Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CHEERS TO MATTY ! They did what they promised!

CHEERS TO MATTY ! They did what they promised!

Less than 1/2 hour sell - outs may still be unreasonable, but Matty did what they said and up the numbers on the figures! Will they have to up them again?...maybe, but most members on this site and Mattycollector.com predicted 2 and 3 min sell outs like we have seen before, THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

MATTEL did a great job this month, it did take a while, but they raise production numbers...no one can dispute that! THAT DID HAPPEN !

There is always need for improvement, and MATTY improved a LOT this month.

I know 4 other people that have never bought a MOTUC figure until SHE-RA today, and one of them bought 3. So the numbers are definately up.

And a big thanks to Toy Guru...he puts up with a lot, and does a great job!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Um you do realize that the server crash, the site not working right, and the fact that the figures were still 'coming soon' around 12:03 helped to add time to the 26ish minute total right?
    Check out me and my friend's blog: Geek Culture

I will thank them for rereleasing Faker and clearly allowing him to have high enough numbers to not sell out super fast. This trend I hope continues with rereleases all the way to Trap Jaw and Battle Cat and on all figures with cool second heads (and con exclusives).

I think I might just give ole' Matty Collector a shot next month for the first time!

Heroic Warrior
    Even though things didn't sell out until later, it was still a very mixed bag. I get the idea that a large percentage of the people who tried to order She-Ra and Keldor were unable to do so (myself included). While there may have been some improvement, it isn't as rosy as this.

And how much was the sell-out time affected by people having to use Mattycollector.com and enduring the WSOD instead of just bypassing it via Findmyorder.com or Digital River's home site? That's what I always used to do.

I feel like I'm in an abusive relationship with Mattel regarding MOTUC. Might be time to get out.

Quote Originally Posted by radrcks View Post
    Um you do realize that the server crash, the site not working right, and the fact that the figures were still 'coming soon' around 12:03 helped to add time to the 26ish minute total right?
    QFT

This was NOT a better experience in the slightest.

There were absolutely no improvements this month, it just dragged on longer.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    Less than 1/2 hour sell - outs may still be unreasonable, but Matty did what they said and up the numbers on the figures! Will they have to up them again?...maybe, but most members on this site and Mattycollector.com predicted 2 and 3 min sell outs like we have seen before, THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

MATTEL did a great job this month, it did take a while, but they raise production numbers...no one can dispute that! THAT DID HAPPEN !

I know 4 other people that have never bought a MOTUC figure until SHE-RA today, and one of them bought 3. So the numbers are definately up.

The delay in sellout was certainly in large part to the massive server issues. And 18 minutes-with the item not available until 3 or 4 minutes after the hour and the aforementioned server instability- is STILL not acceptable. It just isn't.

Sorry, but there's still a long way to go. Sure, production runs were increased. That's great. But it's not like anyone thought they were lying! The WSOD still clearly does not work well properly though.

This is by far the WORST experience I have had to date on the site. 2 browsers and a friend trying to help me at his work, and all we could get during the checkout process was time outs, errors, and server code showing up instead of payment going through. This is in NO WAY acceptable by any means. Keldor lasted longer because of the bottleneck in the severs and all the errors trying to order.

BWAAA!!! This was the WORST experince I had on the site yet.

First, Keldor wasn't showing up on the MOTUC or the ON SALE page...

Then the server crashed, twice, while I was ordering....

37 minutes later, no figures. Again.

I have no kind words for Mattel or thier "improved" service.

[edit] - Oh, and I wasn't even trying to get She-ra.

Are you kidding!?

yeah I would say this month was the worst not just because it's the first time matty has shut me out. they seemed to have a lot of issues this time. my order was in by 12:04 and then in the order processing phase after 4 minutes the site kicked me out and I had to try again and then eventually the whole site crashed. I think they lasted longer because it was taking people longer to get through the ordering process.

2nd month in a row i get stuck at the order in progress on the last billing page.

Really uncalled for and not right.

Im so sick that I have to go to ebay again.

Again why collect a toyline that you cant collect.

Matty MAttel and DR get your ***** together man its unreal that you still cant get it right.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

And yet the site is more broken than ever before. If anything, the upped production numbers only drew out the process of unsuccessful checkout attempts. I could have left with my Faker and DCU Wave 5 consolation prizes much sooner if the sellouts had taken place earlier.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good thing that production numbers are upped. That's a great thing, but it means very little to customer experience if the site can't handle the traffic.
    -"You want me to drive?!!"
    -"Hey, it's the 80's!"

I hope you are kidding...first WSOD well before the sale...then had them in the cart and by the time it authorized they were sold out and I missed out on Keldor and She-Ra. Matty has not done to improve.
    Matty needs to do pre-orders !!

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    Quote Originally Posted by flor2099 View Post
    there were absolutely no improvements this month, it just dragged on longer.
    amen!

Increase in figure numbers = longer website timeouts!
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

What???!!!

Some guys do this every month. It's like they do it on purpose or told by someone to do this! It was a fiasco this morning. A lot of people are upset about this and yet we get such a thread.

No! no thanks to Matty and no thanks to TG.

BTW, Do you work for Matty or TG?

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Yeah. It was so much better this month that it was the first time I am empty-handed on a month that I wanted somehting.

I find it disappointing that the upped She-Ra production numbers still could not make her last at least an hour today. Hopefully, Mattel will up production once again.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by soundwavempl View Post
    I find it disappointing that the upped She-Ra production numbers still could not make her last at least an hour today. Hopefully, Mattel will up production once again.
    Remember, as we're told, when they do finally get around to upping production numbers, they are already about 6 months outta date, or at least a couple. So by the time they are upped, they are already behind.

Still, I think it's better to sell out and keep the line going than having a glut and the line choking and dying. As long as I could be sure it was "fans buying their one" sell out rather than "people buying loads to resell on ebay" sell out. Cause that system is going to crash and burn eventually, and if the numbers are too high, it'll hurt the line bad, I'll wager.

I understand the careful. Sucks though.

Heroic Warrior
    If anything it was worse. I got Keldor but no She-Ra!

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post

Dude what are you smoking ,it took me from 8.50 to 9.45 to get 0 figures it kept reloading over and over and just when it was prosseing my order the site crashed . What the he'll is this .I have the sub so that no problem but the extra figures are a hell to get

The only thing they did improve on was ******* me off. Like many others my page refreshed after the sale time and still had the coming soon. I got Faker, guess its better than nothing. Got the shaft today, and got it hard.

I would rate today's experience with Matty as yet another FAIL. GET A BETTER SERVER!!!!
    Masters of the Universe Classics, Ghosterbusters, and Voltron collector...any one have a storage unit(s) I can use? LOL

this is the first time i had so many problems with matty site. first i got the refresh screen for 20mins. after i added she-ra, keldor and lobo to my cart, i got the refresh screen again for another 5mins. then keldor was missing in my cart so i had to add him in again. went back to the order page, keldor was missing from there, i thought he was sold out. so i went back to the check out and still got she-ra and lobo there. then another sessions of the refresh screen. by the time i got to enter my credit card information she-ra was sold out. and then keldor reappeared in my cart, i had no idea what's going on........ it was a total mess this morning.

by the end, i was able to order one keldor. i don't think matty ever got the issue straight out.

good thing they will do an all-in sub next year, i will get that so i don't have to go thru all these mess again. or i will just wait for the re-issue from now on, at least they last for a few days. don't have to fight with everyone that way.