Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: King Ceratus MotUC Speculation Thead

King Ceratus MotUC Speculation Thead

So, we are getting King Carnivus. That together with King Randor makes a grand total of 2 out of the dozen Eternian council members. We know Whiplash will be released later in the year. When do you think we will get a King Ceratus figure? When do you want it? How do you want it to be different from Whiplash? Speculate away!
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    This thread needs pics.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I'd love a Ceratus and a Caligar Warrior 2-Pack. I just love that race/species of characters. I'd also take a Spelean 2-Pack & Dactys as well.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkhide View Post
    I'd love a Ceratus and a Caligar Warrior 2-Pack. I just love that race/species of characters. I'd also take a Spelean 2-Pack & Dactys as well.
    I was just about to comment on Dactys as well. I love all the new 200X additions!!
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    I'll take one! I love both heads on Whiplash, but wouldn't buy two, and his brother looks enough like the other sculpt that it'll cancel any guilt I might have about not getting another one.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    I'd like Ceratus to be as show accurate as possible, meaning having the spikes on his arms & shoulders. Maybe they could even give him the club at the end of his tail like the 200x calligars had, along with his unique loincloth & wristbands.
    It might be a good way for customizers to get a show accurate 200x whiplash too, by swapping the heads.

I do not, however want them to simply put another head on whiplash's body to pass off as Ceratus. the torsos can be shared, but the rest of him should be unique parts imo.

bring on Dactys too.... i'd love to see how they'd do characters with wings on their backs.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

I don't mind him being released atall, not that i know too much about him but definitely not a release this year ...we've seen enough 200x. Next year is fine though. Just hope it would be a bonus figure so i dont have to get it.
    MOST WANTED MOTUC FIGURES : MELAKTHA MADAME RAZZ FILMATION HORDAK PEEKABLUE MERMISTA QUEEN ANGELLA LIZARD MAN PERFUMA EVILSEED DREE ELLE VULTAK
    HUNGA SWEETBEE RED KNIGHT GENERAL SUNDAR GWILDOR SAUROD LOO-KEE FLUTTERINA SPINERELLA CATRA CAT FORM FILMATION SKELETOR

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    I'd like Ceratus to be as show accurate as possible, meaning having the spikes on his arms & shoulders.
    I'm torn. Show accurate would be nice, but don't think that would be the case.

Using Whiplash as a base, at minimum he needs:

a new head
    different loin cloth
    some sort of spiked chest/shoulder armor piece (like Beastman).

New forearms with gauntlets would be nice, but the could use He-ro if needed. If they try to make Evilseed show accurate- his arms and legs require spikes. The could reuse Evilseed parts parts on Ceratus.

Since Ceratus is not as detailed or unique- reuse would be better IMHO for a bonus release. Save the tooling for Dayctus.

If they do go the more original tooling route, put him in a army builder 2-pack to justify the extra tooling cost.Make the core body the same as the grunts, but include a Ceratus specific head and clip on gauntlets (get enough part for 2 grunts and Ceratus).

Not bothered about Ceratus yet, too close to Whiplash. But I'd love Lord Dactys pronto- he played a slightly larger role than Ceratus in 'Underworld' and, IMO, is cool as a cucumber.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

I actually wish we were getting him before Whiplash--for some reason I just CAN'T get excited about him. And I wish we were getting Lord Dactus before both of them!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    I like him. but as far as who we get, he will mostlikely have alot of whiplash parts. maybe new cloth undies, head, weapons....

so i can hold off on him, maybe he will be a two pack figure because of that...

I didn't like MYP's tendency to make characters who come from a certain Evil Warrior race cooler than the actual Evil Warrior. Like how Ceratus was cooler than Whiplash or how Clawful's kin were superior to him.

I always thought a Masters of the Universe character should be the best out of that race, good or evil.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I didn't like MYP's tendency to make characters who come from a certain Evil Warrior race cooler than the actual Evil Warrior. Like how Ceratus was cooler than Whiplash or how Clawful's kin were superior to him.

I always thought a Masters of the Universe character should be the best out of that race, good or evil.

right, its like instead of making the evil warrior as cool as the fans felt they were from the vintage line, they made a few of them just the outcasts and idiots of their race.

I hate whiplash bio. if the king of his race would have killed his parents for not wanting to fight the bats anymore would have been crazy more cool than, its my brother i dont like him, i am going to leave (sound familiar?)

Clawful should be from a dead race, and the only way he is alive is because of magic. the rest of them should be dead. he should be crazy strong, and it takes several masters to take him out. maybe there was an oil spill in the eternian ocean..... hmm.....

My personal vision of a Ceratus Figure would be to use Whiplash, but give him a new Head, Forearms/Bracers, Loincloth, and an interchangeable Tail (Whiplash Tail/200X Tail). But I don't think we'd get more than a new head in all reality.

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    Clawful should be from a dead race, and the only way he is alive is because of magic. the rest of them should be dead. he should be crazy strong, and it takes several masters to take him out. maybe there was an oil spill in the eternian ocean..... hmm.....
    Why should he be from a dead race?
    Last edited by Bulkhide; June 16, 2010 at 02:28pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I don't think the line benefits much from Ceratus as his race is already represented by Whiplash. I don't really think we need more than one member from any one race (besides Human). There are exceptions like maybe Hawk of the Avions, but Cerautus is too similar to Whiplash IMO.

Totally.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    I don't think the line benefits much from Ceratus as his race is already represented by Whiplash. I don't really think we need more than one member from any one race (besides Human). There are exceptions like maybe Hawk of the Avions, but Cerautus is too similar to Whiplash IMO.
    Some of the other races' characters have been made more important by the whole Council of Good subplot. Before that, they were one note characters, but MYP had a tendency to bring back it's characters into recurring roles, Carnivus, Dactys and Ceratus are chief among them.

We have:
    Stratos: Hawke
    Buzz-Off: The Queen, Stingrad
    Whiplash: Ceratus
    Clawful: Claw guy 1 and 2
    Orko: The Oracle

Is MOTUC big enough for armies of Avionians, Andrenids, Caligars or Clawful's folk? Probably, but after a few long wanted army builders like the Horde Troopers, Eternian Guards or Snake Men.

Why should he be from a dead race?
    i was just going out on a limb to make his bio more compelling, and not just: clawfuls brother is the king of claw people...

i just think they should be more creative. and sure i would have no problem with ONE of the many races being killed off, accept for a few who were the strongest. i think it would add depth. i mean, last of your kind? that would be kind of crazy. if the claw people brought a war to eternia, and eternians had no other option but to wipe out the race. sad. but would give clawful that rage and vengence.

Some of the other races' characters have been made more important by the whole Council of Good subplot. Before that, they were one note characters, but MYP had a tendency to bring back it's characters into recurring roles, Carnivus, Dactys and Ceratus are chief among them.

We have:

Is MOTUC big enough for armies of Avionians, Andrenids, Caligars or Clawful's folk? Probably, but after a few long wanted army builders like the Horde Troopers, Eternian Guards or Snake Men.
    I think that races other than Humans/Eternians (?) should be shown off myself.

I would say that yes the line could support some 2-Packs of various races, but like you said, they'd need to come after Horde Troopers and Palace Guards. I think that with the 4H, Mattel could do some really great race-based 2-Packs.

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    i was just going out on a limb to make his bio more compelling, and not just: clawfuls brother is the king of claw people...

i just think they should be more creative. and sure i would have no problem with ONE of the many races being killed off, accept for a few who were the strongest. i think it would add depth. i mean, last of your kind? that would be kind of crazy. if the claw people brought a war to eternia, and eternians had no other option but to wipe out the race. sad. but would give clawful that rage and vengence.
    I don't dislike the idea at all, I was just curious if there was some older canon that said this about his race that I didn't know of. Thanks for the clarification.
    Last edited by Bulkhide; June 16, 2010 at 03:01pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I think that races other than Humans/Eternians (?) should be shown off myself.

I would say that yes the line could support some 2-Packs of various races, but like you said, they'd need to come after Horde Troopers and Palace Guards. I think that with the 4H, Mattel could do some really great race-based 2-Packs.

I don't dislike the idea at all, I was just curious if there was some older canon that said this about his race that I didn't know of. Thanks for the clarification.
    its all good! and like i said, it wouldnt have to be that race, just an example.

I would hate to see either of those two packs. If you wanted to army build you'd end up buying Dactys and Ceratus over and over. They both need solo releases.

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I would hate to see either of those two packs. If you wanted to army build you'd end up buying Dactys and Ceratus over and over. They both need solo releases.
    I mean Ceratus (Single) and then a 2-Pack of Generic Caligar Warriors. Same for the Speleans.

Count me in as well!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    I'd like Ceratus to be as show accurate as possible, meaning having the spikes on his arms & shoulders. Maybe they could even give him the club at the end of his tail like the 200x calligars had, along with his unique loincloth & wristbands.
    It might be a good way for customizers to get a show accurate 200x whiplash too, by swapping the heads.

I do not, however want them to simply put another head on whiplash's body to pass off as Ceratus. the torsos can be shared, but the rest of him should be unique parts imo.

bring on Dactys too.... i'd love to see how they'd do characters with wings on their backs.
    I agree. Ceratus shoudl at the least have a new loincloth, his armbands, and a new head. The Caligar warriors vould use the basic Whiplash body with new heads.

We have:

Don't forget Bumblor or MerMan's warriors! I would like to see army-builders from all of these species.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I mean Ceratus (Single) and then a 2-Pack of Generic Caligar Warriors. Same for the Speleans.
    Ahh, I see I miss understood the wording. I would completely get behind that.

Of everything mentioned here, I'd really only want Hawke, maybe the Bee Queen, Horde Troopers and Eternian Guards. I'm not interested in Ceratus, Claw guys, The Oracle or generic Snakemen.

This would be a cool character in a couple years. I definitely want Dactys next!
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest