Thread: If Randor dies/goes missing, wouldnt Adam be King?

Heroic Warrior

If Randor dies/goes missing, wouldnt Adam be King?

I'm just here and thinking about how the bios speak about Randor being MIA (dead of alive) when the Horde comes back & that the Masters are now renegades. But, it just popped into my mind...wouldn't Adam, there for He-Man, become King of Eternia? Maybe Randor isn't dead, and in order for Adam to become king, Randor would have to pass away. I mean, that would be the only justifiable reason he's not king, I guess. But, does Marlena go missing to, or is Mattel saying that Eternia under a queen's reign couldn't stop the Horde into taking over? Hmmmm...lol

I guess he would become captain of the guard if he (or others think he) deserves it.
    He could be appointed King by the Council of Elders if he is heroic like his father was.
    But Adam (not He-man) doesn't have a good track record for being a hero...

EDIT: Maybe MOTUC Adam isn't acting as a carefree prince. The bio may shed a light on this... IF Adam gets a bio now that he is a Orko pack-in

EDIT2: Miro has gone missing according to Randors bio, he never was pronounced dead. That didn't stop the Elders appointing Randor king.
    Last edited by Eterniandreams; June 19, 2010 at 06:00pm.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    I'm curious as to how Randor would even go missing to begin with, afterall they have He-man to protect him.... and anytime someone goes missing in Eternia (aside from Miro... and Mekaneck's son, lol), He-man always resues them quickly.

but yeah, i'd imagine that Adam would be king in Randor's absence (He is the Prince afterall).... i just can't believe the Horde would come along & conquer Eternia with He-man & co. around to stop them... especially since the Horde couldn't even defeat the Great Rebellion (a bunch of women!).... now they mean to tell me they can beat He-man & his comrades? Give me a break! No way!

I don't think Randor is dead though, most likely just locked up somewhere, just as Skeletor was 'imprisoned' when the Snakemen took over in MYP series.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    In the absense of the King, dead or missing, Adam would be King. Now I'm not sure how Marlena plays into it. What of King Miro's wife (Randor's mother?) When Miro went missing Randor became King so I would assume the same would hold true for Adam.

Yes Adam would be king only thing is at the time Randor goes missing I assume He-Man/Adam is away on Primus fighting the Space Mutants and Skeletor. Hence She-Ra comes in to lead the Masters into battle against the Horde.

Well, according to what was supposed to take place in 200X, Faker was introduced to discredit He-Man, and by the time the Horde came (back) on the scene the Masters (He-Man included) were made renegades and on the run.

I'd imagine that since Randor is missing, the entire Eternian kingdom has been sacked. There's no throne for Adam to sit upon, even if he could claim his throne at the time.

I'd imagine the royal family (Adam, Marlena, even Adora) are fugitives at that point., and almost see Adam and Adora being He-Man and She-Ra full time from that point on. Marlena would likely go into hiding, and for Adam and Adora to expose themselves would be a death sentence.

Thus, for either of the Twins to claim their titles, they would first need to dethrone whatever despots (Skeletor, Hordak, King Hiss) that took over the kingdom in the first place.

Fun times for the descendants of Grayskull!!
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Quote Originally Posted by SAMURAI36 View Post
    Well, according to what was supposed to take place in 200X, Faker was introduced to discredit He-Man, and by the time the Horde came (back) on the scene the Masters (He-Man included) were made renegades and on the run.

I'd imagine that since Randor is missing, the entire Eternian kingdom has been sacked. There's no throne for Adam to sit upon, even if he could claim his throne at the time.

I'd imagine the royal family (Adam, Marlena, even Adora) are fugitives at that point., and almost see Adam and Adora being He-Man and She-Ra full time from that point on. Marlena would likely go into hiding, and for Adam and Adora to expose themselves would be a death sentence.

Thus, for either of the Twins to claim their titles, they would first need to dethrone whatever despots (Skeletor, Hordak, King Hiss) that took over the kingdom in the first place.

Fun times for the descendants of Grayskull!!
    Sounds fun, sign me up!

Movie mayhem!
    They'd still have queen Marlena... so he'd remain a prince right?

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    With Randor MIA, they could pronounce Adam king regent, which is probably what happened to Randor. When Miro never showed up after so many years, they likely proclaimed him king, plain and simple.

If Adam is MIA, off on Primus, Marlena could stand down and Adora could take the reigns as Queen, as happened in England with Elizabeth II and the Queen mum. That's assuming they aren't all in hiding with the troubles.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Well, what I'm assuming, based on the bios, it goes like this:

-Faker was used to discredit He-Man, while He-Man was away in Despondos, giving Adora the Sword of Protection. Which also puts some doubt on the other Masters.

-He-Man & She-Ra come back to Eternia, unwelcomed. The Masters are no longer around as a full group after the events of Faker.

-He-Man & She-Ra defeat Faker, but it's not enough to clear his name.

-The Horde follow them and during a first strike, Randor is banished away (or killed, whichever they do).

-Eternos is then ransacked heavily, since the Masters are no longer on the front lines of the Kingdom.

-The Horde take over both Eternos, forcing the scattered Masters to go into exile before being able to regroup to combat the Horde.

-Marlena is forced into hiding, along with Adam & Adora (but not really as it would be a ploy to let He-Man & She-Ra continue fighting full-time).

-There is no Kingdom for any of the Royal Family to run, as it's all become Horde Territory.

-During this point, the fighting becomes Renegade Masters vs. Horde vs. Skeletor's Army vs. Snakemen - thus creating the 2nd Ultimate Battleground.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

You're missing one bit...

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkhide View Post
    Well, what I'm assuming, based on the bios, it goes like this:

-Faker was used to discredit He-Man, while He-Man was away in Despondos, giving Adora the Sword of Protection. Which also puts some doubt on the other Masters.

-He-Man & She-Ra come back to Eternia, unwelcomed. The Masters are no longer around as a full group after the events of Faker.

-He-Man & She-Ra defeat Faker, but it's not enough to clear his name.

-The Horde follow them and during a first strike, Randor is banished away (or killed, whichever they do).

-Eternos is then ransacked heavily, since the Masters are no longer on the front lines of the Kingdom.

-The Horde take over both Eternos, forcing the scattered Masters to go into exile before being able to regroup to combat the Horde.

-Marlena is forced into hiding, along with Adam & Adora (but not really as it would be a ploy to let He-Man & She-Ra continue fighting full-time).

-There is no Kingdom for any of the Royal Family to run, as it's all become Horde Territory.

-During this point, the fighting becomes Renegade Masters vs. Horde vs. Skeletor's Army vs. Snakemen - thus creating the 2nd Ultimate Battleground.
    -Skeletor wins. Furthermore, he goes into space to conquer the rest of the Horde Empire.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Quote Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
    You're missing one bit...

-Skeletor wins. Furthermore, he goes into space to conquer the rest of the Horde Empire.
    Right, I know. I just stopped since, the point of why or why not there would be a King Adam was made. But of course Skeletor wins. He's got to win against the Horde/Snakemen/Whomever, so that in the end, it's just him vs. He-Man in a final battle without anyone else's influence/interference.

I'm guessing Randor is dethroned only when He-Man is dragged off into space to fight Skeletor and the Space Mutants - otherwise Hordak would never be able to defeat the Masters ...

Thus with He-Man away, it is impossible for Adam to assume the throne ...

But I wonder after the 2nd Ultimate Battlefield - if that is indeed the battle to resolve the war between the free universe, the Horde, Snake Men and Skeletor's forces - and Randor is returned from whatever dungeon he has been sent to and Adam is able to resume a normal life without needing to be He-Man all the time, won't it be time for Eternia to experience democracy?

Surely an Eternia without threat of Skeletor, King Hiss and Hordak would be safe enough to adopt a democratic and free structure of governance rather than maintain a monarchical structure? Especially if as has been speculated Faker has been used to tarnish the reputations of the Royal Family and their defenders.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    If the royal family has been dethroned, then they are all outlaws. They wouldn't be allowed to be recognized as royalty, since the new "regime" has taken over. The only people who would/could recognize them as royalty at that point, would be the small group of loyalists, and of course, the Masters.

It's basically the Great Rebellion: the Eternian version from that point on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkhide View Post

Actually, according to the bios, She-Ra and the Rebellion follows the Horde to Eternia, not the other way around.

Yes, that's what I see as well. I'm also sure that Marlena would be privy to their secret at some point, if she isn't already.

Agreed. It's just like the Shah of Iran being exiled. Neither he, nor his family is seen as royalty, until the regime that usurped him is supplanted.
    Last edited by SAMURAI36; June 20, 2010 at 02:24pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post

a woman rulling?!?! bwa haha with their smaller than a male's, lady brain ,how could they ever make decisions not related to cooking, baby making or shoes?!?!

Just Kidding......
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by SAMURAI36 View Post
    If the royal family has been dethroned, then they are all outlaws. They wouldn't be allowed to be recognized as royalty, since the new "regime" has taken over. The only people who would/could recognize them as royalty at that point, would be the small group of loyalists, and of course, the Masters.

It's basically the Great Rebellion: the Eternian version from that point on.

Actually, according to the bios, She-Ra and the Rebellion follows the Horde to Eternia, not the other way around.
    Oh, ah...I didn't remember that part. Thanks for the correction.

Perhaps Adam and the other Masters know where Randor is (Despondos?) and that is why no one has stepped up. I am ineterested in where Marlena is during all of this. maybe holed up in Grayskull alongside the Masters? I have always like the idea that Point Dread is their Base of Operations while they act as a Rebellion against the Horde...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I have always like the idea that Point Dread is their Base of Operations while they act as a Rebellion against the Horde...
    I like that. *plots*