Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Support for Flocked MOTUC Panthor!

Mattel, please give us a Skeletor gift set with flocked Panthor included!

Last edited by AdultCollector; October 14, 2012 at 10:29pm.

Well done, whoever merged threads!

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Mattel, please give us a Skeletor gift set with flocked Panthor included!
    http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/y...er-panthor.jpg
    LOVE that Faker on top of Panthor... pure awesomeness!
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon

Would love a flocked panthor and will pay fer another.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

My skeletor is still waiting for his flocked panthor. Iīve been tempted to buy one at matty, but if itīs not flocked itīs not panthor.
    If there is still hope I would like a flocked panthor please, TG.
    @adult collector thatīs nice!!

Same here!
    We need a Panthor. We haven't got one yet! Why does He-Man have his companion but Skeletor doesn't? We got some purple shiny plastic panther but not Panthor!
    Awesome sticker included!

That is the best thing I've ever read, Grayskull's Heir!

Y'know, I love the NON-Flocked Panthor, but some of those flocked Panthors look really sweet... So a Flocked Panthor would be cool... (but with that short flock, not that long flock that Mossman has!)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I'm actually happy with the one we got....that being said....a flocked one would kind of look cool....depending if Mattel did it right....you know it's like they forgot how to use different materials to make toys in 30 years....I don't like how the flocking came out on KG's cape top....I'd much prefer it to have been unflocked.

I prefer what we have, if Mattel did it, they'd likely screw it up....you'd be better off paying a customizer that works with flocking to do yours, rather than Mattel do it.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I'm actually happy with the one we got....that being said....a flocked one would kind of look cool....depending if Mattel did it right....you know it's like they forgot how to use different materials to make toys in 30 years....I don't like how the flocking came out on KG's cape top....I'd much prefer it to have been unflocked.
    And there's the rub (and I'm not talking about the flocking rubbing off if it gets wet; Panthor is not a bath toy!). The flocking I've seen customizers do looks good, but that's not what Mattel will do. The flocking will not cover the figure as well, just like we see in Moss Man.

Flocked Panthor by skilled customizers- awesome! Flocked Panthor by Mattel- Panthor with a bad case of mange.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    And there's the rub (and I'm not talking about the flocking rubbing off if it gets wet; Panthor is not a bath toy!). The flocking I've seen customizers do looks good, but that's not what Mattel will do. The flocking will not cover the figure as well, just like we see in Moss Man.

Flocked Panthor by skilled customizers- awesome! Flocked Panthor by Mattel- Panthor with a bad case of mange.
    Exactly....

And hoping for a flocked Panthor however I don't believe won't be considered a variant, and WILL take another figures slot....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

AdultCollector -

Did you buy that from donjer.com? I think they are pretty much the only flocking company around and I recognize the bottle b/c they are a website client of mine (they are just a few miles away).

The owner Jill would be more than happy to assist anyone on how to flock their Panthors over the phone... it's actually quite easy and she is very nice. She mentions she gets calls from flocking newbies all the time on all sorts of things so I suppose this would be no different. I haven't really told her I collect MOTUC, lol, but I might have to flock my Panthor now after seeing your pics!

If there is enough interest maybe I can have her use mine and make a quick youtube video for the site.

That's the site!
    The only thing I'd do differently next time is instead of using their bottle to squeeze out flocking material onto the figure, I'd do what I did with my Moss Man custom and put the material in a bowl, hang the figure over the bowl, and with your other hand grab large pinches of material and dump it over the area of the figure' you've painted glue onto with a brush. This covers the figure much better and it's a lot faster.

Quote Originally Posted by mapelgleaf View Post
    AdultCollector -

Did you buy that from donjer.com? I think they are pretty much the only flocking company around and I recognize the bottle b/c they are a website client of mine (they are just a few miles away).

The owner Jill would be more than happy to assist anyone on how to flock their Panthors over the phone... it's actually quite easy and she is very nice. She mentions she gets calls from flocking newbies all the time on all sorts of things so I suppose this would be no different. I haven't really told her I collect MOTUC, lol, but I might have to flock my Panthor now after seeing your pics!

If there is enough interest maybe I can have her use mine and make a quick youtube video for the site.

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Thos flocked pictures are AMAZING!!! I never used to care, but after seeing those pics, I WANT my Panthor FLOCKED!!!!

Snappy Threader
    Flocked Panthor looks amazing. I admit, I have never been much of a fan of flocking, but these pics look real good....

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    and therein lies the issue. yes it looks good to begin with but after awhile it falls off becomes patchy and collects dust like we collect motu! im not averse to a flocked panthor coming out but im glad they made the unflocked version as that is my preferred version, now if i could only get a deflocked moss-man and a sculpted grizzlor....
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

Evil Master of Ducks Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    I prefer the unflocked Panthor. I just got the MOTUC Panthor with my September day-of-sale items (arrived a couple days ago) and I must say I think the flocking would take away from the details a bit too much for my liking.
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Happily invading Castle Grayskull with hippos is my true hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by maltesefalcon View Post
    and therein lies the issue. yes it looks good to begin with but after awhile it falls off becomes patchy and collects dust like we collect motu! im not averse to a flocked panthor coming out but im glad they made the unflocked version as that is my preferred version, now if i could only get a deflocked moss-man and a sculpted grizzlor....
    I am actually sitting next to my client right now - the owner of donjer.com. She is getting a kick out of seeing this thread.

Anyways she says that it will not come off like this and is MUCH more durable if you spray the fibers onto Panthor with a bottle (ketchup bottle or they have one too on the site for $1.25-- sorry for the "sell") .

You are almost "Poofing" it on (yes that their term) - the velocity behind the fibers blows them into the adhesive and makes it MUCH more durable than sprinkling it on.

So by now do you think it's fair to say that we will NEVER get a flocked panthor? Or is there still hope?
    I know that this flocking issue will come up again if they decided to do Clawdeen.
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Love the flocking pix! And I'd love it if they made a flocked Panthor...and Clawdeen!

Now I really want to try this...