Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DC52 Goddess in MOTUC

DC52 Goddess in MOTUC

Including the DC Comics version of Goddess in the newest poll presents an opportunity for MOTU fans to let Mattel know that we want a replacement in our collections for the Goddess figure we already received. Polls have shown that roughly a third of the Goddess figures already opened have damaged hips, necks and other parts as the result of a manufacturing error. The redesigned Goddess figure would give us a non-translucent version with a stylish snake staff, cape, and non-articulated abs. The figure could be designed in a way that we can easily swap the parts from our existing Goddess figure onto the new one to display her in classic mini comic form or with the new DC 52 look. Ideally it would be better to introduce her in the polls after the supporting comic book has already been released, so it's important MOTU fans vote for her now so that we can give her a proper comparison in the next round of voting when we've had a chance to see more of her. Issue #12 comes out 4/30. Follow the link below for a teaser!

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/he-ma...he-universe-12

Last edited by AdultCollector; October 5, 2015 at 08:26pm.

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Including the DC Comics version of Goddess in the newest poll presents an opportunity for MOTU fans to let Mattel know that we want a replacement in our collections for the Goddess figure we already received. Polls have shown that roughly a third of the Goddess figures already opened have damaged hips, necks and other parts as the result of a manufacturing error. The redesigned Goddess figure would give us a non-translucent version with a stylish snake staff, cape, and non-articulated abs. The figure could be designed in a way that we can easily swap the parts from our existing Goddess figure onto the new one to display her in classic mini comic form or with the new DC 52 look. Ideally it would be better to introduce her in the polls after the supporting comic book has already been released, so it's important MOTU fans vote for her now so that we can give her a proper comparison in the next round of voting when we've had a chance to see more of her. Issue #12 comes out 4/30. Follow the link below for a teaser!

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/he-ma...he-universe-12

http://i.minus.com/ibxbSv0kHVJGQ.jpg

http://i1.minus.com/ibfDqDLCHqif77.jpg
    Sounds logical to me. Though based on recent interviews, we have a few years before expecting any re-do's and New 52 inspired designs. Still, based on the figure's history and this one's different design, I wouldn't be surprised if she would be towards the top of Matty's re-do list come after 2016.

Heroic Warrior
    Not at all interested in anything out of the DC comics. Not at all.

I don't like anything about them - and given the precipitous slide in sales since inception it doesn't look as if I'm on my own in rejecting them, either.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'd buy her.

While my Goddess hasn't broke yet, I never liked the translucent version that we got in 2009.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I'd buy her.

While my Goddess hasn't broke yet, I never liked the translucent version that we got in 2009.
    Mine has, so I'm more then ready to buy that redesign. Judging from the cover, she seems to have more of a Frazetta-ish redesign that suits my collection anyway, though I understand that doesn't please everyone. If they do the New52 designs, guess it's best to sprinkle them lightly within whatever else they'll have by then (assuming all the vintage figures will be done by then).

I don't like much of the DC series design-wise, but the Goddess looks great on that cover and I'd take a figure of her.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

I love this design of her. Would make a great figure.
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack

This is a fantastic alternate look for The Goddess, and I would love to add her to my collection. (As far as DC goes, The Goddess, Despara, and any look for Teela would be great to me.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

even though I know the Green Goddess was a mess for alot of people (myself included. took 2 or 3 years but yeah it broke, but I fixed it) I dont need to get another of her. Mine is fine post fix (for now) and I dont want a second.

However, yes verily yes I would buy this awesome looking design. Oh goddess yes. now this is something I could put to display. My Goddess is with the Preternians. This Goddess could go with my Royal Family.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm all over this even if my Goddess is unbroken and looking fine. Anytime a figure who is not Teela is not wearing the exact same tunic, I am happy. This design brings her into her own and makes her more than Teela repainted.
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and original here

Did they make her evil in that comic? I hope not.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Did they make her evil in that comic? I hope not.
    She hasn't actually shown up yet. However, in the comic continuity they have apparently made the Goddess the same entity as Zoar, Serpos, and the Starseed. As described she is kind of an uncaring, aloof goddess who wouldn't particularly care if humanity gets wiped out by the Horde. But then it turned out the guy saying all this was

King Hiss in disguise

so who knows how truthful those statements turn out to be.

Goddess survived Poll#11 and will be joining the other finalists in Round 2! Give her your support in Week 7 and help bring her to Classics!
    Last edited by AdultCollector; October 5, 2015 at 08:26pm.

LOL! It's another Teela variant!

The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

My Goddess figure is still holding up fine but that's because I don't move her at all, which is a shame. I'd like to pose her in all sorts of neat combat stances but I'm afraid her legs will pop off.

I always thought a 2.0 Goddess would be cool and this redesign of her would be nice to have. I'd like to see her done in opaque green plastic, rather than the translucent stuff, to further make her a unique variant. That way, I could have her back to training He-Men full time!
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

The Green Goddess is in the Top 35! She's probably the very next New 52 DC character that will be made.

The Blonde Teela Thread

I put her as my number one. She screams club exclusive!

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    She's my #1 want, as well! Would love to see her as a figure!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The Green Goddess is in the Top 35! She's probably the very next New 52 DC character that will be made.
    She is also the only version of Teela that appeared on Gerard Parel's drawing for The Art of He-Man and The Masters of The Universe book, presenting the major players of the MOTU Universe (Battle Cat Man excluded of course, lol):

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I put her as my number one. She screams club exclusive!
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamandra View Post
    She's my #1 want, as well! Would love to see her as a figure!
    She was my number #1 as well. It's a nice update from being essentially a green Teela.

The Blonde Teela Thread

If they do her, they should design her in such a way that you can swap some parts and make her look like the Alcala Goddess.

I already have the Green Goddess released early in the line so another one is of no interest to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    If they do her, they should design her in such a way that you can swap some parts and make her look like the Alcala Goddess.
    I couldn't agree with this more. When I was planning MY fictional post MOTUC line, all the 2.0s were going to be deluxe variants "sets" & I wanted the Goddess set to be one of the 1st 4-6 Deluxe New "MOTUC" sets.

I wanted something like this (Unfortunately if Mattel used the BG Teela buck, this would be almost impossible):

GODDESS 2.0 Deluxe figure set including:

*Teela 1.0 Buck (like Queen Marlena's MOTUC swappable armor/dress)
    * Goddess 1.0 Tunic in flexible plastic (like BG Evil-Lyn)
    * Goddess 1.0 Head, Snake armor, Spear & Shield
    * New 52 Goddess Head
    * New 52 Goddess armor (with the armor pieces accounting for both her curvy torso and overlay snake armor/cape)
    * New 52 Goddess Snake Staff
    * Snake Head (1 of the Snake Men heads cast in Goddess pale green that can be put on the buck to make a Female Snake warrior/sorceress) --(& you can easily modify to make the male Snake head fit the plug).

(Originally my idea was before seeing the New 52 Goddess was to have a sturdier semi-translucent Buck that would accommodate a Deluxe "Vintage Goddess 2.0 + Snake Goddess" figure set, & that would still be my preference! But seeing the New 52 Goddess doing so well in the polls, this would be a GREAT Deluxe figure for anyone looking for a new sturdier Goddess 1.0 OR the New DC 52 Goddess, & the generic Snake warrior head would be a great way to include a female Snake Warrior & entice multiple sales for customers wanting all three looks!

So I agree, a way to make a MOTUC mini-comic Goddess that will NOT explode, PLUS having it be able to make a nice New 52 Goddess is the way to go in my opinion!

The New 52 Goddess is the only new 52 MOTU figure I would ever want though truthfully.
    Last edited by invisibleboy; October 5, 2015 at 05:49pm.
    invisibleboy - Unseen, But DEFINITELY NOT Unheard! Sorry bout it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I already have the Green Goddess released early in the line so another one is of no interest to me.
    It would be nice to have one that can be posed without fear of breaking, though.