Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: She-Ra Quality Control Issues Thread!

A Defender of Grayskull coolapex's Avatar
    My She-Ra figure is constantly falling down. So now I have to lean her up onto Castle Grayskull. No matter how I have her posed she will eventually fall over. Another thing is her Filmation head, her eyes have a weird kind of stare to them and her red lip stick comes off the mouth a little bit.

Heroic Warrior
    So has anyone heard from Mattel about replacements or refunds? I never heard back so emailed and called again yesterday and now supposedly they have submitted a request to the 'escalation dept'. So again I'm supposed to be contacted within 24-72 hours-I ain't holing my breath.

If they think I'm going to get bored and go away they are very much mistaken.
    Last edited by Tilt; June 24, 2010 at 01:46pm. Reason: forgot the word 'go'

I got my she-ra from a member here. It is not his fault but my she-ra's waist came completely off. It does go back in but when I try to use the waist articulation it comes out again. I hope matty will be able to send replacements or refunds cause it all started with the dreaded white screen and then this.

I heard back yesterday. They sent a replacement, and did not require that I send the janky one back, which is good.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I just opened mine today and not only was the head off when I opened it, neither head will fit on the neck peg, the right foot is practically dangling off, and the gold paint on the sword is all smeared on both sides! And luckly I'm not a MOC collector because the MOTUC logo in the front of the blister was missing too. It was the first time that I bought a figure just for my daughter and not one for myself too and she was all excited when I opened it for her. Now she can't even play with it and I'm waiting on Matty to respond regarding a refund.

I've been collecting since the December of 2008 and have never had this many problems with a figure.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I've experienced a lot of what's being said in the thread, smudges on the dress, paint flaking off of the hair, excess glue on the accessories... even excess glue on her heads. But one She-Ra I have has so much glue on her 'Style guide' face that she has two-toned skin... I swear she looks like she's going for Eclipso tryouts or something. :/
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

As someone else suggested here, I used a scalpel to shave away some of the plastic around the head's neck hole. After some trial and error, both heads fit fairly well now. I can switch them, and they stay on firmly even though they don't pop in place exactly. I'm glad because I think the vintage head looks awesome wearing the mask.
    A boy and his cat versus the world...
    http://www.jaybellbooks.com/the-cat-in-the-cradle/

My She-ra has a tear in the packaging on the back. It runs down the entire side as if someone tore off the outer layer of paper backing. I emailed customer support on June 18th. (I am a MOC collector for MOTUC)

They replied quickly saying someone would respond within 72 hours.

144 hours later, I email them asking what the deal is, since they never responded.

They email back quickly saying, "We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Our devoted escalating team is currently investigate and will provide you an update. Somebody will keep in touch with you within 24 to 72 hours."

Again.

So I email them back: On June 18th, you said I would get a response within 72 hours. Over 144 hours later, you have again responded with the same response! Unacceptable. Someone needs to fix this immediately. Not sure what you're investigating... is someone coming to my house to take a sample? Just fix the issue. I can send the other one back, but now I'm scared I'll never get a replacement with the shady way this has been handled thus far. What a disaster. Completely unacceptable service and product.
    Brian

Photos and video of my massive collection! Click here!

Most wanted: 200x Snake Men-carded Roboto, vintage Spinnerella and Netossa. Also: Hook 'Em Flogg's weapon and Missile Armor Flipshot's backpack.

Noob question

Hey, sorry if this is a really NOOB question that's been discussed before, but does anyone know from past experience (preferably international customers) if the Matty/Digital River people will send you replacement figures for severe paint defects alone, or only for actual structural flaws?

I've had some success in the past with getting a replacement from them for figures that broke right out of the packet from just minimal attempts at posing (and without having to send the broken ones back), but has anyone ever got them to send a replacement on the basis that the figure just looks HORRIBLE, with great big blotches of black paint and glue residue all over the figure (as if applied by someone with palsy in front of a blind QC officer)?

Also, I haven't even opened my badly besmirched She-Ra yet, so does anyone have any knowledge on whether it would help my potential "case" to keep her that way for now?

Thanks guys!

Cheers,
    Jack.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by leaper1976 View Post
    My She-ra has a tear in the packaging on the back. It runs down the entire side as if someone tore off the outer layer of paper backing. I emailed customer support on June 18th. (I am a MOC collector for MOTUC)

They replied quickly saying someone would respond within 72 hours.

144 hours later, I email them asking what the deal is, since they never responded.

They email back quickly saying, "We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Our devoted escalating team is currently investigate and will provide you an update. Somebody will keep in touch with you within 24 to 72 hours."

Again.

So I email them back: On June 18th, you said I would get a response within 72 hours. Over 144 hours later, you have again responded with the same response! Unacceptable. Someone needs to fix this immediately. Not sure what you're investigating... is someone coming to my house to take a sample? Just fix the issue. I can send the other one back, but now I'm scared I'll never get a replacement with the shady way this has been handled thus far. What a disaster. Completely unacceptable service and product.
    Samething happened to me when I got my She-Ra on the 18th, only difference was that they sent me the wrong figure. I called and they also told me in 24 hours that I would get an e-mail, I got no email and I have been calling everyday and everyday I hear in 24 hours and that was as you put it was 144 hours ago. I called today and they told me in 3 hours I will get an e-mail, and I did get a new order confirmation for my She-Ra. I hope I get shipping confirmation soon.
    Last edited by Zero Masamune; June 25, 2010 at 03:55am.

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    Might as well add Keldor to the thread. Got mine today with splashes of black paint on his face and chest, paint missing from the sword and his ankles are so loose that he CANNOT STAND UP.

Yes, so that means both figures I bought this month for 20.00 a piece are completely unable to be displayed because they cannot stand since I already posted about She-ra in this thread. I'm not one typically bashing Mattel, but I really think this needs to be addressed and quickly. I am seriously considering skipping the sub for next year. I will not keep collecting a toy line with this bad quality control.
    Post pics, pleeeeease! Otherwise Mattel acts like none of this happens. They've said in the past that they have to see pics. Post them on the matty forum. Send then to mattcollector.cs@digitalriver.com, demanding a replacement. Mattel did something to cheapen out; I don't think it's a coincidence that tge QC issues for both figures have been the worst they've ever been and Mattek upped the production numbers.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Post them on the matty forum.
    Could you please link to the specific thread? I couldn't see a relevant one...

Heroic Warrior
    I don't think you can post issues there anymore, those threads were closed I believe they said because it was "making things worse" and to contact customer service.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Post pics, pleeeeease! Otherwise Mattel acts like none of this happens. They've said in the past that they have to see pics. Post them on the matty forum.
    Always struck me as funny. There's some things they may need to look at that are hard to describe, but if you need a picture to show a factory that a left hand doesn't go on a right arm, you've got some folks that you might want to send to a good basic anatomy class.

And just how do you take a picture of a loose joint to show the problem?

My She-Ra would never be able to stand on her own, either, with the ankles and one knee being loose (not floppy loose, but unable to hold her weight at all). She's up and running (literally) only becuase I use little wire stands to support a lot of my figures. It's become a neccessity with Mattel product in particular (though some other lines need it, too, just not as exetensively).

Just be glad they aren't like Lobo's leg, though; how anyone expects that big torso to be supported by legs with the consitency of linguini is beyond my.

Quality control is definitely sliding AGAIN.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    The tiara is not centrical

Adroit Academic Professor Griffin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    1. She literally had a POOL of a yellowish liquid on her skirt under her left forearm. I dried it immediately without taking pictures because I was afraid it would stain her skirt. Luckily, it is not stained.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    It was more oily/grease/vegetable oil/whatever it is. It was on BOTH of her elbows and it dripped. DRIPPED out of her elbow! That's just crazy wrong and plain disgusting!
    Is that condensation due to the heat while shipping? Or is Mattel greasing up the figures to get them in the packaging now?
    Zodac is the name for God on the lips of all fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    The tiara is not centrical
    Oh! I thought that was intentional. Mine is off-center as well, so I guess I'll count that as another error.

I was almost expecting her head to not be attached, but i never expected this:

Some hot water and a little pushing got her together fine. You can also see in the pic theres a small tear on the left side of her skirt (pic's right) just under her belt. Not sure if its worth complaining over, since i got replacements for wun-dar and moss man a couple months ago.

It was a fight getting the filmation head on mine but I guess that's common. Seeing the rest of the thread I count it lucky all my She-ra has is pretty loose arms.

So, does anyone have any experience of Matty sending replacements for "just" severely bad deco (such as big obvious black marks on fleshtones and egregious glue residue), rather than actual structural issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Skell-Skells View Post
    So, does anyone have any experience of Matty sending replacements for "just" severely bad deco (such as big obvious black marks on fleshtones and egregious glue residue), rather than actual structural issues?
    Yes,
    In April one of my Evil-Lyn figures had her helmet glued on crooked and black paint splotches on her face and arms. They replaced her within 3 business days of me sending them an e-mail detailing the issues.

Unfortunately this month it has not been so easy to facilitate a replacement for She-Ra. I have dried glue all over one of my She-Ra figures and the tiara on her 'style guide' head is centered over her right eye instead of the center of her forehead. I received my subs on Tuesday last week. E-mailed Matty CS on Wednesday. Got the 'you'll be contacted by the escalation team within 72 hours' response on Thursday. Wednesday of this week, still nothing so today I reply to them stating the 72 hours has lapsed and request status of my request. They respond immediately stating they have forwarded my request and concerns to the "escalation team" and I'll hear from them soon...

Still waiting.
    I'm afraid that with so many She-Ra figures having the same issues, they're having a hard time keeping up with this month's replacement requests. I hope they're (Mattel) taking this up with the factory to step up the quality control of these figures.
    Up, Up, & Away!
    The Amazing Brian-Man of SpyMonkey Creations Inc.
    President & Founder of the Plundor Appreciation League

Heroic Warrior

neck problem

mine has a huge balljoint in the neck itself, so the neck is not closed and the joint is bent forward. Of course the usual head problem is there too...

Unbelievable that this passes quality control....
    onthoofder

My She-Ra is fine for the most part. The legs are a little loose, but not to where she's falling down.

My biggest complaint is that on her left leg, by the knee articulation, there is a big paint splotch of what looks to be the darker skin tone that was used to paint He-Man. So it looks like She-Ra has a burn on her left knee.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Griffin View Post
    Is that condensation due to the heat while shipping? Or is Mattel greasing up the figures to get them in the packaging now?
    It's definitely not condensation. I'm not sure WHAT it is. It looks exactlly like vegetable oil or olive oil. My Keldor came with his boots SOAKED in the stuff, and his packaging. Pretty disgusting. I DID take pictures of his boots before drying it all off...and washing him. Not sure if they turned out well, so I also took a picture of the paper towel I dried him off with so everyone can see the grease stains.

I have some other pictures of my two She-Ras that came. One looks perfect, the other didn't have her head attached and had small issues that were easily fixed, but I will still post pictures later.

My internet is just so terrible in the summer that it's hard to send messages let alone upload pictures.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    72 hours have come and gone, and I didn't receive the promised follow-up about my She-Ra with three eyebrows. Second e-mail sent. Grrr.