like the figures a lot too. I don't see them as dull or lesser than the other figures at all. In fact in my display, I have two sections; one for the figures en masse on a step type display and then a shelf with an old castle grayskull set up as a kind of battle scene. Stratos is on proud display as part of the battle scene while several of the more "popular" figures are in the stands so to speak.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Their both two of my favorites and they really stand for Classic!
    Don´t understand why somuch people need some eyecatching BLING BLING on their figures!
    For me He-ro and Zodak are the cheapest looking figures. They look like an Ed Hardy T-Shirt.
    I know if you´re unimaginative you need stronger stimulation from the outside. Thats no offense, just a fact.
    Each to their own but i hope , that the Horsemen will not make every figure to a Master of Carnival!
    Last edited by JimPansen; June 14, 2010 at 11:44am.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    STRATOS: Along with Battle Cat, he was my first MOTU toy as kid(unlike the 2002 era, I had an easier time getting toys that weren't He-Man & Skeletor). What's not to love about him? Besides being the leader of his people, he's a flying ape-man!!!
    He's all right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    ZODAC: Besides loving his "old fashioned" spaceman design, Zodac was the Boba Fett or Wolverine(before they had their origins layed out) of the Masters Of The Universe franchise; he was an anti-hero who had a mysterious past.
    Well, personally I wouldn't go as far comparing him to The Fett or Wolvie but I like him. But I like him best as a villain. "Evil Cosmic Enforcer" is where it's at.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!