Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Jungle He-Man (spoiler for Gygor Bio)

The Jungle He-Man (spoiler for Gygor Bio)

Oo-Larr, the Jungle He-Man, i'm guessing there's a new He-Man every 50 years, unless the Godess just trains warriors every century or so to see if they're the chosen one and Adam is the only chosen one along with Adora for She-Ra that the castle picked.

but watch Oo-Larr be the subscription exclusive for 2011
    Last edited by StaticX999; June 18, 2010 at 01:42pm.

Quote Originally Posted by StaticX999 View Post
    Oo-Marr, the Jungle He-Man, i'm guessing there's a new He-Man every 50 years, unless the Godess just trains warriors every century or so to see if they're the chosen one and Adam is the only chosen one along with Adora for She-Ra that the castle picked.

but watch Oo-Marr be the subscription exclusive
    I'm pretty confident Oo-Larr will be the 2011 sub exclusive... and I'm okay with that In fact, if every year the exclusive were just a He-Man from the past or future, that would be rad (and cheap for Mattel to do). Can't wait!
    What would be a cool mash-up, would be if Oo-Larr was presented as an action figure just the way He-Man first appeared in the first mini-comic, but if he came with the weapons that the 2002 Jungle Attack He-Man came with (the cool machete/sword weapon and the crossbow). Perfect!

Oo-Larr is around before Adam and Adora were born, it's during the time when Keldor got banished.

i'd be happy with it too, but i doubt that's how it's gonna be.
    Last edited by StaticX999; June 18, 2010 at 01:42pm.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StaticX999 View Post
    Oo-Marr is around before Adam and Adora were born, it's during the time when Keldor got banished.

i'd be happy with it too, but i doubt that's how it's gonna be.
    Why do you keep calling him Oo-Marr?

Is he the evil drug dealer that Suar-Ezz has hanged from a helicopter in the Skarrr-Fayse movie?

The bio says "Oo-Larr".
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

are there any pics of this character floating around?
    HELP Daniel (masque) Benedict with his He-Man Fan Film "Fall of Grayskull" Kickstarter campaign!
    WATCH the youtube video.
    DONATE to his Kickstarter project!!
    VISIT He-ManFilm.com to find out more.

Part Needs
    : MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Why do you keep calling him Oo-Marr?

Is he the evil drug dealer that Suar-Ezz has hanged from a helicopter in the Skarrr-Fayse movie?

The bio says "Oo-Larr".
    woops my bad, misspelled changed

i was thinking of the new Lo-Marr coming out cause the names were similar, i guess TG and mattel are gonna bring out a Mo-Larr soon also

It will make for a pretty boring figure and an even worse sub incentive. It will basically be a naked he man figure with new forearms and bare feet. I can understand needing to get the figure out eventually because a lot of people want it and it's part of the mythos, but to use that as a figure to inspire people to commiting to a year of product. Not a very good idea.

I'd much rather see a transluecent green slime pit heman as the bonus.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I'm not thrilled on the name. Wun-dar I understood, even though it's not the greatest name ever. Oo-Larr? Ugh, that name is terrible.

I really do hope they go for a different character for next year's sub than this. Otherwise, they are just setting the precendent to be the sub figure of being a He-Man variant every year.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    are there any pics of this character floating around?
    I put one up on page two of the Gygor thread.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Holy Jeeeeezzzz..... I will be filled with the power of a severely ****** off Grayskull if Oo-Larr is the 2011 sub fig. First sub fig wonderbread he- man, who was referred to as " barbaric"..... But in the 2nd sub year.... another He-man variant..... Another BARBARIC He-man variant!?!?!?!?
    Come on!!!! Make the damn figure.... I have NO prob with mini comic canon... In Fact I LOVE the mini comics.... But don't bone your sub buyers with this. Make the exclusive something EVERY fan "just has to have"... Make people want to get the sub and keep paying matty.
    Don't mean to rant.... Just my 2 cents.
    "I do not feel entirely like myself. Maybe is because my soul is gone, and maybe it is because I am dead. I don't know." -DL

I want a jungle She-Ra or jungle Teela. Either of them clothed in leopard-skin bikinis, swimsuits or less!

BTW jungle She-Ra or jungle Teela should be called Ooo-Lar Lar
    Last edited by Teela-Na; June 18, 2010 at 02:09pm.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Elder Councilman
    I say make Oo-Larr a bonus figure, but not the sub incentive;

Wun-Dar was a different story entirely because there's more to him than just "one of the guys who kept the legend of He-Man alive"; he's also had that level of mystique to him due to the whole controversy over the initial figure's existence.

Oo-Larr doesn't have that, and if it is in fact the Jungle/Barbarian He-Man I'm gonna be massively disappointed as--hate me for it if you will--I really was no fan of the original mini-comics.

If Alcala wants to despise me for it, then fine, but I didn't really like the original art work, and the stories really bored me.

I have no issue with him being a bonus figure, but as a sub exclusive it'd be a massive disappointment.

Let it be Queen Marlena, or Lodar.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

The subs are for the hardcore fans who'd collect any figure no matter who it was. I don't think they should put a figure that everyone wants into the sub, as fans would think Mattel is trying to bully them into purchasing a sub for Queen Marlena. I think it would work better with an obscure character that only die hard fans care about--since die hard fans are the target audience.

These are the fans who would want "Wonder Bread" He-Man, when everyone else would have turned up their noses. "Barbarian/Jungle He-Man" has that same effect. Only the hardcore fans will want him.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The subs are for the hardcore fans who'd collect any figure no matter who it was. I don't think they should put a figure that everyone wants into the sub, as fans would think Mattel is trying to bully them into purchasing a sub for Queen Marlena. I think it would work better with an obscure character that only die hard fans care about--since die hard fans are the target audience.

These are the fans who would want "Wonder Bread" He-Man, when everyone else would have turned up their noses. "Barbarian/Jungle He-Man" has that same effect. Only the hardcore fans will want him.
    THAT a million times. If Mattel puts a character that EVERYONE likes as sub exclusive (like Marlena), then they're punishing the newcomers or those who can't get the sub (for whatever reason.) The "jungle" He-Man is a perfect candidate for being a sub exclusive. While it'll suck for those who want him and do not want the sub, it's better than tossing him as a bonus figure and he ends up faring worse than Zodak and the Green Goddess.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I have a friend who loves the MOTUC and is a huge fan of all the eras of figures, but he cannot afford to collect the line.

He was really excited about She-Ra, but had to skip out and miss her last minute when he realized he didn't have $28 to spare to get her.

If they made Queen Marlena (or another sought after character) as the club exclusive, fans like my friend could never have an opportunity to own one.

I'm thankful I can afford these toys. I would LOVE for Marlena to be the exclusive, but I see why it's not an ideal choice for the fans to do that. An Oo-Larr (or another little known character) is more ideal as a choice for the exclusive.

Ditto on MGM's statement there (again).
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I just hope we can do better than another reuse of the He-Man head.

Hoping it's this guy...

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    I just hope we can do better than another reuse of the He-Man head.
    Me too. I'd like an Alcala head.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Me too. I'd like an Alcala head.
    Perhaps they are going to reuse King Grayskull's head for this one

After having some time to cool down about the topic.....
    I dont mind the figure at all.....I love the idea of ANY Alcala inspired figures.
    I just dont want the sub incentives to be ALL He-Man variants.....
    I kind of like the idea that there has always been a protector of Eternia....a "He" Man.....maybe if they work the line right and had a different "He" Man every year....a different hero representing different eras in Eternian history....it might make for an interesting concept.....
    but I dont know that enough characters exist in the lore without having to make up a bunch of new......stuff (self edited to make Val's job easier).

Quote Originally Posted by Calderon View Post
    Perhaps they are going to reuse King Grayskull's head for this one
    OMG...I DO NOT LIKE that idea.
    Last edited by the chaos; June 18, 2010 at 04:48pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "I do not feel entirely like myself. Maybe is because my soul is gone, and maybe it is because I am dead. I don't know." -DL

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    But how will anyone justify the tooling dollars for the new forearms, sural, feet and ideally new pants , speer and head? On which other figure could they use those parts?
    You all know how much extra tooling dollars flowed in the last subscription figure.

I'll be fine with it as long as it gets the new forearms and lower legs/feet plus at least one new weapon. The cheap out on the parts reuse, this figure will be lacking.

Oh, and is there anything that I'm missing with the name? Any kind of gimmick or inside joke that I'm missing?
    Last edited by urbanmyth; June 18, 2010 at 05:06pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Bang your head!!!
    Harold & Oo-Larr Go to White Castle Grayskull...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    Another He-Man repaint is definitely NOT a phatty veggie heady GRANAMYR level of "incentive..."

Boooooooo-lar
    Thanks Mangs.
    -Buzz out
    www.hyveofvillainy.com - Evil Action Figures

My ORG FEEDBACK is here.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post
    I want a jungle She-Ra or jungle Teela. Either of them clothed in leopard-skin bikinis, swimsuits or less!

BTW jungle She-Ra or jungle Teela should be called Ooo-Lar Lar
    I'll take 2 of each please