Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Support for Flocked MOTUC Panthor!

Support for Flocked MOTUC Panthor!

So, I must admit, I was one of those that was totally in favor of not flocking Panthor. So much so that I was even disappointed that there was not a completely unflocked verison of Moss Man..and even a little upset that Grizzlor is going to be furry. But that's all changed now.

My boyfriend and I were driving to the movie theatre tonight, and I jokingly made the comment that it is sad he will be out of town when my She-Ra arrives on Friday. He used to love MOTU as a kid but thinks I'm silly for collecting MOTUC now. Oh well. Nobody's perfect.

So anyway, I asked him which figure his inner child most looks forward to. He said Panthor, and then went on to tell me that when he was growing up, he had a mean kitty that wouldn't let him pet her. So he would sit around and pet his Panthor and pretend it was his cat.

ToyGuru, this was the saddest, funniest thing I have ever heard, and I am here to beg you to please please PLEASE flock Panthor. I know you said it would be a good way to refresh him...but maybe you could offer both at the onset? The boy needs his kitty!

I also hope they do both versions. I didn't care if he was unflocked, until I got Moss Man. Then I realized Panthor wouldn't be the same without it (to me, anyway). The articulation might make flocking difficult, but I'm skeptical about an unflocked Panthor.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    No flocking on Panthor is like getting He-Man without his Power Sword. Kind of like in the DC vs. MOTUC two pack... It leaves you with an empty feeling inside.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I also hope that when Mattel release Panthor they release both a flocked and the promised, voted on unflocked verson at the same time. Really, I don't want to have to wait another year for the re-release to obtain flocked Panthor.

It's been bad enough waiting for the Battle Cat re-issue (yet to be announced) after missing out in February ...
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    No flocking on Panthor is like getting He-Man without his Power Sword.
    Yep. The only reason at all Panthor sticks out as a memorable toy for me when I was a kid was that short, purple flocking. There's no way I'd get a Panthor update that wasn't flocked.

Please, please, please flock Panthor and offer both flocked and unflocked at the same time like was done with Moss Man and his ears..
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Man, I hate to see someone deprived of his inner child happiness, but I really hope that Panthor ISN'T flocked. Or at the very least, offer it both ways, as some others have pointed out.

To me (and I realize that it's just my opinion) the flocking and action features that were so prevalent in the original line were great when I was a child. As an adult collector who isn't above posing his figures from time to time, action features and gimmicks such as flocking are more of a bother.

Of course, I'm probably the only one here who would have preferred an unflocked Moss Man as well.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Once-Man View Post
    Yep. The only reason at all Panthor sticks out as a memorable toy for me when I was a kid was that short, purple flocking. There's no way I'd get a Panthor update that wasn't flocked.
    Quoted for 100% agreement!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

i want a flocked Panthor too, but look at how many joints the cat has: way, way more than the beastman body. Now imagine all those blank empty unflocked spaces around all those joints... including some very large joints like the up-and-down neck articulation, and many others.

the same challenge of flocking MM but multiplied by like five.

Moss Man could get away with unflocked joints because of the way these joints are constructed to look as stealth as possible... i don't think this is the case with the Cat mold, but who knows... we'll see... didn't Toy Guru already confirm that Panthor would be offered flocked as well as unflocked?

See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

My Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2715534

=)

Flock Panthor! Just have him packaged with some 120 grit wet sand paper so those insane people that don't want panthor flocked can scrub it right off.

I also want a flocked Panthor. It just seems wrong without it.
    My Masters of the Universe Classics and Comic Book Reviews:

http://www.youtube.com/user/gaycomicgeek

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I'm going on record asking Toyguru not to flock Panthor. Flocking gets in the way of details and unlike Moss-man, it's not a defining quality. Panthor is going to sell whether it gets flocked or not.

Don't flock Panthor.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I am on the flocking side. I will miss the flock on the first version and would probably skip it if I was not already buying the 2011 all in sub.

Quote Originally Posted by seth-man View Post
    Flock Panthor! Just have him packaged with some 120 grit wet sand paper so those insane people that don't want panthor flocked can scrub it right off.
    Forget sand paper. All that's needed apparently is a glass of water. Magic Matty flock removal!

I know you meant this as a joke, but it's actually a great idea! Everyone gets what they want, except for fans of the flocked versions who live in humid climates.

Court Magician WaitsForTheSummer's Avatar
    Personally I can't stand that feel of flocked figures, I'm weird like that, so I'm hoping for both versions as well. As much as I want an unflocked version, I can totally understand people wanting a flocked version, because that's how he was originally released. Releasing both at the same time seems the best way to make everyone happy.
    Have:
    1. Man-At-Arms MOC
    2. Trap-Jaw rerelease MOC
    3. Tons of DCUC
    4. He-Ro's Red Stoned Staff

Want:
    1. Pre-Eternia He-man w/ Etherian map
    2. He-Ro's Purple and Green Staffs

Definitely would rather the flocked version to be sold the same time as the unflocked. Sadly, I dont think it will ever happen and if it does, they would probably still send the unflocked versions to subscribers.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    This thread made me think about it a little more.. and I'm on the fence about subscribing..

but if I decide not to get the sub, then I will not buy an unflocked Panthor. I'll wait for a flocked one. If the line goes bye-bye without a flocked Panthor.. then maybe I'll consider finding one on the secondary market so I can have all the character I want in MOTUC.

But I will go on the record and say that if I'm still individually purchasing next year (which I probably will be) I will not buy an unflocked Panthor.

I would prefer unflocked.

As a kid, I liked Panthors flocking, though it did wear down at the ears and a few other places over the years, that's not why. It's that flocking makes a single piece tiger more, but for a rather detailed, highly articulated beast, not so much. As mentioned there'd be big gaps at each joint and the flocking would take away from the sculpted details.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

I really do not understand how the people at SDCC last time could vote against flocking Panthor. In every thread ever seen on the .Org on this issue it seems to me that by far and away the vast majority of fans prefer Panthor to be flocked - as was done with the vintage and 200x Panthors.

It is amazing but still after all these years these figures still look awesome. 200x Panthor looks heaps better today than 200x Battle Cat IMO (but maybe that's cos I never clicked to the x-helmet). And there's no unsightly empty patches on 200x Panthor where leg and head articulation moved.
    Last edited by Swanmarsh; June 17, 2010 at 02:07am.

If this line is truly to update classics figures then Panthor should be flocked, I will be selling my non-flocked panthor on this site for cost next year, and I'll patiently wait for the flocked version.

Sorry, But flocking doesn't help! it's a dust catcher! Moss Man has some dust on him and you can't even wash it off due to the flocking being put on badly. Besides, we've seen images of what Moss Man looks like without the flocking and how awesome he looks if he was just painted properly! So ixnay on the flocking ay! Just cause it was done on the original doesn't mean it needs to be done on the Classics!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

NO flocking on Panthor for me. My moss-man is not playable, every time I manipulate that figure some flocking falls on the table and after that I have to remove it. It is a hassle for me and nothing more.

NO flocking

I don't understand how Mattel can use arguments such as 'yellow Evil Lyn comes first because that's the classic look' and then say that unflocked Panthor will arrive before a flocked one.

I prefers Panthor flocked of course! I hope in a future release!