Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Ra Quality Control Issues Thread!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

She-Ra Quality Control Issues Thread!

This thread is for everyone to describe, and post pictures, of the QC problems with your She-Ra figures in hopes Toyguru can see them and pass along the info to Mattel to fix these problems.

I felt this deserved it's own UNIQUE thread because such a VAST amount of people seem to be having QC issues with She-Ra. At this point in the game, it's pretty crazy that QC seems to be the worst it ever has been.

I'll start with my own subscription She-Ra figure.

I was pretty lucky with my She-Ra, but she does have a few bad problems:

1. She literally had a POOL of a yellowish liquid on her skirt under her left forearm. I dried it immediately without taking pictures because I was afraid it would stain her skirt. Luckily, it is not stained.

2. She has black spots on her chest. Not NEARLY as bad as some, but they were there. I scrubbed her chest and they DID come off.

3. Her sword gem is foggy looking...both gems...because of the glue. They are incredibly blurry. The shield gem is nearly perfect and reflective, but you can see some glue under it too.

4. BOTH sides of her sword have glue EVERYWHERE on them! It's spattered everywhere. I tried to scrub it off...but it will not come off.

5. She does have a spot of glue on her back...for some odd reason (nothing should be glued on her back), but it's not terrible. Still shouldn't be there though!

6. Filmation head has a deep indented line from her tiara down to the top of her right eyebrow.

7. For some reason, the Filmation head has red "high lights" in her hair from the top of her head to the very bottom...only on the left side! It's so strange, and she's not supposed to have red on her hair!

8. Loose ankles. I wasn't going to put this because they seemed iffy (as in, not too loose, but not tight either)...but she has fallen over TWICE so far because of the ankles.

I hope everyone else will report their issues here, even if you posted them in the She-Ra Delivered thread. It's best for all the She-Ra issues to be in one spot.

Here are some pictures of the problems I described above:

Last edited by Darkspecter; June 19, 2010 at 02:07am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I'm not going to post pictures but I'll tell you all that my SHe-ra came with a very loose right ankle. None of my usual tricks worked on her and I ended up using super glue which is not what I like.

Also, her cartoon head doesn't fit. NO matter what I did, even the blow dryer affect, I couldn't get that head on her body.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Warrior residentofeternia's Avatar
    I hear that, i just opened up my She-ra amd her arms are LOOSE, yes loose. When i gently rock She-ra back and forth, if it wasnt for her hair her arms could be doing circles. And i just inspected her filmation head, THA HELL!! She-ra got a giant forehead, her tiara isnt on properly, it's too high. And the glue where the tiara meets her face is dry but very visible. There is also paint missing on her right boot, it looks like somebody took a fingernail and started to scuff it.

Heroic Warrior
    The upper calf on my She-Ra is set at a weird angle and it looks like she has an extra joint in her leg.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heroic Warrior
    Glad I'm not the only one with issues with her. my cartoon head had glue where the tiara connects to the head and it would not come off. Her legs are very loose as well, even worse than BA He-Man. And her lower legs seem to be far to bowed out.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I edited my first post to add loose ankles, because She-Ra has fallen over twice now.

Noteworthy mention: I was posing She-Ra for fun tonight and I noticed a wet spot on her elbow. It was more oily/grease/vegetable oil/whatever it is. It was on BOTH of her elbows and it dripped. DRIPPED out of her elbow! That's just crazy wrong and plain disgusting!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Mine has one sticker completely off center, while the other sticker is missing completely. I'm waiting to hear back from Matty.
    He-Ro and Scareglow's capes look like the most powerful Fruit Roll-Ups in the universe!

When Earworms Attack!

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    On both of my she-ras the ankles are very bad she doesn't stand up
    properly .the ankle is too loose

Here's my post from the She-Ra Delivered thread regarding my figure's issues.

Crap, My She-Ra 's arrived yesterday. I just picked them up and opened one (I have 2 subs) The one I decided to open looked great on card but once I got her out of her bubble.... drama.

First her shoulders are so loose that her arms fall immediately to her side if raised, so no holding aloft of magic swords for her. That's the least of it.
    There's a big dried glue splotch on her skirt that was hidden by the sheild.
    There is dried excess glue coming out of the back of her bodice all up her back. The back of her cape has a blob of gold paint that ran down it. Both heads have red paint splatter all over the back of the hair. Her left leg had some sort of residue on it (more glue?) that has her leg looking dingy and gray. The "filmation" style head was put inside the hair crooked so the point of her tiara is over her right eye instead of the center of her forehead (which I noticed before opening). I could easily salvage the crooked hair/tiara but trying to remove the glue and paint run-off/splatter/excess would most likely damage the figure.

I had a similar issue with Evil-Lyn in April and was able to get a replacement with minimal effort. I hate to have to do it again so soon but when we pay premium prices for what is deemed an adult collectable there should be a better standard of quality to these things. She is a beautiful figure and all of the posted photos are great, but I'm sad mine came out so janky. I've had great luck, with only Evil-Lyn and King Grayskull being unacceptable since the beginning of the line.

Time to e-mail customer service to get a replacement.
    Up, Up, & Away!
    The Amazing Brian-Man of SpyMonkey Creations Inc.
    President & Founder of the Plundor Appreciation League

Got my She-Ra yesterday. My most anticipated figure, and the first one to arrive in bad shape.

#1 - Her right arm is bent out of shape.
    #2 - The sticker is peeling off of the vintage mask
    #3 - 1/2 of her index finger is missing.
    #4 - The sword fits very loosely in her hand. Probably because she's missing a finger.
    # 5- She was kinda greasy
    # 6 - Slight hints of gold paint all the way down the skirt creases

Did anyone else have a near impossible time fitting the second head on?
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Quote Originally Posted by jmb410s View Post
    It's a common problem. Folks have their boiling water on hand.

I'm digging the first picture

Does that make me weird?

Could explain some of the oily mess...
    My B/S/T

My feedback

Did you know that Mattel is trying to kill Teh Lien??

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    It's a common problem. Folks have their boiling water on hand.
    Careful with that; her flocking might come off.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmb410s View Post
    If my UPS truck hadn't been hot as an oven, I'm sure I would have. As it is, the box was just cooler than the surface of the sun, so it popped right on.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Here are some pictures of the problems I described above:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...GlueDamage.jpg
    You just wanted an excuse to post a super-close-up of her boobies.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian_Canadian View Post
    You just wanted an excuse to post a super-close-up of her boobies.

You make it sound like you have an issue with it...
    My B/S/T

My feedback

Did you know that Mattel is trying to kill Teh Lien??

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Marlena: everyone can see your pillows!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    As I posted in the She-ra delivered thread, my sub She-ra looks great, but her right knee and right ankle are both so loose that she cannot stand up. this is now the 4th MOTUC figure that I have that is unable to stand (Tri-Klops, Wundar, Optikk, and now She-ra). These QC issues are becoming ridiculous quite quickly considering this is a premium collectors line.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    I've said it once, and I'll say it again: I wish Mattel had shipped She-Ra WITH her Filmation head attached! Argh!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    My She-Ra heads wouldn't go on. I think I got the modern head on, if i turn her upside down she it wont fall off now but its hard to tell. The red dot on her tiara was damaged somehow, and it has some kind of scratch that you can see some white under the red. I'm thinking of trying to use nail polish to fix it but nervous about that. Her ankles are pretty loose, tho not as loose as many are reporting because she does stand so far. Otherwise some of the the figure looks messed up in some places like it got damaged while being made or something and parts of the sculpt are clearly not the way they should be. The paint is mostly ok if you ignore the blob of gold on the top of her head. I don't know if that showed up when I was struggling to get the blasted head on or was already there. I emailed Matty customer service and waiting to hear back. It really sucks all around and was a huge let down. I'm sorry but they owe us our money back or something just for having to use hairdryers to get the head on as far as I'm concerned. I paid for a product, and it isn't functional or is barely so, and it is very poorly constructed overall.

And can I just say, maybe it makes me a loser with no priorities but it still really upset me that I'd waited such a long time for this figure, got the 2010 sub in large part because i was afraid id miss anything PoP related (not because I care all that much about the regular MOTU folk -no offense I like them but probably wouldn't have bought more than a few of them without the sub)and now these multiple let downs. But the frustration actually started on the 15th, I encouraged a friend and huge PoP fan to try and get her, and told him the best way to get a fig in his cart and check out. Unfortunately, I did not tell him not to try and put figs in his cart individually and use the banner to get to the page that you can put it all in your cart at once. I didn't realize he would do so, he seems uninterested in Keldor and didnt say much when I told him I was trying for Faker and couldn't care less about GB or DCUC unless WW is involved. So of course, he tried to put Faker in his cart after and by the time he did so....it was too late. I feel like a total jerk and wish I'd just bought him the damn thing. Not happy with Matty at all, my monthly dealings with Mattel make me feel like I have an unwanted monthly visitor and I'm not even a girl. Tho I suspect that kind of monthly visitor is a lot less of a pain to deal with all things considered. Now I see why they changed it to a white screen of death....

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I usually have issues with my MOTUC figures when nobody else complain or mention anything about it. Now with this thread I’m waiting for a weird day next Monday when my Figures arrive. I’m tired of these QC problems every month.

Heroic Warrior
    Mattel has got to stop using those clear rubber bands and stretching them so tightly in the package. It doesn't really help the packaged pose and they're putting too much stress on the plastic.

One non complainin' MOFO
    My She-Ra had one gem missing from the sword and the gem on her shield was covered with glue waiting to hear from Matty. She also had a bit of "dirt" on her skirt.

"She also had a bit of "dirt" on her skirt."

Loo-kee needed a safety-wipe!