Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A possible explanation for Evil Lyn's skin colour

A possible explanation for Evil Lyn's skin colour

With the recent reveal of Gygor's bio, it has shown that Evil Lyn is either the biggest villain in MOTUC or just plain irresponsible.

The reason for the inevitable repaint of Evil Lyn in 200x colours could infact be the consequence of her actions. Her punishment could be the change in her skin colour, almost like an extreme version of the scarlett letter.

Just a thought

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Maybe it's just severe jaundice.

I'm Awesome Sauce! Grange Wallis's Avatar
    Or a really horrible yeast infection!

Personally, all poor taste jokes aside... It was either the production ran with the wrong colour and it was too late to change the colour for release, or the designers in the 80's believed that the yellow was more eye-catching and would help sell the figure with a more eye attracting colour like yellow...
    Being a kid in the 80's scarred my life! In an awesome way! so many fantastic cartoons and toylines!!!
    Follow my art & Animations @ my blog! http://grangewallis.wordpress.com/

she should have her liver checked out..

We were going to have a "magical upgrade" of sorts be the reason for her yellow skin in the 2002 comic... but we never got that far story-wise.

"See for yourself what became of me when I embraced the darkness"

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I always considered the skin color changed a magic upgrade myself. Makes the most sense. Definitely makes her an EVIL WARRIOR GODDESS.

Heroic Warrior
    I may be in the minority but I don't see a need for the explanation. The classic toy was yellow and she was yellow in some media in the 80's. I think it's a stylistic approach. If you prefer the pale version then that's your Lyn but I don't think it needs to be a progression of dark powers to justify her "turning" yellow. To some of us she is just a yellow girl in a blue outfit with crazy powers.

That's what a lot of people thought about keldor before the story about the purple skinned race that he's a part of came out.
    bnl4life

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Ever thought that's the way she was born? You don't know her mother, so it could be that there are some yellow people walking around Eternia. (Not to be racist or anything)

I'm also curious about how much Evil-lyn get's used in the new cannon. This chick is behind almost every bad thing going on in now. She freed the Snakemen. She freed the Horde. She freed Gygor. What's up with her?
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Ever thought that's the way she was born? You don't know her mother, so it could be that there are some yellow people walking around Eternia. (Not to be racist or anything)

I'm also curious about how much Evil-lyn get's used in the new cannon. This chick is behind almost every bad thing going on in now. She freed the Snakemen. She freed the Horde. She freed Gygor. What's up with her?
    Just wait til she frees Tibet.

All it took was one drunken night with Skeletor... She should probably get tested.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

A big fan of Slush Head
    I did a comic explaining how I think it happened

I wonder if they will ever explain this in MOTUC. It would be cool to know how it happened in an official way.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Based on the irresponsible nature or her... It was probably just a spell gone wrong...

Like a chemistry set burning off your eyebrows

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Based on the irresponsible nature or her... It was probably just a spell gone wrong...

Like a chemistry set burning off your eyebrows
    LOL!! I can see that happening.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post

perhaps there is a race of yellow skinned people on Eternia, but they've never been seen in any of the shows, & EL had pale skin on both shows while only the toy and a few minicomics had her with yellow skin.

there should be an explaination as to why there's such a major change.... but I suppose it's simply to make her figure look as different from Teela as possible, given that only the head is different.

as far as 'what's up with her'? Simple... she doesn't like people being oppressed or imprisoned. either that, or she believes she'll be rewarded with more power by helping all these villans she helps set free.

Quote Originally Posted by Agostinho View Post
    I always considered the skin color changed a magic upgrade myself. Makes the most sense. Definitely makes her an EVIL WARRIOR GODDESS.
    Yeah, i'd be inclined to believe that too. maybe her magic actually backfired & caused her skin color to change.... much like the Emporer's looks changed in SW Ep. 3.

question is, would Evil Lynn like the change in her appearance, or would that fuel her rage that much more? Would she consider herself a 'freak' now, much like alot of Skeletor's other 'altered' warriors such as Trap-jaw, Tri-klops, Two-Bad, Stinkor etc.?
    would Skeletor find her more attractive with her new 'less human' skin color, and would she try to regain his affections?

so many questions.....
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

I'd like to think that it's just yellow body paint and that she's into body painting and other sexy things!

Teela seems to be too, when she shows up as the Green Goddess!
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    I really don't like the idea that the "yellow skin" is a punishment. That's just silly, in my eyes, and it weakens her character. I like strong female characters in MOTU. Perhaps she is yellow because she is glowing with magical energy? The change should be seen as an evolution in her powers. One that Evil-Lyn would be proud of.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Cool Comic, Mike! Where can I check out more of it? I hope the Sorceress is in it!
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Heroic Warrior
    I like to think that there are 3 looks to Evil-Lyn. 1st. look is her younger self from the 200x ep I think it was in the price of deceit. 2nd look is after she joins Keldor, maybe she learns a new spell to gain more power and the yellow skin proof of that spell working or something like that, and for her 3rd look is after Skeletor is going punish/kill Evil-Lyn for betraying him for the last time before he goes after Hordak. She gets saved by He-Man and she goes to her father to change her ways and learns from him and she returns in her 200x looks. At least that is what i like to think.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Cool Comic, Mike! Where can I check out more of it? I hope the Sorceress is in it!
    Thanks Blue You can check that story and another one right here:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185221

Quote Originally Posted by Grange Wallis View Post
    Or a really horrible yeast infection!
    This sounds like a job for PROBE-OR, EVIL MASTER OF GYNECOLOGY!

Mike, those were awesome! My only problem is that I don't think Evil-Lyn would ever lose to Shadow Weaver, not if Castaspella can beat her with a big Teddy Bear.

I laughed out loud at Frosta's comment about not having a garden.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    For me theres no difference betwen both versions, it's only the light that surrounds her
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    We were going to have a "magical upgrade" of sorts be the reason for her yellow skin in the 2002 comic... but we never got that far story-wise.
    That's perfect. I'd always imagined it was somehow the result of magic.