Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Ra Quality Control Issues Thread!

My sub She-Ra has loose ankles, black spots on her Filmation head, bent sword handle, missing a little lipstick, and what looks like "dirt" on her skirt.
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Point Dread and Talon Fighter for MOTUC.

JUST REPOSTING MY POST FROM THE "SHE-RA DELIVERED" Thread, as I was asked to do:

So, she came today...

And so far, I have been SUPER lucky I guess with my MOTUC figures. Stratos was the only one I ever had to return upon receipt (his joints were basically non-working and he just flopped around).

She-Ra changed that. Did they plan this!?!? LOL

I have to laugh because I'll scream if I don't laugh.

First of all, I took the white mailer box out of the package and it had been opened and retaped. This was BLATANTLY obvious (they didn't even try to hide it - see the pic in the next post, as I can only post three at a time).

Then, voila: BOOOOOBIES!!!!

More DIRTY Boobies!!!

And then the ULTIMATE in Matty customer service failures:

NO, I didn't do anything to this head.. it came out of the package this way. How is it that I got a subscription figure that was shipped out the same day everyone else's was, but mine looks like a factory reject, and the inside of the Filmation head (which has a BEAUTIFUL, PERFECT face of course, ironic, no?) is totally damaged and chewed up!!!!

I emailed and asked for a replacement.

the messed up box - straight out of Digital River's package (this did not happen in transit)

Glue on her back, dirt on her bum

Quality...

A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    Someone else has a She-Ra with the tiara attached like this?
    Font: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...EW_062110a.htm

Last edited by AlessandraF; June 21, 2010 at 10:41am.
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-΄

Like everyone else, I had problems getting the Filmation head on. The original toy head works fine and is probably the best head to switch on any of my MOTUC figures, but one of the stickers on the mask peeled a little. I was able to smooth it back. Instead of opting for boiling water for the Filmation head, someone suggested baby oil and that's actually working wonders now.

Someone got over zealous with the glue on her bodice, especially around her right breast. Makes you wonder what She-Ra's been up to...

My big problem is in the missing jewel on her shield. I have two subs and the one I'm keep on the card has the jewel in the shield. I've been a bit torn on trying to get a replacement solely for the shield or just asking someone in the marketplace if I could buy an extra She-Ra shield. I'm thinking that might be faster and a lot easier than going through DR to get a completely new figure that's still going to have a small peg hole in its alternate head.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Then, voila: BOOOOOBIES!!!!
    More DIRTY Boobies!!!
    Glue on her back, dirt on her bum
    OMG that's HORRIBLE quality!!!
    If you want, there might be a way to remove the sloppy work.

You can remove the dirt with rubbing Alcohol.
    Make sure it's at least 90% pure.
    You can get it at a pharmacy, people use it all the time to clean musical instruments with it.

And you could try to remove the glue with goo gone.
    Make sure to wash the figure with water and natural soap afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by AlessandraF View Post
    That's teh big forehead She-Ra variant!!!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I've said it once, and I'll say it again: I wish Mattel had shipped She-Ra WITH her Filmation head attached! Argh!
    Some fans would KILL to have her Filmation head MOC.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Yes, mine was similar. Except mine was lower, almost touching her eyebrows. And was shifted so that the point of the tiara was centered over her right eye.

I emailed for a replacement on Wednesday. I got a response on Friday saying the "escalation team" would contact me within 72 hours.
    When my Evil-Lyn was messed up and I requested a replacement I had it in hand within 2 business days.
    Up, Up, & Away!
    The Amazing Brian-Man of SpyMonkey Creations Inc.
    President & Founder of the Plundor Appreciation League

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I've said it once, and I'll say it again: I wish Mattel had shipped She-Ra WITH her Filmation head attached! Argh!
    The majority of MOC collectors would love to have the Filmation head as the standard head
    but because all of the figures come packed with the toy heads attached, She-Ra is no exception.

Mer-Man, Man-At-Arms & Moss Man all would have looked a lot better if they came packed with the alt/newly tooled/200X heads attached imo.

This is one of those reasons why it is nice to collect them loose as well, so you can put the head on that you prefer!

It would be extremely awesome if a 3rd re-release later down the road had the alt heads as the main heads!
    And even has Orko & Adam switched where Orko would become the accessory!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Just got back from the beach and opened one of my She-Ra figures that I buy extra so I have loose and carded. I have to say that I'm a concerned with numerous things I saw. First of all there are paint application problems everywhere. There was extra paint on the Filmation head. Fortunately I was able to scrape most of it off. There are more paint issues on the bracelets and sword. The front of the skirt looks like it was dropped face down on a dirty floor and stepped on. The right leg and ankle is loose. And I noticed the Filmation head's peg hole isn't as large as the classic one. It was very difficult to get it on the body.
    For the most part this is a really nice figure but I'm concerned w/ these things b/c they take away from the figure. I didn't post this to complain but instead to inform the powers that be of what I am seeing w/ the hope that they will be fixed. Yet, we've been talking about loose joints for a year and a half now. When I got Beastman in 2008, half his nose was unpainted. This needs to stop! Please Mattel, understand my criticism as love for MOTU and this classics line
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

She-ra's head - It won't attach to the figure

Just received She-ra today and while it's a great figure it seems to have a big problem. The default head wasn't even attached to the figure in the box and now that I'm trying to attach the Filmation head it just won't go on no matter how hard I try to force it. I'm worried that the neck peg is going to snap before the head will ever click into place. Anyone else had this problem?

It's a known issue. I first heard about it from Pixel Dan's review. You can either boil the head in water or blow dry it or a few minutes to soften the plastic. I took the route of putting a drop of baby oil in the hole and it works better than the heating option for me.

Had the same problem. I used the blowdryer method on the head. It only took about 30 seconds of heating and I was able to pop the head right on.

Cheers for the advice. I'll try the hairdryer method later on tonight.

Does anyone know if the stickers on the toy head tiara can be removed and reapplied if they are crooked? Please let me know!

She-ra question

I just noticed the one of my she-ra figures doesn't have the masters of the universe decal on top of her package. Anyone else get figures with that missing?
    bnl4life

Quote Originally Posted by wiley007 View Post
    Does anyone know if the stickers on the toy head tiara can be removed and reapplied if they are crooked? Please let me know!
    I don't know, but I have a similar issue. My stickers were already peeling off when it was still MIP. I'm afraid that trying to realign them would only make matters worse, but if there is an easy fix then I might try it.

The Filmation head on my She-Ra has red paint on her teeth. That should be pretty easy to fix, but I sure wish I didn't have to.

Her head was not attached when she arrived, and I had a VERY difficult time getting it on. I'm still not sure if it is fully secure because it doesn't ever really click in place, but I can get her to look left and right without the head falling off, so I'm leaving it alone.

Also, the first thing that I noticed when I saw her was a large black smudge on her chin. I was able to wipe it off with a damp cloth, luckily. It worried me for a minute.
    Last edited by Maestro; June 22, 2010 at 10:35pm.

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    You can remove the dirt with rubbing Alcohol.
    Make sure it's at least 90% pure.
    You can get it at a pharmacy, people use it all the time to clean musical instruments with it.

And you could try to remove the glue with goo gone.
    Make sure to wash the figure with water and natural soap afterwards
    Thanks for the advice I was able to remove the dirt and paint from the dress that way!

She looks like she's balding LOL... I think the tiara and hair are one piece, so if the factory workers didn't glue them together carefully enough, you end up with that or with the hairline at the brow-line.

You'd think that Mattel would have tooled the hair and head pieces with interlocking pieces to avoid this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian-Man View Post
    I emailed for a replacement on Wednesday. I got a response on Friday saying the "escalation team" would contact me within 72 hours.
    I've sent three emails, and FINALLY got a response today. She said she's been "researching" the evidence I provided, and would probably need to contact me tomorrow. UGH. WHY? I provided 7 pictures and explained the problems. I don't want to have to be on the phone with them.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley007 View Post
    I would suggest heating the mask with the hairdryer - probably for a while - and it should heat the glue enough so that you can push the sticker into place.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Might as well add Keldor to the thread. Got mine today with splashes of black paint on his face and chest, paint missing from the sword and his ankles are so loose that he CANNOT STAND UP.

Yes, so that means both figures I bought this month for 20.00 a piece are completely unable to be displayed because they cannot stand since I already posted about She-ra in this thread. I'm not one typically bashing Mattel, but I really think this needs to be addressed and quickly. I am seriously considering skipping the sub for next year. I will not keep collecting a toy line with this bad quality control.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

My She-ra has a super loose right knee. It's floppy loose. Worst I've seen in MotUC.

Heroic Warrior
    Mattel should just get trained monkeys to assemble and paint these things. THIS far into the line and people are still having MAJOR quality issues? Ugh. Still, I suppose when you put your manufacturing plant in a place that pays people crap, you get the quality you pay for.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Here is what I posted in the She-Ra Delivered Thread last week:

I have the same problem with two (!) of my She-Ra sub figures. And it is not only dirt.. it is black color, which can not be cleaned
    And the first She-Ra on the pics has a hole in her right shoulder
    The second She-Ra has also a lot of glue on her sword
    Look:

Number one: (black color, hole in her right shoulder)

Number two: (also black color spots and a lot glue on her sword)

I gave my She-ra to my 3 year old daughter. When I opened it for her and looked at it, what a mess it was in! Like most other people the head wasn't attached, but managed to get the other head on no problem. Both her feet are facing inwards and her arm joints are so loose, they just sag and hang beside her, they don't stay up at all.

Even my 3 year old daughter said (and this was her words not mine).

"I don't like this one, it's rubbish, her arms are all floppery"

So if this isn't acceptable to pass a 3 year old, how did it pass quality control before being sent out!! I think we should get my daughter in on the quality control, as you can see, she would do a much better job!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Thanks for the advice I was able to remove the dirt and paint from the dress that way!
    You're welcome! I'm glad it worked out for you
    I use it all the time to clean used vintage figures with paint rubbing etc.
    I even managed to clean a Kenner RGB Stay Puft Marshmallow Man that way as well who is notorious for always being really dirty bcause of the white rubbery plastic.

It's extremely ridiculous that we have to clean / use customizing skills on $20 figures to "fix" brand new figures

Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    Even my 3 year old daughter said (and this was her words not mine).

"I don't like this one, it's rubbish, her arms are all floppery"

So if this isn't acceptable to pass a 3 year old, how did it pass quality control before being sent out!! I think we should get my daughter in on the quality control, as you can see, she would do a much better job!
    You're daughter is very smart
    It's crazy how bad the quality control is for these toy lines that even 3 year olds don't want it because it's so horrible!

The Mattel/Mattycollector policy on returning defect products internationally is non existent which makes it even that much worse for the international costumers
    Last edited by synthalus; June 23, 2010 at 06:07am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My vintage head has paint chips and the ankles of my She-Ra are a bit loose.
    But what absolutely baffles me is that she came without her shield.

Overall I can live with it because I was planning to display her with the Filmation head and without the shield anyway, but Mattel's QC really screwed up big time.

"Never will forgive you, never leave you
    You know that if you live like, you will die like
    How can I erase your pain and aid you
    When Death wants to kiss you
    and you want to kiss him back..."

Sonata Arctica - "Sing in Silence"

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    The majority of MOC collectors would love to have the Filmation head as the standard head
    but because all of the figures come packed with the toy heads attached, She-Ra is no exception.

Mer-Man, Man-At-Arms & Moss Man all would have looked a lot better if they came packed with the alt/newly tooled/200X heads attached imo.

This is one of those reasons why it is nice to collect them loose as well, so you can put the head on that you prefer!

It would be extremely awesome if a 3rd re-release later down the road had the alt heads as the main heads!
    And even has Orko & Adam switched where Orko would become the accessory!
    This is an awesome idea. Mattel wouldn't even have to put the "original" burst on the package either since it would be so obvious. Also, instead of holding their default weapon, the figures could be packaged holding their 'secondary' weapon (if applicable) such as He-Man holding his axe instead of the power sword or Mer-Man holding the Sword of Rakash instead of his trident.....

Also, since someone else brought up Keldor, has anyone posted pics of him with Skeletor's head?? (I haven't received my Keldor yet.)
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!