Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: She-Ra Quality Control Issues Thread!

I've just contacted Mattycollector for my first replacement of a figure in this line.

I've got 3 She-Ra's, none of which is painted or assembled perfectly. But the third one (non-sub) ist far the worst (aside from having the tightest joints of them):

- Two different types of gold color were used. One of her boots is painted glossy, the other one is painted dull.
    - Her left hand was glued into the socket, so it broke right off after the first turn when I tried to attach her shield.
    - There are glue residues around the tiara of her 2nd (Filmation) head.
    - Her wristbands are not painted completely
    - Her sword is bent

The two other She-Ra's have some paint and/or loose joint issues, but not as severe as this one! I hope the customer service helps me out with a replacement.

Ok ....

with some help and advice of masterenglish ( thanks a lot ! ), i´ve removed the hair/tiara piece and gonna now to get of the glue and color
    before i put the head back in an better position. I thought it could be maybe interesting for some guys to see She-Ra´s head part splited in his pieces.

.... and the hair/tiara part

Attached Images Attached Images

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colton View Post
    Ok ....

with some help and advice of masterenglish ( thanks a lot ! ), i´ve removed the hair/tiara piece and gonna now to get of the glue and color
    before i put the head back in an better position. I thought it could be maybe interesting for some guys to see She-Ra´s head part splited in his pieces.

.... and the hair/tiara part
    Oh, thanks for posting that! I may try to fix my one She-Ra now...and my Evil-Lyn.

She SURE looks creepy without hair though.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

i had glue slopped all over the gems on the power sword. kinda makes them look gross when you see them up close. they don't sparkle like the adora sword. doesn't bother me that much but makes me wonder what the hell is going on when they assemble these figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawful View Post
    i had glue slopped all over the gems on the power sword. kinda makes them look gross when you see them up close. they don't sparkle like the adora sword. doesn't bother me that much but makes me wonder what the hell is going on when they assemble these figures.
    I think the chinese workers just have to assemble the double of figures since She-Ra
    .... of course ... with the same salary as before .....oooopppps ..... should i better be quit

Heroic Warrior
    Seeing that She-Ra is the first figure that they upped the quantity on, does this mean that they upped the quantity but kept the quality control to the same numbers as earlier?

It can appear so from all of these problems here.

I have yet to see someone post of a near flawless - or a She-Ra they are happy with.
    -------
    edited:
    Someone posted just before me or something - so never mind my "near flawless" comment.
    Last edited by Haradrel; July 18, 2010 at 03:07pm.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawful View Post
    My She-Ra had the same glue problem on her sword! My second one wasn't as bad...but the first one...YEESH!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I wasn't able to order She-Ra on the 15th, but I did get her last week from the secondary market. I immediately noticed a few issues:

- Her left ankle and knee are slightly loose, so I have to be careful how I pose her. They don't wobble, but they don't always support her depending on the pose. She's already taken a few tumbles to the floor.
    - I gently flexed the mask a few times, and today noticed that by one of the eye holes there was a small 'bubble' of paint. It looks like this happened when I flexed it, but thankfully I was able to smooth it out with my fingernail.
    - There were black specks on her left hand and leg. These were able to come off easily by scraping them.
    - There were black smudges on her dress and boobs. These were cleaned off fairly easily.
    - There are two white dots on her face; one under her left eyebrow and the other slightly higher up. I thought they may be more specks of paint, but they don't scrape off. I actually think these parts may be unpainted, but I'm not sure what color plastic her face is cast in.
    - The seems to be a slight black smudge on her face.
    - Her face appears to have a thin layer of glue in some places, and the crown is slightly off center.
    - Some gold paint spilled onto her hair by the right side of her crown.
    - The most noticeable of all was the hair on her 'classic' head. In the package, the left-most tendril of hair was actually bent underneath She-Ra, and was resting between her hair and shoulder. When I removed her from the package, the hair was pointing straight out sideways. It has since 'relaxed' some, and points more towards her right leg now. I am sure that I could boil it and straighten it out, but it no longer bothers me.

Also, like everyone else I can barely get the 'modern' head on. I had to wet the top of her neck and force it on. The classic head goes on and off with no problems.

After reading the list, it sounds like the figure arrived in terrible condition, but overall I am very happy with her. I just resent the fact that I now have to buy the reissue which will hopefully correct the QC flaws as well as the issues with her skirt.

So ... now ... after i´ve spend some time yesterday to fix my She-Ra´s head,
    i´m posting the result here. Just need to repaint the jewel on her tiara and on her left eyebrow ( lost some color during the work )

well finally got my first quality control issue. My reg shera's legs and butt were serperaterated form her torso when i took her out the box.I thought they were on till they fell on the floor. I'm going to call matty if i can't pop it back in place. Trying to beat it in with the hammer and not break her neck peg appears to be the biggest obstacle
    btw the ankles are also loose. And other ideas be great.Good think i got the bubble power one at xmas to hold over my daughter till this is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessyb View Post
    well finally got my first quality control issue. My reg shera's legs and butt were serperaterated form her torso when i took her out the box.I thought they were on till they fell on the floor. I'm going to call matty if i can't pop it back in place. Trying to beat it in with the hammer and not break her neck peg appears to be the biggest obstacle
    btw the ankles are also loose. And other ideas be great.Good think i got the bubble power one at xmas to hold over my daughter till this is fixed.
    If i remember correctly, mine was the exact same with the separated torso. Boil & pop works perfectly to put it back together (heat the torso and it just pops right in).

EDIT: haha, yup, my pic is on page 3.

Thanks for the idea, i looked at one of hunterknights tutiorals and he used the hairdryer to soften the parts. So the hardest part was tracking down hairdryer, but in the end i just finished poping it back into place with ease, glad thats all i had to deal with. much easier then the hammer earlier :P

Quote Originally Posted by Opticon View Post
    If i remember correctly, mine was the exact same with the separated torso. Boil & pop works perfectly to put it back together (heat the torso and it just pops right in).

EDIT: haha, yup, my pic is on page 3.

Do All She-Ra figures have loose knees and ankles? So far, every She-Ra figure I have had featured very loose ankles and knees. I can hardly get them to stand!

Does anyone have one with really tight joints? Could it be just a bad batch?

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Do All She-Ra figures have loose knees and ankles? So far, every She-Ra figure I have had featured very loose ankles and knees. I can hardly get them to stand!

Does anyone have one with really tight joints? Could it be just a bad batch?
    The two version 1 She-Ra figures I have opened both have weak ankles I had to use Pledge Future Shine on the joints to stiffen them up (just use a paint brush - it works).

The knees are fine though on mine.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.