Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: She-Ra Quality Control Issues Thread!

Took 1 week and 3 days from my initial e-mail to DR, I received my order confirmation for a replacement She-Ra at 12pm PST today. Should have a shipping confirm by Monday/Tuesday.
    Up, Up, & Away!
    The Amazing Brian-Man of SpyMonkey Creations Inc.
    President & Founder of the Plundor Appreciation League

I received my order confirmation for a replacement to
    They'll send me two, because both of mine have black color spots on her white dresses (I posted pics last week) . I hope the replacement She-Ra(s) are better..
    Last edited by Firesoullove; June 26, 2010 at 07:46pm.

Just received my email and order confirmation for my replacement She-Ra as well. It'll be great to have a She-Ra that can stand on her own and doesn't have glue all over her face....let's hope the replacement is much better!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Okay, so I finally got some pictures up because my internet is behaving better.

So, like I said I got my two She-Ras and one's basically perfect. The other had a couple small issues, but they deserve reporting because it matters to those who are MOC collectors.

1) She-Ra's head is not attached at all and is VERY noticeable.
    2) BOTH She-Ra heads have a black dot under their lips (I only pictured the Vintage head)
    3) Black mark on her right bicept (corner of picture)
    4) Bluish mark on skirt (not pictured)

All marks were removeable just by scratching with a fingernail, BUT it does matter for MOC collectors and we shouldn't have to fix our toys when they arrive.

The rest are pictures of Keldor to help illustrate the vegetable oil/olive oil/grease/whatever the heck it is issue I had with my She-Ra and a few reviewers had with Wun-Dar. I'll describe his boots in detail in the other QC thread, but his boots are SOAKED and I pictured and highlighted the grease on the paper towel I dried him off with:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    1) She-Ra's head is not attached at all and is VERY noticeable.
    Naa, I think you just got the ultra rare She-Ra posed in 'Oh no you diiiinnn'tttt' battle stance.
    Check out me and my friend's blog: Geek Culture

Heroic Warrior
    They are sending me a new one and i didn't have to do anything. i hope its a little better. in the meantime the paint on the one i have isn't so bad it cant be fixed up a little and i can just keep it and the new one given to my friend that didn't get one in time or vice versa. the tiara being off center gives her a little character and i don't mind not being able to switch the heads tho i am afraid to pose her much. It feels like I might accidentally pop her head off at any time so i try to just leave her in one spot.

i asked him how his faker was and he said it has paint splotches on it but he didn't care.

My She-Ra is fine, although her lips are not painted very nicely as I have noticed with others.

Nice thick pouty lips like Adora please Mattel....no scabby thin lips!

Be careful those of you that return your figures. I received a bad Optikk last month and returned it to DR for an exchange. DR even refunded my shipping which was nice. Problem was the warehouse apparently cancelled my subscription once they received my defective figure. Not sure why it happened, but because of it I didn't get my subscription figure (She-Ra) early, and so I called them and got it straightened out after several days. Still it was all pretty weird. I went ahead and ordered She-Ra to be on the safe side and once it was all straightened out after the sale date they offered to send me my subscription though I didn't need another She-Ra. I just want to be able to get my Marzo in July. I have had good customer service from Matty/DR but just be careful and watch your emails and account. I got a cancellation notice right after my return, and I contacted them and they said it went out by mistake, and not to worry. Two weeks later lo and behold it was cancelled.

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    My She-Ra was fine except for the 200X head. Even after boiling water that thing still wouldn't fit! I carved out some excess plastic with a sharp kinife, then boiled water and it finally snapped into place. The head still sits too high on her shoulders IMO. The skirt pushes her legs back from the straight position as well. It makes her stand weird. My least favorite MOTUC figure so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikewolfe View Post
    My She-Ra was fine except for the 200X head. Even after boiling water that thing still wouldn't fit! I carved out some excess plastic with a sharp kinife, then boiled water and it finally snapped into place. The head still sits too high on her shoulders IMO. The skirt pushes her legs back from the straight position as well. It makes her stand weird. My least favorite MOTUC figure so far.
    Whoa! What kinda variant did you get that comes with a 200X head?

Finally got my She Ra and Keldor yesterday and here we go. While there is nothing wrong with them that I cannot live with there are a few issues. Keldor looks like he took a long soak in a tub full of K Y. She Ra's arms have a built in whirly-gigger action feature and on both shoulders there is a triangular piece of plastic missing. With her heads I actually had the opposite problem as everyone else, her heads were so easy to swap that I forced her style-guide head on and it ended up with her chin past her collar bone. Like I said nothing I can't fix but the point is I shoudn't have to.
    The worst thing that happens to you can be the best thing for you if you don't let it get the best of you.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Got a second She-Ra from BBTS (had the sense to go there for a back-up while waiting for DR to figure out how to check me out on the 15th) and the only problem is some gold paint splashed on one leg. Thing is, after hearing about how the paint on other parts is flaking off, I thought it would be simple to get off. After trying a couple different ways that always worked before, I've still got some traces left. Not a big thing, but considering I've gotten dollar store toys from that famous company "Made in China" with better paint controls, it really points to Mattel's continued lackluster QC.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Mine will only stand in one position...and it's not exactly straight...she's leaning a weird way. Both legs are warped (especially the calf region)...and the ankles are both very loose.

This is the first problem I've had with a MOTUC figure. Optikk's ankle is very loose but he can still stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogster View Post
    Problem was the warehouse apparently cancelled my subscription once they received my defective figure. Not sure why it happened
    this happened to me in 2009 when I moved and digital river hadn't gotten it together enough with handling the subscriptions to allow a change of address. They sent Teela to my old address and it was returned.

according to the staff member that helped me? Digital River's system automatically cancels the subscription once a figure is returned. Brilliant, right? Apparently, they must STILL have that feature in place.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    according to the staff member that helped me? Digital River's system automatically cancels the subscription once a figure is returned. Brilliant, right? Apparently, they must STILL have that feature in place.
    Is anyone surprised?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Wow,
    I received my She-Ras today, yeh I know I'm late to the party but I couldn't order them on Matty. I had to order them on the secondary market, the seller was great and they we're all factory sealed.
    Now to the topic at hand:
    Every single one of them have a problem!!! Mattel needs to address these QC problems because as far as I'm concerned for a $20 well in my case $30 figure we should not be getting garbage like this!
    I will post pictures later, when I take them out of the package. One of my She-ra's has the Line on her forehead that another member posted in this thread earlier. Others had black dots and smudges of paint everywhere!!!! All of the cards were crap except for one I would have to guess a C9.5 but the She-Ra is painted like absolute crap, gold paint smudge on the red dot on the tiara. I am so disappointed, and I don't even have the option for an exchange or return.

Widget
    i buy 2 shera, two shera also have problem.

i need matty to replace the two figure.

i have some question for the replacement.
    1) When I recieve the new shera figure, i need to ship back the old figure to matty ?
    2) I need to pay any other payment for the shipping to replace the figure ?

Problem with She Ra's head

I have just received my She Ra figure as I am from a foreign country. My and my friend could not, and tried, to fit her alternate head (filmation) We pushed strong enough and no use. Is this normal?
    Emile

Yeah it's normal. You need to be very strong to do it. If it doesn't work, try heating the head up with a hair dryer and pop it on.

A lot of people had problem with the filmation head. Mine was a struggle at first. I left the figure on the table sitting in the sun by accident and my second try went on much easier. I don't know if the plastic was more pliant from sitting in the sun but it popped right on? I thought I read somewhere someone's girlfriend used some saliva on the neck ball and the head popped right on.

So I guess to answer your question it is normal. :P

Thanks a lot guys, now, shouldn't mattel test this BEFORE releasing the figure, I mean, I bet someone broke a figure trying...
    Emile

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    From what I remember Matty telling us, they did, with a new neck peg to fix the problem. It was agreed these new pegs would be used. Then the old pegs were used, which apparently caused the issue all over again.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Now finally ... i can post some pictures of my alternative She-Ra head.

As many other people, the hair/tiara piece does not sit correct on her head.
    Also have a lot of glue on her forehead to temple and some spots in her face.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well I figured I better post my issues on the figure. I've had the same as others, sloppy paint apps, hair and tiara on crooked, spots on the dress, torn dress, chunked up/ deformed nose, super loose joints. Well I also request for a replacement and I got her on Friday. Again had some black paint or what ever it is on her dress. Some soap and water seemed to removed it. Right ankle joint is loose. But the new problem. The hair/tiara on the toon style head was barely glued onto her head! So when trying to pry it out of the tray. POP! I had only her head in my hand. While it's not a major problem. I just can't understand why Mattel just can't get these figures made decently! Well at least I was able to switch parts from the few She-Ras I had to make up a decent one.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Heroic Warrior
    Well, I guess I was very lucky with my She-Ra (my Keldor's ankles, however, were not great at all )... She didn't have anything wrong, except a small drop of glue next to her left boob, and another drop of glue on her vintage head's hair.

I didn't have any problem to put the cartoon "Filmation" head on her. Here's what I did : I took a paper towel and put some olive oil on it, then rubbed She-Ra's neck peg with it. I then proceeded to put the head on the neck. In order to do this, I turned the head "the wrong way" (the face looking at the back), and pushed it down while turning slightly (a small "corkscrew move"). Et voilā !

Given the tremendous amount of QC issues, I truly think some questions should be asked at SDCC during the fan panel regarding what Mattel plans to do to improve the quality of MOTUC figures in 2011. That question is a MUST !