Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Support for Flocked MOTUC Panthor!

Hybrid View

Support for Flocked MOTUC Panthor!

So, I must admit, I was one of those that was totally in favor of not flocking Panthor. So much so that I was even disappointed that there was not a completely unflocked verison of Moss Man..and even a little upset that Grizzlor is going to be furry. But that's all changed now.

My boyfriend and I were driving to the movie theatre tonight, and I jokingly made the comment that it is sad he will be out of town when my She-Ra arrives on Friday. He used to love MOTU as a kid but thinks I'm silly for collecting MOTUC now. Oh well. Nobody's perfect.

So anyway, I asked him which figure his inner child most looks forward to. He said Panthor, and then went on to tell me that when he was growing up, he had a mean kitty that wouldn't let him pet her. So he would sit around and pet his Panthor and pretend it was his cat.

ToyGuru, this was the saddest, funniest thing I have ever heard, and I am here to beg you to please please PLEASE flock Panthor. I know you said it would be a good way to refresh him...but maybe you could offer both at the onset? The boy needs his kitty!

I also hope they do both versions. I didn't care if he was unflocked, until I got Moss Man. Then I realized Panthor wouldn't be the same without it (to me, anyway). The articulation might make flocking difficult, but I'm skeptical about an unflocked Panthor.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    No flocking on Panthor is like getting He-Man without his Power Sword. Kind of like in the DC vs. MOTUC two pack... It leaves you with an empty feeling inside.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I also hope that when Mattel release Panthor they release both a flocked and the promised, voted on unflocked verson at the same time. Really, I don't want to have to wait another year for the re-release to obtain flocked Panthor.

It's been bad enough waiting for the Battle Cat re-issue (yet to be announced) after missing out in February ...
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    No flocking on Panthor is like getting He-Man without his Power Sword.
    Yep. The only reason at all Panthor sticks out as a memorable toy for me when I was a kid was that short, purple flocking. There's no way I'd get a Panthor update that wasn't flocked.

Please, please, please flock Panthor and offer both flocked and unflocked at the same time like was done with Moss Man and his ears..
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Man, I hate to see someone deprived of his inner child happiness, but I really hope that Panthor ISN'T flocked. Or at the very least, offer it both ways, as some others have pointed out.

To me (and I realize that it's just my opinion) the flocking and action features that were so prevalent in the original line were great when I was a child. As an adult collector who isn't above posing his figures from time to time, action features and gimmicks such as flocking are more of a bother.

Of course, I'm probably the only one here who would have preferred an unflocked Moss Man as well.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Once-Man View Post
    Yep. The only reason at all Panthor sticks out as a memorable toy for me when I was a kid was that short, purple flocking. There's no way I'd get a Panthor update that wasn't flocked.
    Quoted for 100% agreement!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

i want a flocked Panthor too, but look at how many joints the cat has: way, way more than the beastman body. Now imagine all those blank empty unflocked spaces around all those joints... including some very large joints like the up-and-down neck articulation, and many others.

the same challenge of flocking MM but multiplied by like five.

Moss Man could get away with unflocked joints because of the way these joints are constructed to look as stealth as possible... i don't think this is the case with the Cat mold, but who knows... we'll see... didn't Toy Guru already confirm that Panthor would be offered flocked as well as unflocked?

See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

My Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2715534

=)

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    So, I must admit, I was one of those that was totally in favor of not flocking Panthor. So much so that I was even disappointed that there was not a completely unflocked verison of Moss Man..and even a little upset that Grizzlor is going to be furry. But that's all changed now.

My boyfriend and I were driving to the movie theatre tonight, and I jokingly made the comment that it is sad he will be out of town when my She-Ra arrives on Friday. He used to love MOTU as a kid but thinks I'm silly for collecting MOTUC now. Oh well. Nobody's perfect.

So anyway, I asked him which figure his inner child most looks forward to. He said Panthor, and then went on to tell me that when he was growing up, he had a mean kitty that wouldn't let him pet her. So he would sit around and pet his Panthor and pretend it was his cat.

ToyGuru, this was the saddest, funniest thing I have ever heard, and I am here to beg you to please please PLEASE flock Panthor. I know you said it would be a good way to refresh him...but maybe you could offer both at the onset? The boy needs his kitty!
    Best reasoning EVER. Let's do it!!
    Read my book: True Confessions of a Fanboy www.truefanboy.com

Heroic Warrior
    People Voted for UNFLOCKED only based on the fact that the had NO *!*!#*@ clue what flocking is / was..

They flocked moss-man because THAT WAS THE CLASSIC...

PANTHOR has been flocked from day one.. FLOCK HIM!!
    Http://www.rickstoyroom.com My Website - Newly redesigned
    http://flickr.com/photos/shdwknt My Toy Collection

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Flock this discussion and flock panthor!
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Definitely flock Panthor!
    Brian

Photos and video of my massive collection! Click here!

Most wanted: 200x Snake Men-carded Roboto, vintage Spinnerella and Netossa. Also: Hook 'Em Flogg's weapon and Missile Armor Flipshot's backpack.

I hope that Panthor will NOT be flocked.

Moss mann is almost unusable, everytime I touch it those minuscule green bits fall on the table...bleah

Flocking is a must. It's important to me that he not only looks like Panthor, he needs to feel like him too.

I'm not interested in a fur-less Panthor.

Please, flock Panthor.

Heroic Warrior

Flock him!!!!!!!!!!!

just as I said: FLOCK HIM!

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    I am only interested on the flocked version also. I hope the sales for the terrible version aren't so bad that they hold off on the flocked one. That would be sad. (and by terrible, I mean selling out in over 20 min, which could be seen as a bad omen apparently)

The only thing Panthor had going for him was that he was flocked. It was his gimmick much like Moss Man's, or Stinkor smelling. It wasn't an action feature, but it was the feature most remembered when thinking of Panthor.

The unflocked version would look like a shaved poodle. : (
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

Widget

Flocked Panthor

I am considering passing on this version of Panthor wishfully believing they will do a flocked version. Do you think that a flocked Panthor is a possibility or should I purchase this version? Im torn BC I dont want a Battle Cat without a Panthor.

Well, look at it this way. The next issue of Panthor is probably more than a year away. You have a 50/50 chance that it is flocked. If it isnt, then there is probably at least another year before a 3rd issue. So for approximately $.10 to $.12 per day for the next year, you would pay for a Panthor and enjoy the unflocked version for the next 1 to 2 years (or more if they ever flock him) or save your dime a day and go without. Seems pretty clear to me, I would be getting the Panthor unflocked.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    Well, look at it this way. The next issue of Panthor is probably more than a year away. You have a 50/50 chance that it is flocked. If it isnt, then there is probably at least another year before a 3rd issue. So for approximately $.10 to $.12 per day for the next year, you would pay for a Panthor and enjoy the unflocked version for the next 1 to 2 years (or more if they ever flock him) or save your dime a day and go without. Seems pretty clear to me, I would be getting the Panthor unflocked.
    I wish it was that easy. Chalk in price for all the rest of the figs.. it adds up. Im at the point where I have to really want it the right way to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by clawful13 View Post
    I wish it was that easy. Chalk in price for all the rest of the figs.. it adds up. Im at the point where I have to really want it the right way to buy it.
    I think you already answered your own question.

For me however, not flocked -is- the right way.

They'll do both. Too many people want flocked. Just hold out for the one you want.
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Listening to TG in the NYCC videos flocked Panthor has a slim chance of happening..

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    50/50 is being generous. there has been no evidence to suggest matty will release a flocked version.

also, it's very possible that prices will go up by 2013. add to that if they do plan on a flocked version it will most certainly be more expensive than this one since it would be an added cost.

on top of that, it would probably be the most wanted figure by that time...moreso than the unflocked version so you might have a problem getting him.

to sum up, cons of waiting for a flocked version:

1) they may never make a flocked version
    2) a flocked version would be more expensive due to flocking and likely price increase over the next 2 or 3 years
    3) extremely popular figures are hard to get (tho you could pay more on the 2ndary market or get a sub if it's still an all in sub...either option obviously costing even more)

I love the unflocked Panthor but I fully support them releasing him flocked to the gills. My wife says she loved the flocking on it as a kid.