Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Songster discussion in MOTUC

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I think Songster would be best as an SDCC exclusive WITH a DVD of the full Power Tour! I know I read somewhere this year that someone has a full copy of it (I think the Toy Masters Documentary people mentioned it, so it COULD be the Wadsworths who played He-Man and She-Ra...or the main guy behind the Pour Tour. It DOES exist and someone has it). That would be REALLY cool to finally be able to watch the Pour Tour in its entirety!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Subscription exclusive would be a sweet deal. I would support that.
    Not in favor of a monthly figure though.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    TG read: Songster is Celice brother

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I think Songster would be a great MOTUC figure if the line lasts long enough. I'd want a lot more of the vintage POP characters and more popular Filmation Characters first though
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Heroic Warrior
    Sorry, I can't support that character...

I was just watching "search for a son" And realized that I think that Songster should be Philip, Mekanecks son from the episode. He learned how to play his flute to hypontize people,and always wanted to play in front of the king and queen. That shouldbe his power and when he grows up becomes the bard of the rpyal court.

I'm signing on for the Songster hype. I didn't know he was in the comics. Those last 2-3 issues of the Star Comics are monumental, easily among the comics I remember best from my childhood. Yet I cannot recall seeing that Songster note.

I'd really like to see him as a MOTUC, but I also understand that it's a weird on. It will cause a nerd rage if he's included in a sub.

SDCC Exclusive with a Power Tour DVD? Yes please! Those beyond-low-quality clips I've seen from the Power Tour: Not bad, not bad at all. Better than several more popular musicals, all though I won't mention any. Don't want you to think I watch musicals.
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/

Would this character look better with a smaller buck?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Evil Henchman of Hordak Louis649's Avatar
    What will say his package title, master of the rock of love?
    I'm Skeletor, master of evil! All of you should show respect for the awful one.

I am Grizzlor #1 fan!

Songsters real identity should be Kevin from the 1987 live-action movie!
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

I'm a YES for Songster!

In a previous thread I posted I would like to have him since he is a part of the Universe but of course give him a nice twist:
    Songster would be a semi-villain in my theory making him the Mischievous Minstrel of Eternia where he's more of a rogue than a true at heart baddie. He's a traveling musician who has the ability to 'influence' others with his vocal cords allowing him to travel the realms as a thief, vagabond what have you. In a scenario (which I kinda used for my spin of his bio story) he controls a whole village as much intro story would have him when he crosses path with He-Man.

I have even modified him to the point where he has similar abilities to that of Banshee where when he really needs to fight he can create something similar to the 'Sonic Scream'.

Make Mine Songster!!!
    Last edited by Nemisythe; October 21, 2013 at 10:52pm.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Curious if ppl are still wanting this guy?

I want him! His updated design in the recent mini-comic looked pretty good!

I feel his placement in the time line should be in the SOH period. For numbers sake & his usefulness to the story & his unique abilities (to say if he has some cool ones). Also feel he would fit in well with the other characters of that time without feeling looked over.

I think Songster COULD be made in Classics with minimal new parts...

Here's my Mostly Kitbashed recipe for a MOTUC Songster.
    Head: New
    Torso: He-Man
    Abs: Hordak
    Choker: New
    Torso Armor: New (cape is attached to armor.)
    Loincloth: Mosquitor
    Thighs: New
    Shins: Demo-Man
    Feet: Stratos or Icer
    Shoulders: King Hssss
    Biceps: Mosquitor
    Forearms and hands: Bow (For Guitar use)
    While new arms and forearms would be cool, with their poofy sleeves, Articulation is very needed for Guitar playing poses.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    I think Songster COULD be made in Classics with minimal new parts...
    http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g5...lassicized.jpg
    Here's my Mostly Kitbashed recipe for a MOTUC Songster.
    Head: New
    Torso: He-Man
    Abs: Hordak
    Choker: New
    Torso Armor: New (cape is attached to armor.)
    Loincloth: Mosquitor
    Thighs: New
    Shins: Demo-Man
    Feet: Stratos or Icer
    Shoulders: King Hssss
    Biceps: Mosquitor
    Forearms and hands: Bow (For Guitar use)
    While new arms and forearms would be cool, with their poofy sleeves, Articulation is very needed for Guitar playing poses.
    I love it!

he has realistically been my most wanted figure for a long time now.

As I've said time and again this line is the completion of a dream of having an all inclusive line with everything represented, and the Power Tour deserves to be included, and Songster is unique to that and deserves to be in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    he has realistically been my most wanted figure for a long time now.

As I've said time and again this line is the completion of a dream of having an all inclusive line with everything represented, and the Power Tour deserves to be included, and Songster is unique to that and deserves to be in MOTUC.
    I agree, and also believe this is the figure that TG is talking about that people are going to be like " huh, this figure is being made" over others, but I totally think he deserves a spot on the roster for motuc. As this is an all encompassing toyline, he is the only unique character to come out of the power tour, which was happening around the time the original toyline, Was one of the front runners for the fan vote, has appeared in the new mini comics, has a trademark, and was one of the names appearing as a shoe in along with sky high( who was just made) for the list of characters that Mattel was making.

I bet he gets made before 2016

I wouldn't buy this figure if the fate of the line depended on it. ...ok maybe then...but I would rather buy 20 mighty spectors first!

Okay, so I popped in to find out who Songster was. I was expecting the nameless harp player from the Laughing Swan. WHOA ! He looks like Adrien Zmed went Liberace. Then I kept reading and saw the redo on him. And then read about the horsemen doing the Psycho Circus Kiss figures. Then I said HELL YEAH, lets do this. Put Bow and Songster rockin out and Glimmer and Frosta can be groupies.

- - - Updated - - -

So, I haven't been able to watch the power tour, but I had to look this guy up. AND, this guy is pretty impressive. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Howard_(musician).

I read earlier in the thread suggestion to interview him. If there is really and interest, I'll do it.
    And like it or not, The power tour still holds the record at Radio City Music Hall for the most consecutive sold out shows. Doug deserves a figure.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    i still go back to it.

the only way I accept songster, is if his bio reveals that he is secretly KEVIN, from the MOTU movie!!

Well, i found the Roast-Gooble Dinner interview. So I guess that's taken care of. That's the bad thing about being late to a party, you never know what you've missed.

Snappy Threader
    I hope we see Songster someday. I already have some custom musical instruments for him somewhere...

Keeping the dream alive, YEAH BABY!!!!!
    "My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"
    Marquis de Sade
    "The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves."
    George Washington
    My B/S/T list
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...and-trade-list

I can handle vintage, N/A, POP, MYP, ANYTHING but this. I will have to duct tape him to a rocket and send if off into the sky far far away if I am forced to buy something like this.