Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UPDATED: Roast Gooble Dinner - Dean Stefan (part 1 of 2) - Episode 005 Discussion!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Wow...they thought MYP would have lasted as long as Filmation. Considering what they did in 39 episodes, imagine what they could have done with 100 more?

The Mekaneck's Lament deleted scenes was funny. I wonder what Mek could have wanted as a power-up? Laser beam eyes?

I like the fact that Dean contributed personalities to various characters and made the good guys have little inner demons, while the villains had realistic goals and motivations.

I hope part 2 delves into more stuff that could have been or "what was he thinking" moments.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Listening to it right now.
    Thanks!!

Chief Carnivus not highly demanded?! He was a top contender in almost every 200X-Demand-Thread ...

I sense we 200Xers are considered a minority *g*

Its cool. Im not coplaiming but its long so right now im still on the last playing catch up.

But it is awesome.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I really enjoy the dinner as well...it helps pass the time at work when some afternoons are dragging...

I get a kick out of everyones voices...sure we know Dan's more than the others but Val provides a solid backbone to the cast as the anchor, while Emiliano, Eamon and Dan provide insight, info and entertainment

Thundercracker and Pixel Dan, sitting in a tree..

I love the gooble too!

The interview with Dean is great! It is nice/ interesting to get some insight in the animation business.
    Last edited by Eterniandreams; June 18, 2010 at 03:39am.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Chief Carnivus not highly demanded?! He was a top contender in almost every 200X-Demand-Thread ...

I sense we 200Xers are considered a minority *g*
    We are. I do think the fans who like ALL of the eras including 200X, are a majority.

However, Carnivus is a character that most 200X fans wanted ever since his first appearance, I think Toyguru included.

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    We are. I do think the fans who like ALL of the eras including 200X, are a majority.

However, Carnivus is a character that most 200X fans wanted ever since his first appearance, I think Toyguru included.
    I'm a big fan of all eras of MOTU, including POP, 200X, Mini-Comics, NA, etc... I'm glad to have 200X designs being incorporated now in MOTUC. I know I always wanted Carnivus in the 200X line. And I'm excited to have him now!
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Oh, that was not what I meant.

I just had a completely different impression than what was voiced in the podcast.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    Thundercracker and Pixel Dan, sitting in a tree...
    I thought intimacy with a machine was a faux pas...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    Thundercracker and Pixel Dan, sitting in a tree..

I love the gooble too!
    ARGGGHHHHH!!!! I said I liked his voice, I didn't want to bear each other's children! Since we're both straight, I don't know if the wives would approve anyway, right Dan?

Nah, he's just got this radio announcer-esque voice that is so distinct and easy to listen to. Are you in broadcasting at all Dan? You've definitely got the tonality for it!

Irian:

If we were talking about just 200x fans, then sure.
    But the buying market for these figures as a whole, which we were talking about? I'd say we're pretty much on the money.
    Carnivus is going to be like Optikk, in that he's going to have his niche audience of hardcore followers.

I'm not saying anyone who has commented feels like the following, but just in case...

Any 200x fan who feels there is an abundant dislike for 200x desperately needs to put this "classic VS 200x" stuff to rest. Anyone who feels that way is helping to create the illusion of a division in the fan base that doesn't actually exist, and doesn't need to be perpetuated.

I have yet to see much of anyone on these forums be anti-200x. There's probably an elite handful of "vintage only" fans. And I challenge anyone who actually thinks otherwiset to PM me a list of actual "vintage only" fans. If you try to do that, you're going to find out how few there really are.
    Preferring one thing over another doesn't mean you like one and dislike the other.

Besides, we're talking about freakin' toys here.
    I can think of far more important subjects with which to take umbrage.

that is true. I for one much prefer 200x as I am sure nearly all of you know but that doesn't mean I hate vintage toys, sure looking at them now I think they are kind of silly with their squat look, legs that look like they have been riding horses too long and torsos that seem to be too big for their legs (at least to me) but still they gave us MOTU, they were pretty much the start of the whole thing (ok the original design art was the start but you know what I mean), they introduced the characters and their designs to the general public so for that you have to appreciate them.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Great work guys! Keep up the good work!!!

Cheers!
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

That was not meant as something overly serious.

I just wanted to express that *I* had a different impression and that he seemed to me to be one of the most demanded 200X characters.

It's all good.
    As I said, I wasn't sure if that applied to anyone who had posted in this thread, but instead was a general message to anyone who might feel that way.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    The more I look at the photos of Carnivus (especially since the official pics were released), the more I can really see how incredibly of a figure he looks.

But I still stand by my initial *indifferent* comment. Personally, he's never a character I even really thought of putting on a wish list.

But I'll reiterate...Is till think the toy looks great, and I'm excited to see all eras of MOTU represented! The more from 200x, PoP, and NA, the better!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I have yet to see much of anyone on these forums be anti-200x. There's probably an elite handful of "vintage only" fans. And I challenge anyone who actually thinks otherwiset to PM me a list of actual "vintage only" fans. If you try to do that, you're going to find out how few there really are.
    Preferring one thing over another doesn't mean you like one and dislike the other.
    You're right. There really aren't that many.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Besides, we're talking about freakin' toys here.
    I can think of far more important subjects with which to take umbrage.
    Like superheroes & breakfast cereals?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Yay Eamon! Totally agree, Carnivus looks awesome!

Kind of curious why Val and Emiliano aren't too keen on connections between the Qadians and the Central tower. It fits perfectly with my own vision of the canon, just so long as they didn't build the Tower alone.

Edit: Oooo! And thanks for the plug!!!
    Last edited by gbagok; June 17, 2010 at 09:37pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Like superheroes & breakfast cereals?
    More like "Masters Power!"

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Yay Eamon! Totally agree, Carnivus looks awesome!

Kind of curious why Val and Emiliano aren't too keen on connections between the Qadians and the Central tower. It first perfectly with my own vision of the canon, just so long as they didn't build the Tower alone.
    Carnivus' people are called the Qadians?

Evil Apologist of Mattelฎ Count Marzo's Avatar
    I must agree with this discussion. I may come off as a "hardcore vintage 200x hater", but honestly I'm really not. 200x was awesome, although I prefer the vintage era and it's my favorite cartoon/toyline of all time. I mean, I've been a huge NA hater for how long now and I bought Optikk and I'm actually pretty anxious to see what the next NA figure will look like. I don't even know anything about it at all either.

Another thing is I prefer villains and don't care for cat-people. That probably doesn't help Carnvius too much. If they wouldve shown Evil Seed, I'm sure I wouldn't be hating as much on the amount of 200x influence in the MOTUC line. Maybe I'm just bitter than Mattel wont persue the Filmation rights and the bios are all based on the 200x story. They aren't that important really, but I would be 100% happy with the actual product then, the actual act of obtaining said product is another story...
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLลวK FLุWหRŠ!!!!

Just listening to ep5 at work and had an adrenalin rush when I heard Emiliano mention the Aussie chocolate wrappers I'd uploaded pictures of! Thanks guys!

He's the link for anyone interested:
    http://www.he-man.org/merchandising/section.php?id=76

I love how the application instrustions say "Lick clean skin".
    LOL - The 80's were the best!

Scott

Carnivus' people are called the Qadians?
    Yes, but I forget where it was said. I know it's in the Universe Guide here:
    http://old.he-man.org/cartoon/motu/u.../qadians.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I must agree with this discussion. I may come off as a "hardcore vintage 200x hater", but honestly I'm really not. 200x was awesome, although I prefer the vintage era and it's my favorite cartoon/toyline of all time. I mean, I've been a huge NA hater for how long now and I bought Optikk and I'm actually pretty anxious to see what the next NA figure will look like. I don't even know anything about it at all either.

Another thing is I prefer villains and don't care for cat-people. That probably doesn't help Carnvius too much. If they wouldve shown Evil Seed, I'm sure I wouldn't be hating as much on the amount of 200x influence in the MOTUC line. Maybe I'm just bitter than Mattel wont persue the Filmation rights and the bios are all based on the 200x story. They aren't that important really, but I would be 100% happy with the actual product then, the actual act of obtaining said product is another story...
    I don't think you come off as bad as you seem to think you do. I can tell from your posts that you're a Filmation & vintage fan with a definite opinion on the other eras, but I never feel you come off as a trouble maker or someone spreading hatred. You are definitely a lot less argumentative as I can be while I'm defending my favorite MOTU era.

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    Just listening to ep5 at work and had an adrenalin rush when I heard Emiliano mention the Aussie chocolate wrappers I'd uploaded pictures of! Thanks guys!

He's the link for anyone interested:
    http://www.he-man.org/merchandising/section.php?id=76

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...apjawfront.jpg
    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...rapjawback.jpg[

I love how the application instrustions say "Lick clean skin".
    LOL - The 80's were the best!

Scott
    I thought the backwards "Trap Jaw" on that wrapper said Wal Mart at first. I was about to ask why that was.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; June 18, 2010 at 03:02am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!