Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Support for Flocked MOTUC Panthor!

I'm torn, I like flocking, but articulation and looks are more important to me.

I'm having to vote for no flocking.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by byinfernoslight View Post
    I don't understand how Mattel can use arguments such as 'yellow Evil Lyn comes first because that's the classic look' and then say that unflocked Panthor will arrive before a flocked one.
    I have had that same thought. Definitely seems inconsistent to me too!
    But yeah why not do both ways, both would still sell out in 2.5 seconds anyway and then everyone would be happy.

That's great that you've had your little "come to flocking" moment.

But I doubt they're gonna flock Panthor when they've been saying all along that his first release will not be flocked.
    They've also repeatedly said that they will release him at some point with flocking, be it his second release or a special release.

So let's put this to rest already?
    It'll most likely happen, just not in his first release. (Thankfully )

I was there at SDCC last year, and I voted NO flocking.

Panthor is Panthor period. Flocking doesn't make him more unique than Battle Cat, colors alone do the job just fine. Even flocked, he's still technically a "Purple Battlecat" if that's your only argument for flocking.

I'd love for them to do a new head for him, but I'm not holding my breath. But to me, that would differentiate him loads more than some mangy flocking. As also thought the 4H back in 2002. (Though admittedly, they did both, new head, new claws and flocking... AND new armor/saddle.)
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I recall that they have said they are going to try for both versions several times. As for me, I really don't want the flocked version. My original looks like he has the mange from being played with years ago. Even the 200x version has few spots on him, and he's just been displayed. Plus, I just don't see how they can make it look good when I look at the Battle Cat mold.

Panthor is just a purple Battlecat without the mask (unless matty release him with 200x armour, which I would prefer). Flocking makes him that little bit more unique. I dont care if the flocking covers the sculpt details, I can see the sculpt details on Battlecat already which will be exactly the same.
    Anyone who does not want him flocked can easily remove it if Mossman is anything to go by but for people who do want him flocked, if we get an unflocked Panthor it will be alot more difficult for us to flock him ourselves.

I want a flocked Panthor - a FULLY flocked one. Who cares if it rubs off. Having a small amount rub off is better than starting off with patches missing. I am only going to pose mine one way so he'll remain as fully flocked as possbile.

Moss Man is flock, Grizzlor is fur and Panthor is flock too.

IMO, Mattel is just being lazy.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    That evil kitty needs it's fur covering. Panthor flocked for me...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

To me, personally, it wouldn't be Panthor without the flocking.
    Awesome sticker included!

I can see the argument both ways and I sure would love a flocked Panthor, but honestly if will probably hold up better in the long run if it isn't flocked
    www.TheComixverse.com
    The Comixverse | comic reviews/previews/editorials & discussion.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

weighing in again, If they do 2 versions, do you think the flocked will be more expensive? Would they add something extra for the unflocked version? If they really wanted to screw with us I could see them adding some accessory to the unflocked version to get us to buy both. Maybe Vintage Panthor and then 200x version unflocked.

I want flocked too...makes more sense as it was how the original was. And since this line in the style of the vintage line as opposed to anything else he should be flocked. I loved Panthor as a kid too loved that he was a different texture to Battle Cat (I think i preffered him over Battle Cat!)
    MOST WANTED MOTUC FIGURES : MELAKTHA MADAME RAZZ FILMATION HORDAK PEEKABLUE MERMISTA QUEEN ANGELLA LIZARD MAN PERFUMA EVILSEED DREE ELLE VULTAK
    HUNGA SWEETBEE RED KNIGHT GENERAL SUNDAR GWILDOR SAUROD LOO-KEE FLUTTERINA SPINERELLA CATRA CAT FORM FILMATION SKELETOR

please DO NOT FLOCK Panthor......

that is all.....
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

How in the world is Mattel 'being lazy' for not flocking Panthor. Wasn't this voted on by the FANS? Unless Mattel secretly coerced fans into voting this way so that they wouldn't have to do the flocking, I don't see how this is at all indicative of Mattel's laziness.

For my part, I absolutely do not want a flocked Panthor. Looking at Battle Cat -- all that flocking would just ruin a great sculpt and awesome articulation. There's no good reason I've yet seen to want Panthor flocked. He doesn't -need- it. He'll look way better (smoother, more PANTHER-LIKE) without mangy flock all over him.

I get the whole 'the original toy had it.' But by that logic, people should be demanding that Panthor have virtually no articulation, and that their He-Man figures should have legs held on by a rubber band.

Moss Man, I get it. I'm still not a fan of flocking - but I can see how it was a good way to capture that character's distinct look without a 100% new sculpt. He 'needed' flocking to really work as a unique character.

Grizzlor's hair I get as well. Sculpting that would be a nightmare and would likely destroy the articulation.

But again, I see no convincing reason at all for why a select few seem to want Panthor flocked so badly. Maybe it's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    So, I must admit, I was one of those that was totally in favor of not flocking Panthor. So much so that I was even disappointed that there was not a completely unflocked verison of Moss Man..and even a little upset that Grizzlor is going to be furry. But that's all changed now.

My boyfriend and I were driving to the movie theatre tonight, and I jokingly made the comment that it is sad he will be out of town when my She-Ra arrives on Friday. He used to love MOTU as a kid but thinks I'm silly for collecting MOTUC now. Oh well. Nobody's perfect.

So anyway, I asked him which figure his inner child most looks forward to. He said Panthor, and then went on to tell me that when he was growing up, he had a mean kitty that wouldn't let him pet her. So he would sit around and pet his Panthor and pretend it was his cat.

ToyGuru, this was the saddest, funniest thing I have ever heard, and I am here to beg you to please please PLEASE flock Panthor. I know you said it would be a good way to refresh him...but maybe you could offer both at the onset? The boy needs his kitty!
    Best reasoning EVER. Let's do it!!
    Read my book: True Confessions of a Fanboy www.truefanboy.com

Heroic Warrior
    People Voted for UNFLOCKED only based on the fact that the had NO *!*!#*@ clue what flocking is / was..

They flocked moss-man because THAT WAS THE CLASSIC...

PANTHOR has been flocked from day one.. FLOCK HIM!!
    Http://www.rickstoyroom.com My Website - Newly redesigned
    http://flickr.com/photos/shdwknt My Toy Collection

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Flock this discussion and flock panthor!
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea of sorrow View Post
    NO flocking on Panthor for me. My moss-man is not playable, every time I manipulate that figure some flocking falls on the table and after that I have to remove it. It is a hassle for me and nothing more.

NO flocking
    You have a point there, but I still prefer a flocked Panthor!
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

who doesn't like a little fuzz on their kitty

I vote yes for flocking.
    yeaaaahh ..... but then that happened...

THESE TRADERS HAVE THE POWER !!! - Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    No flocking on Panthor is like getting He-Man without his Power Sword. Kind of like in the DC vs. MOTUC two pack... It leaves you with an empty feeling inside.
    And like BA He-Man as well. Trap Jaw almost came with the hole house considering how many accessories he had and they can't package a re-usable accessory with a He-Man that classically came with one? Poor decisions made by Mattel on both topics.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Please, please, please flock Panthor and offer both flocked and unflocked at the same time like was done with Moss Man and his ears..
    I like this idea. Make the flocked Panthor the Club Eternia subscription beast. No offense, but the less-rons who voted to unflock Panthor at SDCC should be made to fight it out for their bare kitty (heh, heh, heh!) on the 15th with everybody else.

I would prefer Panthor unflocked, both he and Battle Cat are well, cats, and have hair, so why should one be fuzzy and not the other. To me they should be similar.
    TB-1089
    Inland Empire Squad Leader
    Southern California Garrison
    501st Legion

If these are to be classic figures as Mattel and Toyguru have said in the past then Panthor needs to be flocked!!! I won't except him any other way!!!!

Don't worry we're laughing at you not with you!!!

This should not even be a discussion. Panthor should and will be flocked. Un-flocked would be down-right silly...
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

-Chancellor Palpatine

Does no one realize that 'Original Panthor was flocked so he -has- to be flocked' is like.. the absolutely most idiotic reasoning ever?

Like I said before, that same logic should have you guys demanding that He-Man have his legs attached with a rubber band through his He-Crotch.

You know, I don't see a lot of people complaining that 'Sword of He' figures come with a FULL sword -AND- a HALF-sword. The Originals only came with half-swords, so maybe we shouldn't get the full ones at all? Also, our figures should have no articulation. The Originals barely had any, after all. And our new figures are too big. Old figures were shorter - these new ones should be too.

Aw hell, Mattel why don't you just go back to re-releasing the original toys since that's what everyone seems to want so much.

Gah. It's stupid. Panthor is not defined by his 'flocking.' He's defined by his CHARACTER, and the flocking is not integral to that character. What does define him within the toyline is that he's a giant, purple panther. As long as he's a GIANT. PURPLE. PANTHER. I think we'll be just fine with him looking exactly how he should look.

Honestly, I don't have anything against people that want a flocked Panthor. You'll get it eventually and that's great. But the ridiculous 'rationale' some people use drives me nuts.

Central Coast. Down Under. Southside Hell!
    I would have voted for him to be flocked if i was in that room at vote time at SDCC.
    He's my Favourite MOTU figure & it makes more sense if he was flocked like previuos Panthor's!
    Skelehorde's Org Feedback

Skelehorde wants - Black Belt Leech - Beastman Green Whip - Nightstalker rotoplast

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDamien View Post
    Does no one realize that 'Original Panthor was flocked so he -has- to be flocked' is like.. the absolutely most idiotic reasoning ever?

Like I said before, that same logic should have you guys demanding that He-Man have his legs attached with a rubber band through his He-Crotch.
    I made that demand and no one listened.... I stood alone in the wilderness...
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!