Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Support for Flocked MOTUC Panthor!

Definitely flock Panthor!
    Brian

Photos and video of my massive collection! Click here!

Most wanted: 200x Snake Men-carded Roboto, vintage Spinnerella and Netossa. Also: Hook 'Em Flogg's weapon and Missile Armor Flipshot's backpack.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Panthor should be Flocked!

I will consider NOT buying Panthor should it come out un-flocked!

As I recall, Toy Guru held a poll of persons at the SDCC last year where a supposed majority of people voted for an un-flocked Panthor. As a "reward" for coming to the Con, TG decided that they had the power to choose for everyone else what kind of Panthor we would all recieve.

That SUCKS!

I'm willing to bet that if every fan were polled, a flocked Panthor would win out! Secondly, an unflocked Panthor is not in keeping with the stated intention of Mattel to be true to the original line in creating the classic.
    Thirdly, how can Mattel make such an important business decision based upon the opinion of SOME, not all of the fans who went to SDCC? And why does my opinion apparently mean less just because I didn't have the opportunity to go? I felt that attendance was made to sound like it was as easy as going down to your local church and attending services but some of us had to work. It really irritated me that while I was busy working so I'd have money to buy these figures, my opinion was given less weight because others, and God love 'em, got to go and most of us didn't. Not flocking Panthor is a bad business decision and takes away from the classic feel of the figure. If it can't be done then that's that. But I don't think its out of their wheel house! Furthermore, polling a room full of random fans isn't a perfect way to gather statistics about what sells and what doesn't sell. A much larger pool needs to be taken especially when we're dealing with tens of thousands of fans. I think it was unfortunate this business decision was turned into a reward for perfect attendance of a select and fortunate few over and atop of what I believe would be a majority for flocking. Get the message TG...I'm not interested in an unflocked Panthor or in polls like the ones conducted last year. You're either going to stick to your own rules of creating a classics line in tune with the original or your not.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

I'm actually quite curious to see how an unflocked Panthor would turn out. After seeing how awesome Battle Cat turned out, over time i've slowly become ok with the idea of an unflocked Panthor but it'll never take the place of a flocked version for my liking and highly anticipate when that' released. I can live with a variant Panthor... besides, two Panthor's are better than one

I hope that Panthor will NOT be flocked.

Moss mann is almost unusable, everytime I touch it those minuscule green bits fall on the table...bleah

Flocking is a must. It's important to me that he not only looks like Panthor, he needs to feel like him too.

I'm not interested in a fur-less Panthor.

Please, flock Panthor.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    I'll only buy a flocked Panthor.

I don't know. My preference would be a flocked Panthor, because Panthor has always been flocked. However, after how problematic the flocking on Moss Man was, flocking the Battle Cat buck for Panthor just does not seem like a great idea. Regardless, I will get a Panthor - flocked, or unflocked.

Flocking flock him!
    END OF LINE

Heroic Warrior

Flock him!!!!!!!!!!!

just as I said: FLOCK HIM!

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    I am only interested on the flocked version also. I hope the sales for the terrible version aren't so bad that they hold off on the flocked one. That would be sad. (and by terrible, I mean selling out in over 20 min, which could be seen as a bad omen apparently)

The only thing Panthor had going for him was that he was flocked. It was his gimmick much like Moss Man's, or Stinkor smelling. It wasn't an action feature, but it was the feature most remembered when thinking of Panthor.

The unflocked version would look like a shaved poodle. : (
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

Widget

Flocked Panthor

I am considering passing on this version of Panthor wishfully believing they will do a flocked version. Do you think that a flocked Panthor is a possibility or should I purchase this version? Im torn BC I dont want a Battle Cat without a Panthor.

Well, look at it this way. The next issue of Panthor is probably more than a year away. You have a 50/50 chance that it is flocked. If it isnt, then there is probably at least another year before a 3rd issue. So for approximately $.10 to $.12 per day for the next year, you would pay for a Panthor and enjoy the unflocked version for the next 1 to 2 years (or more if they ever flock him) or save your dime a day and go without. Seems pretty clear to me, I would be getting the Panthor unflocked.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    Well, look at it this way. The next issue of Panthor is probably more than a year away. You have a 50/50 chance that it is flocked. If it isnt, then there is probably at least another year before a 3rd issue. So for approximately $.10 to $.12 per day for the next year, you would pay for a Panthor and enjoy the unflocked version for the next 1 to 2 years (or more if they ever flock him) or save your dime a day and go without. Seems pretty clear to me, I would be getting the Panthor unflocked.
    I wish it was that easy. Chalk in price for all the rest of the figs.. it adds up. Im at the point where I have to really want it the right way to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by clawful13 View Post
    I wish it was that easy. Chalk in price for all the rest of the figs.. it adds up. Im at the point where I have to really want it the right way to buy it.
    I think you already answered your own question.

For me however, not flocked -is- the right way.

They'll do both. Too many people want flocked. Just hold out for the one you want.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Listening to TG in the NYCC videos flocked Panthor has a slim chance of happening..

Heroic Warrior
    Clawful13,

It seems like flocked Panthor is just a remote possibility (and not certainty), at the moment. There is no promise or guarantee from Toyguru/Matty/Mattel that a flocked Panthor will ever be produced.

Plus, if Panthor's flocking is the same level of "quality" than Moss Man's, I'm not sure this is worth all the wait.

If I were you, I'd pick the unflocked Panthor, because that might be the only version ever released in MOTUC.

Now, the choice is yours...

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Plus, if Panthor's flocking is the same level of "quality" than Moss Man's, I'm not sure this is worth all the wait.
    What was wrong with Moss Man's flocking? The actual color could of been a bit better and more similar to the prototype, but other then that it looks GREAT.

Everyones got their own personal taste and opinions, but the UN-Flocked Moss Man that is shown on the backs of some of the cards looks HIDEOUS IMO and I thank GOD that it didn't turn out that way.

I will say though that the UN-Flocked Panthor doesn't look all that bad, although it kinda looks naked at the same time so I'm torn. I do agree though with whats been said that the flock would hinder the great sculpt on Panthor's face.

IF they did it right I would buy a flocked Panthor

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    What was wrong with Moss Man's flocking? The actual color could of been a bit better and more similar to the prototype, but other then that it looks GREAT.

Everyones got their own personal taste and opinions, but the UN-Flocked Moss Man that is shown on the backs of some of the cards looks HIDEOUS IMO and I thank GOD that it didn't turn out that way.

I will say though that the UN-Flocked Panthor doesn't look all that bad, although it kinda looks naked at the same time so I'm torn. I do agree though with whats been said that the flock would hinder the great sculpt on Panthor's face.
    People assume the flocking on Mossman, which was thick and bushy, would be the same type of flocking used on Panthor.

Maybe I am one of a few folks here that actually like Panthor being unflocked! I really think the detail on him is awesome, and I tend to think that flocking would take away from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    It seems like flocked Panthor is just a remote possibility (and not certainty), at the moment. There is no promise or guarantee from Toyguru/Matty/Mattel that a flocked Panthor will ever be produced.
    In my opinion it would not be very wise of Toyguru to confirm and announce that flocked Panthor is comming right now even in case they plan to do him - it is now right before the unflocked Panthor goes on sale in April and they need to sell as many as possible. In case they announced flocked Panthor now some fans might decide to skip unflocked Panthor in April and wait for the flocked version. Of course this is part of their marketing strategy.

We might see Mattel being more open to the idea of flocked Panthor after the April sell-out which will confirm fan demand for Panthor.

Heroic Warrior
    If we believe everything TG is telling us- flocked Panthor will take a quarterly bigger beast slot, because the flocking is an alteration and they have limited resources.

So subscription buyers will have to buy 2 Panthors.

On the other hand they announced a new She-Ra outside the subscription...

They are so contradictionary...

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clawful13 View Post
    I am considering passing on this version of Panthor wishfully believing they will do a flocked version. Do you think that a flocked Panthor is a possibility or should I purchase this version? Im torn BC I dont want a Battle Cat without a Panthor.
    I feel the same way man. I NEED a Panthor because I have a Battle Cat. Same reason I NEED a Megator because I have a Tytus.

Mustve been all that "Collect them all" brainwashing Mattel did on me at a very young age.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

4H say no (said like: computer says no)