Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.39!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.39!

Toyguru has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to him for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out his answers to your Round 39 questions!

This round of questions were selected by Mern-Ra,
    and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
    Thanks to them for their help!

-------------------

1. MoViEfReAk: The original Netossa and Spinnerella figures never came with swords shown on the cardback cross-sell-art. If and when we get to them, will they have those swords?

This would be a great way to add accessories to these characters but, as with any unannounced figure, we just don’t have information to share right now! Toy Guru adds: “Not a bad idea, and one that has also come up in internal discussion as well! You’ll have to wait and see though.”

2. Mern-Ra: When placing an order on Matty "products are not guaranteed until you have reached the "Order Completed" page". Any updates on when this will be changed so we are guaranteed a figure when it is in our order cart instead?

This is something we are working hard on. As soon as we can confirm a change we will let fans know.

3. He-Ro: With the fast sell out times of Battle Cat and Tytus. Are we to expect the same with Gygor and King Grakskull? i.e. Are Gygor and King Grakskull's production number the same as Tytus and Battle Cat?

Sorry, we can’t comment on production runs. What we can tell you is that if a figure sells out fast, it is very likely it will be back for a second run down the road.

4. Sabretooth: A number of fans who purchased 2010 subscription had problems when they moved to another place and changed their address where to deliver product from Mattycollector. DR shipped the figures to the old address even after the fans announced the problem. Is this issue solved for 2011 subscription or do fans need to worry when they purchase 2011 sub and change their address? Thanks.

We are working hard to resolve this for 2011 and should have a system in place that will prevent this from continuing to happen.

5. Count Marzo: Do you choose how many Heroic Warriors, Evil Horde, Evil Warriors, Space Mutants, Snake Men, Princess of Power, etc we should expect per year? Or is it just going to be balanced between heroes and villains? And thanks for answering Q&A's every couple weeks, appearing on podcasts, and posting on here with us!

Since we have an overall limited number of characters in MOTU (compared to say DCU) when we brainstormed the character roll-out we did it to last through 2016 and beyond. We made a direct effort to spread characters out so that each year you get a nice blend of fan demanded characters, A-list characters as well as representatives from each major “faction.” It won’t always be the same ratio each year, but we do make a deliberate attempt to even there’s always a nice cross section of characters from all factions. You won’t get a year that is for example, “all Horde Characters.”

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 41!
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 13.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 14.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 15.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 16.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 17.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 18.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 19.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 20.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 21.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 22.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 23.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 24.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 25.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 26.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 27.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 28.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 29.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 30.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 31.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 32.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 33.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 34.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 35.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 36.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 37.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 38.
    And, have fun discussing Mattel's answers to your Round 39 questions!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Good answers -Particularly the Netossa one!

But I really dont see why it cant just be said that a run is increased, we are not asking specific production numbers, a simple yes or no would suffice. I think TG does a great job but Im getting over the standard 'We will do a second run if needed'. that wasnt the question!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    Yay! First time one of my questions was selected! Thanks Mern-Ra! Typical responses though. Haha, very rarely do they give us a nice piece of info in Q&As but they are still fun!
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    2. Mern-Ra: When placing an order on Matty "products are not guaranteed until you have reached the "Order Completed" page". Any updates on when this will be changed so we are guaranteed a figure when it is in our order cart instead?

This is something we are working hard on. As soon as we can confirm a change we will let fans know.
    4. Sabretooth: A number of fans who purchased 2010 subscription had problems when they moved to another place and changed their address where to deliver product from Mattycollector. DR shipped the figures to the old address even after the fans announced the problem. Is this issue solved for 2011 subscription or do fans need to worry when they purchase 2011 sub and change their address? Thanks.

We are working hard to resolve this for 2011 and should have a system in place that will prevent this from continuing to happen.
    IMO, when they say “we are working hard on”, it is a synonym of “nothing is going to change”. For instance, Mattel, Matty and Digital River have been “working hard”, FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS, on “improvements” for the ordering system on mattycollector. Yet, the same problems happen every month!

The fact that they are (even now!) unable to ensure a positive change for 2011 is a very bad omen : more than certainly, the “moving out” problem will still be there in 2011. One more reason not to buy the 2011 subscription, I think.

It won’t always be the same ratio each year, but we do make a deliberate attempt to even there’s always a nice cross section of characters from all factions. You won’t get a year that is for example, “all Horde Characters.”
    Yep. Of course. Since the favorite figures ans factions, have been deliberately spread on YEARS, this means that it will be very difficult to complete any faction if the line dies quickly... Another way for them to ensure that fans won't see their dreams come true, or that they will keep buying ANY figure at all (even the Z-list characters) just to keep the line alive, and in hope to finally get (MAYBE) their collection/factions/favorites complete.

3. He-Ro: With the fast sell out times of Battle Cat and Tytus. Are we to expect the same with Gygor and King Grakskull? i.e. Are Gygor and King Grakskull's production number the same as Tytus and Battle Cat?

Sorry, we can’t comment on production runs. What we can tell you is that if a figure sells out fast, it is very likely it will be back for a second run down the road.
    No one was asking for numbers, figures or even percentages. The question was simply to know if Gygor and King Grayskull would be produced in the same amount than Tytus and Battle Cat. Yet, we get the same “we can’t comment on production runs” answer. I guess it’s totally unuseful to ask (or to choose for any WTFTWK, as a matter of fact) more questions about anything that is even remotely linked to “production run”: we’ll get the same automated message every time!

The “second run down the line” is good, but is not very appealing to the fans, especially when they must wait for almost a year before any re-release…

ABOUT NETTOSSA AND SPINNERELLA GETTING WEAPONS: most probably, I think that it will be done. It would not be smart from Mattel to do otherwise. On the other hand, since there are weapons packs, maybe Mattel won’t do a thing and argue that we can add any weapon from the weapons pack… I guess we’ll have to see.
    Last edited by Spectror; June 16, 2010 at 05:47am.

1. MoViEfReAk: The original Netossa and Spinnerella figures never came with swords shown on the cardback cross-sell-art. If and when we get to them, will they have those swords?

This would be a great way to add accessories to these characters but, as with any unannounced figure, we just don’t have information to share right now! Toy Guru adds: “Not a bad idea, and one that has also come up in internal discussion as well! You’ll have to wait and see though.”
    To be a fly on the wall during some of these internal discussions...

I just hope that the upcoming KG and the troop 2 pack are made in larger #'s than Keldor!!! Items should be available for at least 4 hours... that would be the ideal... still fast sell outs, but 350% longer than what is happening currently!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post

The “second run down the line” is good, but is not very appealing to the fans, especially when they must wait for almost a year before any re-release…

That and the fact that I have managed to collect all the 1st releases-theres not a single 'the original' sticker in my MOC collection- and I would like to keep it that way. 2nd run is good, but if the numbers are increased then thats better!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Pretty cool on the Netossa and Spinerella comment with their cross sell art!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

It seems to me that the original production run plus the second production run is typically enough stock for most everybody to get one if they want it. I wonder why initial production can't be the total of those two runs.

That might be a good WTFWTK question, but I suspect we all know what answer it would get.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Heli88 View Post
    It seems to me that the original production run plus the second production run is typically enough stock for most everybody to get one if they want it. I wonder why initial production can't be the total of those two runs.

That might be a good WTFWTK question, but I suspect we all know what answer it would get.
    The one problem I see with that approach is the fact that there are still new fans joining the line every month. Re-releases allow them to pick up missed characters.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Oh my gosh...they've been discussing Netossa and Spinnerella! YEEEEEEAH!

If they come with their swords, great. If they come in a weapon pack, great. Weapon Pack would probably be a BETTER idea though, so they can get more unique accessories.

Every PoP girl should come with a shield and comb-axe. So...there are 2 accessories right there. Add a sword and they're probably done. Unless...they aren't planning on adding anything else...then add that sword!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    All I read was:

Sorry, we can’t comment
    This is something we are working hard on

We are working hard to resolve this

I'd love it if Spinerella came with two swords - it makes it a lot more deadly we she spins around with a sword in each hand!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I'd love it if Spinerella came with two swords - it makes it a lot more deadly we she spins around with a sword in each hand!
    That's true.

Spinnerella: FOOD PROCESSOR ATTACK!

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah