Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Support for Flocked MOTUC Panthor!

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    Well, look at it this way. The next issue of Panthor is probably more than a year away. You have a 50/50 chance that it is flocked. If it isnt, then there is probably at least another year before a 3rd issue. So for approximately $.10 to $.12 per day for the next year, you would pay for a Panthor and enjoy the unflocked version for the next 1 to 2 years (or more if they ever flock him) or save your dime a day and go without. Seems pretty clear to me, I would be getting the Panthor unflocked.
    50/50 is being generous. there has been no evidence to suggest matty will release a flocked version.

also, it's very possible that prices will go up by 2013. add to that if they do plan on a flocked version it will most certainly be more expensive than this one since it would be an added cost.

on top of that, it would probably be the most wanted figure by that time...moreso than the unflocked version so you might have a problem getting him.

to sum up, cons of waiting for a flocked version:

1) they may never make a flocked version
    2) a flocked version would be more expensive due to flocking and likely price increase over the next 2 or 3 years
    3) extremely popular figures are hard to get (tho you could pay more on the 2ndary market or get a sub if it's still an all in sub...either option obviously costing even more)

Chronically Groovy Mighty Puundragon's Avatar
    I am sure that you could get some spray glue and some purple flocking material at a hobby store and try to flock it yourself. I am pretty sure that is what 4H is telling everyone who wants one, go flock yourself.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattlor View Post
    Maybe I am one of a few folks here that actually like Panthor being unflocked! I really think the detail on him is awesome, and I tend to think that flocking would take away from that.
    I'm with you on that. I think the amount of articulation on the figure would make Panthor look odd. Perhaps not to the extent of some poor poodle, but still strange.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I'm with the unflocked. I don't know how you guys keep your figures, but my flocked toys easily get dirty and dusty. I also agree with the 4H. Flocking does take away the great detail they put into their figures.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    I'm with the unflocked. I don't know how you guys keep your figures, but my flocked toys easily get dirty and dusty. I also agree with the 4H. Flocking does take away the great detail they put into their figures.
    Yeah, I think we're probably a bit more careful now we've grown up (?), but original Panthor turned bald pretty quickly!
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    Yeah, I think we're probably a bit more careful now we've grown up (?), but original Panthor turned bald pretty quickly!
    speak for yourself. i've already gone through 3 Skeletors.

Flocking Panthor.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Plus, if Panthor's flocking is the same level of "quality" than Moss Man's, I'm not sure this is worth all the wait.
    This is a point folks seem to be passing over in their quest for a flocked Panthor: we have no idea how it will look if it's done like Moss Man. There would have to be sizable patches of bare plastic around the joints; for a guy covered with moss, it's a fairly natural look. For a fur covered cat, it's called mange.

I've said it many times before: those who are insisting on a flocked Panthor need to wait and see what the finished product would look like before they get their hearts set on it. What I'm picturing in my mind,given what we've seen thus far, would likely bring Skeletor up on animal abuse charges...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I think it'll be a while before we see a flocked version if we ever do. I'd get the unflocked and then if they do make a flocked version, sell the unflocked one to help pay for the new one.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Plus, if Panthor's flocking is the same level of "quality" than Moss Man's, I'm not sure this is worth all the wait.
    I think if a flocked Panthor was made, the flocking would be closer to what is used on the second release King Grayskull's cape and not the Moss Man flock.

I would love Panthor be flocked, but while Mattel does this, why not flocke Battle Cat as well?

I'll definitely be getting unflocked Panthor. However, I really hope he gets a flocked release at some point, cause that's the one I really want.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Panthor needs to be flocked. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaping View Post
    I would love Panthor be flocked, but while Mattel does this, why not flocke Battle Cat as well?
    That would be cool if they ever do a Battle Lion.

Sign me up for 2 flocked Panthors! The sculpting looks great, so I will be getting the unflocked one and you never know if/when they will do a flocked one. If one is done, then I will definitely be getting another.

Heroic Warrior
    Because I got my Panthor unflocked, which I like most, I support another flocked version for the fans, who want him be flocked.

I can understand, that many fans want him that way.

I love the unflocked Panthor but I fully support them releasing him flocked to the gills. My wife says she loved the flocking on it as a kid.

I whole heartdly support a flocked panthor. The MOTUC line has done such a great job of bringing back my childhood memories and the flocking on panthor is one of them.

Widget
    Im not buying Panthor unless there is a flocked version. Thats how the original version was. i wont settle for less!!!

PEOPLE FOR A FLOCKED PANTHOR

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i'm glad that panthor is not going to be flocked. you hear me glad!

I'm also holding out for a flocked Panthor. He's not the proper 'classicized' figure without it. And I think Moss Man turned out awesome!

Bring him on!
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Heroic Warrior
    Normally, I'd say I hope everyone, everywhere gets everything they ever want....

But honestly, If the choice came down to spending an SKU slot and development money on Something new like a Talon Fighter or Wind Raider.... or Flocking a cat that we ALREADY have with better details ...

I'll be honest and hope they never make a flocked version. We've GOT Panthor... he looks AWESOME... And I just can't seem to dredge up any support at all for an inferior varient based solely on nostalgia. From all the videos I've seen on Moss Man... Mattel has forgotten how to flock. It was a failure and not worth the money or effort to varient it....

Let's get some NEW products out instead of varients of what we already have...

Flocked Panthor

I asked about the possibility of getting a flocked Panthor and Scott gave the standard "Anythng is possible, but no plans" answer.
    Historically, has this meant "Don't hold your breath, kid?"

IMHO... We won't be seeing a flocked Panthor.
    They haven't even sold out of regular Panthor yet!
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Flocking Panthor would destroy a lot of the details that are sculpted in, Mattel would not do it right, not for Panthor, and as an owner of a Vintage Panthor & the Classics version....I prefer the non Flocked Classics version. More detail and cleaner lines, I would have preferred that King Grayskull's cape not had been flocked, plus it comes off when you touch it too much.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; October 14, 2012 at 11:13pm.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!