Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Jungle He-Man (spoiler for Gygor Bio)

i wish they had named him thun-dar instead....

oo-lar is not a great name.....too simliar to mo-larr

guess this will be the sub figure...sigh...i was hoping for something like marlena or something more than a simple he-man refresh.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I'd LOVE for Oo-Larr to be the He-Man from the original mini comic and for him to be the subscription figure! That would be really cool! Hopefully if that's the case they won't cheap out on him…he would require: new hair sculpt, bare feet sculpt and new loin cloth minus the standard belt. He'd also need his spear. If they give him all that he will be one awesome figure!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I'd LOVE for Oo-Larr to be the He-Man from the original mini comic and for him to be the subscription figure! That would be really cool! Hopefully if that's the case they won't cheap out on him…he would require: new hair sculpt, bare feet sculpt and new loin cloth minus the standard belt. He'd also need his spear. If they give him all that he will be one awesome figure!
    Why is Mo-larr so similar than "Oo-Larr" ????

What if Mattel made a mistake when they registered the trademark for "Mo-Larr" ? and as they already registered "Oo-Larr", they used it .... for the jungle he-man ?!
    Last edited by Arvulis; June 18, 2010 at 05:56pm.

Actually, since He-man's hair is a separate piece of plastic, I'm all for this if they give him longer hair to match the mini-comics.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    But how will anyone justify the tooling dollars for the new forearms, sural, feet and ideally new pants , speer and head? On which other figure could they use those parts?
    You all know how much extra tooling dollars flowed in the last subscription figure.
    Like the bread?

The bare arms and legs can go toward Modulok. The bare feet and loincloth could be used again...just not on a known figure.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Wasn't the bread a Barbie accessory and not actually a 'newly tooled' piece? I could be mistaken there.

Either way, I agree with MegaGear, there's plenty of uses for bare arms/feet parts. And I'd bet Mattel already has a list of what those figures might be.

And I have a feeling that if we get a 'jungle He-Man spear' - it would be a repaint of the Whiplash spear. Re-use, re-use, re-use. It seems likely.

Oo-larr is probably supposed to be some kind of 'tribal'-sounding name. I don't imagine that a virtually pre-historic, jungle-dwelling race of Men on a foreign planet are going to have names like Russel, Kyle, and Tucker.

Heck, "Oo-Larr" might be intended to mimic the cry of some sort of fierce jungle beast!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Me too. I'd like an Alcala head.
    OK, what is an Alcala head. I am confused. I thought Alcala was the guy who played Skeletor in the movie! I am assuming this is not correct. Does someone have a picture of the He-Man Alcala head?

Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    Harold & Oo-Larr Go to White Castle Grayskull...
    Meh, I'd rather see the sequel: Hec-Tor and Oo-Larr Go to White Castle Grayskull
    Check out me and my friend's blog: Geek Culture

Heroic Warrior
    I hope they reveal him as San Diego. Any you guys take your cameras, I wont' be there this year.

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    OK, what is an Alcala head. I am confused. I thought Alcala was the guy who played Skeletor in the movie! I am assuming this is not correct. Does someone have a picture of the He-Man Alcala head?
    That was Frank Langella. Alcala was the artist who drew the first He-Man mini comics. His style and the tone of those booklets are, to some fans, the original conception of He-Man and the exact opposite of the watered down Filmation take.

An Alcala head, IMO, wouldn't be enough. I get the feeling we're really going to get new tooling this year. A new character, even an obscure mini-comic character, would be grounds for a regular monthly figure. "Oo-Larr" seems like the perfect choice for the sub figure, but unless they tool new arms and legs (without the gauntlets and boots) there's simply no way they can differentiate him from the real He-Man.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Beyond my OCD desire to own every character, I really don't WANT this figure or character at all.

That being said, it's very likely that it'll be the sub exclusive. And it fits perfectly with the "spend almost no new money" theme that Wun-Dar set.

He really needs a new head though. I refuse to accept that everyone who can wield the sword looks exactly the same.

Also, is Adam the only person who goes by the name He-Man, and every other he-man just uses their normal name?

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    i wish they had named him thun-dar instead.....
    Then Gygor could be his Mok-like Ookla and the Green Goddess as his Ariel??? Hmmm....

As previously said, Oo-Larr sounds like they already had the name trademarked because of the Mo-Larr typo and they thought they best use it on something. Perhaps Mo-Larr will be Oo-Larr in disguise?

I think the name is pretty awful but the concept of the character is awesome. I personally do not have a problem if every Sub exclusive figure was a different generation of He-Man.

I honestly thought Marlena was going to be the Sub exclusive but MGM makes a great point. This figure as Sub exclusive is the lesser of two evils. Those who really want a Savage (now Jungle) He-Man would most likely be buying the sub anyway as they don't care what figures come out.

Oo-Larr is a dumb name, but lots of MOTUC figures have dumb 'real' names that I simply disregard. I still consider He-Ro's real name to be Gray, for example. If Barbarian/Jungle He-Man is made, I will buy one and pretend that his real name is Tarzan.

Actually now that I think on it, I'd wager they give him Moss Man's bag/vine strap.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosicrucian View Post
    Actually now that I think on it, I'd wager they give him Moss Man's bag/vine strap.
    Brilliant idea....give him Mossy's bag/vine strap, Goddess' spear, new hair, forearms, and lower legs = BAM! Jungle He-Man!
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkhide View Post
    Brilliant idea....give him Mossy's bag/vine strap, Goddess' spear, new hair, forearms, and lower legs = BAM! Jungle He-Man!
    Don't forget that he'll need a belt-less loincloth!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    That was Frank Langella. Alcala was the artist who drew the first He-Man mini comics. His style and the tone of those booklets are, to some fans, the original conception of He-Man and the exact opposite of the watered down Filmation take.

An Alcala head, IMO, wouldn't be enough. I get the feeling we're really going to get new tooling this year. A new character, even an obscure mini-comic character, would be grounds for a regular monthly figure. "Oo-Larr" seems like the perfect choice for the sub figure, but unless they tool new arms and legs (without the gauntlets and boots) there's simply no way they can differentiate him from the real He-Man.
    Frank Langella drew the original 4 mini comics and was succeeded by artist Dolph Lundgren.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Don't forget that he'll need a belt-less loincloth!
    Ooo...yes, of course! I really like all this discussion of the Mini-Comics! I really hope this opens up the idea of releasing Blue Mer-Man, Red Beastman, Beige Stratos, and a couple Mini-Comic Beasts/Monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post
    Frank Langella drew the original 4 mini comics and was succeeded by artist Dolph Lundgren.
    LOL - too funny.
    Last edited by Bulkhide; June 18, 2010 at 09:33pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

I hope the bonus figure is Oo-larr, but he needs to be bulkier than the standard MOTU buck.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post
    Also, is Adam the only person who goes by the name He-Man, and every other he-man just uses their normal name?
    They probably ALL went by He-Man. We might be only getting their real names to differentiate them from the current He-Man.

I mean, imagine if Mattel released He-Man as "Adam"?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Without a doubt, that's who it has to be.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    In fact, if every year the exclusive were just a He-Man from the past or future, that would be rad (and cheap for Mattel to do). Can't wait!
    I wasn't diggin the idea of barbarian He-man as the 2011 sub exclusive, but now I'm starting too, (especially if he comes with all these weapons, and these already came with the Goddess, so maybe just the sword and sheath, and the boots, maybe?)
    And I really like your idea of every year making the sub figure a "past" [Oo-Larr] or "future" [NA He-Man, maybe?] He-Man! Excellent Idea!

– No comment.