Toyguru has once again provided answers to your questions.
Thanks again to him for taking the time to answer these!
Check out his answers to your Round 39 questions!
This round of questions were selected by Mern-Ra,
and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
Thanks to them for their help!
1. MoViEfReAk: The original Netossa and Spinnerella figures never came with swords shown on the cardback cross-sell-art. If and when we get to them, will they have those swords?
This would be a great way to add accessories to these characters but, as with any unannounced figure, we just don’t have information to share right now! Toy Guru adds: “Not a bad idea, and one that has also come up in internal discussion as well! You’ll have to wait and see though.”
2. Mern-Ra: When placing an order on Matty "products are not guaranteed until you have reached the "Order Completed" page". Any updates on when this will be changed so we are guaranteed a figure when it is in our order cart instead?
This is something we are working hard on. As soon as we can confirm a change we will let fans know.
3. He-Ro: With the fast sell out times of Battle Cat and Tytus. Are we to expect the same with Gygor and King Grakskull? i.e. Are Gygor and King Grakskull's production number the same as Tytus and Battle Cat?
Sorry, we can’t comment on production runs. What we can tell you is that if a figure sells out fast, it is very likely it will be back for a second run down the road.
4. Sabretooth: A number of fans who purchased 2010 subscription had problems when they moved to another place and changed their address where to deliver product from Mattycollector. DR shipped the figures to the old address even after the fans announced the problem. Is this issue solved for 2011 subscription or do fans need to worry when they purchase 2011 sub and change their address? Thanks.
We are working hard to resolve this for 2011 and should have a system in place that will prevent this from continuing to happen.
5. Count Marzo: Do you choose how many Heroic Warriors, Evil Horde, Evil Warriors, Space Mutants, Snake Men, Princess of Power, etc we should expect per year? Or is it just going to be balanced between heroes and villains? And thanks for answering Q&A's every couple weeks, appearing on podcasts, and posting on here with us!
Since we have an overall limited number of characters in MOTU (compared to say DCU) when we brainstormed the character roll-out we did it to last through 2016 and beyond. We made a direct effort to spread characters out so that each year you get a nice blend of fan demanded characters, A-list characters as well as representatives from each major “faction.” It won’t always be the same ratio each year, but we do make a deliberate attempt to even there’s always a nice cross section of characters from all factions. You won’t get a year that is for example, “all Horde Characters.”