Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Songster discussion in MOTUC

I like the redesign that Darkspecter posted on page 1.
    I'll lead you into danger
    And all that troubles man
    I'll lead you far from hunger
    Just take my frozen hand

Heroic Warrior
    Well, we got Mo-Larr...

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Hells yeah! Songster is the David Bowie of Eternia (minus the talent)!

Actually, I'd dig a MOTUC Songster but only if they did an overhaul on him and made him more of a Medieval traveling minstrel type. I also wouldn't mind someone like Scrollos from the UK comics. It's fun having characters wandering around who know the folklore and fables of Eternia. Not everyone has to be a warrior or a mage.

~Penny~
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Dear God...no...I like a bit of camp but this is too far!!! We might as well have that awful dude from the NA episode 'Rock to the Future'...

Something like Mo-Larr works because it has the support of Robot Chicken and that fanbase. Something like this would make a laughing stock of MOTUC if you ask me...

Maybe Songster could be MOTUC's swan 'song' when they've done everyone else.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Hells yeah! Songster is the David Bowie of Eternia (minus the talent)!

Actually, I'd dig a MOTUC Songster but only if they did an overhaul on him and made him more of a Medieval traveling minstrel type. I also wouldn't mind someone like Scrollos from the UK comics. It's fun having characters wandering around who know the folklore and fables of Eternia. Not everyone has to be a warrior or a mage.

~Penny~
    If he does get made, I think this is the best way to go about it.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    MY EYES, MY EYES, THEY STILL BURN!!!!!!!!!!

What in the **** was that? Voice dubbed awfulness. I'm going to have to say no to Songster. But at least his performance was a little better than his picture.
    LOL! That was my thought exactly! It was a monstrosity and yet I couldn't look away. That's a big whopping no for Songster for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyboy Prime View Post
    I really want him. As in now! I love the idea of a traveling minstrel in the MOTU.

Am I the only one who wants never before produced characters more than anything else?
    I too would love this. It's just so kitchy and unique like that old style sillyness that just ruled in this line. Plus that there never was a toy and they could make one, anything to expand the "all inclusiveness" of the line.

She-Ra has Bow, why not He-Man having his Songster?

When I discovered how they intended to use this line as a catch all, this was one of (if not the very first) character I thought of.

Bring it on!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I had no idea what songster was, and after seeing the pic and having coffee come out my nose!

I WANT him!!

If for no other reason than to annoy all the people who thought Mo-Larr was a good idea!

BRING ON SONGSTER!!!!!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I want him. I want him now. I think he's VERY interesting, would be an excellent addition to MOTUC and I'm more interested in him than some MOTU characters! I know, everybody gasp!

I like him more than Gygor.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Elder Councilman
    for some reason I have visions of the Honky Tonk Man in my head...and not in a good way
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

The fan re-design of this character is really good. I would like to see him at some point.

I'd like a Songster... BUT I don't see Mattel going out of their way to make one... IF they did I'm guessing he'd reuse as many parts as possible. (No smaller body for him... I suppose)

-First the poofy sleeves might be out... (I'd expect to see the return of the Triklops lower arms... Or He-Ro's just to break the monotony of the Trike Lower Arms.)

-Maybe we might get new thighs with the top of his boot sculpted. (Or a band that is slipped on and glued each thigh before the He-Ro or whatever boot is attached on to the lower leg.)

-A New loincloth if NA He-Man/Bow or whoever uses the Tights type Loincloth hasn't been made yet.

-Hordak Abs will probably be used on him. Like Optikk, his Torso will be in two colors.

-His Armor should have the V neck and the Shoulder pads.

-Add a She-Ra-esque choker/cape

-Obvious New head, hopefully with the curly mullet.

-His "guitar" could double up as a weapon kinda like She-Ra's Axe-Comb.

Etheria has its Bard in Bow, now let Eternia have its bard... We got Mo-Larr... Songster is needed!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I had to laugh when I saw a request for him turn up in the Q&A, mostly because the other options involved fear or anger.

As usual, Buffalo Bill Man made him look almost figure-worthy, but I have so give a big vote of NO on this figure. Maybe in 2017. Maybe.

A Defender of Grayskull coolapex's Avatar
    At first I though NO!!
    But after watching the youtube video it's a big HELL NO!!
    What's next Crackers the clown?

Actually ... with a pirate, space cowboy, spring-legged man, etc, a clown character would fit in just nicely!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Well, I can't deny there are plenty of characters I would rather they got to first.... but I would absolutely buy a Songster figure if Mattel released one.

He might be better suited as a subscription exclusive than a regular release though, so those who don't want him can avoid him. I think in a couple of years time when we've had more New Adventures characters in the line he could probably be cobbled together from mostly reused parts and a new head (with interchangable hair-styles of course).

yes i would definitely buy him.

Sign me up for Songster!!! I think he would be a great, kitschy addition to this line! Hell's yeah!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Ummmmm no.

Heroic Warrior
    Heroes need bards to tell their exploits and to keep their name through the ages. A Songster figure would be welcome, BUT the character would need to be revisited and revamped.

It would also be a welcome change to the warriors/wizards/monsters/small characters routine.

I think Mattel should let the 4 Horsemen sculpt their vision and their version of Songster.

Of course, an exact replica of the actor performing during the 80's "Tour" would be a big no-no. But I think there's definitely enough room in the MOTU-verse for a Songster figure.

In any way - and in my opinion - a Songster figure would be way more licit, valid and interesting than the lame non-MOTU "Eternian dentist" !
    Last edited by Spectror; July 17, 2010 at 04:57pm.

I like the idea of non-warriors in this line, so I'd gladly buy one or two SONGSTORs.

I'd like his bio to include that he entertains in the city of Eternos exclusively and often performs for the monarchy. He could be a really humorous character, seeing as how he would try to make a song out of the heroes' exploits, and it would sometimes be very complicated.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

If they do release Songster in MOTUC, I think it should be one of the last figures released, if not THE last figure.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

I'd buy him.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Doug Howard played Songster in the Power Tour.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ent%2Fca-518_1

I can't find any info on him though.

Off-topic: He-Man and She-Ra were played by husband and wife, like Tally said.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Awesome! well theres three 'Doug Howards' on IMDB, but only this one sorta seems close!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...2Fnm1362051%2F

right era of activity -1987
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]