Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Songster discussion in MOTUC

Bring forth the Spoony Bard but with the awesome 4 Horsemen power! I believe he will rock!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I've said it on the podcast. I definitely want him.
    But NOT as he appeared on the Power Tour.
    Actually, I don't want any of the versions from the Power Tour.

But having a bard-like character in MOTU makes perfect sense,
    so updating his look for MOTUC would be awesome IMO.
    I already know that the 4H can update his look to include some subtle nods to the Power Tour, without making him look like a glam 80s reject.
    In the 4H we trust!

My thoughts exactly.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I had less than no interest in this figure but if they make Songster Kevin from the movie then I would like and buy him.

Heroic Warrior
    It's possible to request a prototype AF to 4H?

I think it is much simple to decide, if we can see what they will do, with him
    Gesų č venuto per salvarci dal peccato, ma continuo a vedere peccatori.
    Thor ci protegge dai demoni e dai giganti di ghiaccio, ed in effetti non ne vedo in giro.
    --------------------
    Gesų č nato da una coppia di fatto, con la fecondazione assistita
    --------------------
    Luca Bizzarri: "Non posso pensare bipartisan, io penso per i fa**i miei"

Quote Originally Posted by fa.gian. View Post
    It's possible to request a prototype AF to 4H?

I think it is much simple to decide, if we can see what they will do, with him
    That's very unlikely.
    the 4H must be paid to create a figure, and Mattel wouldn't reveal a figure if they don't already plan to produce it.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Isnīt Bow the bard already? But i would like a Kevin figure.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    I wouldn't prioritize him over many OTHER characters who have never had figures, or didn't get the 4H treatment in 200x, but I agree that the 4H could definitely deliver an awesome interpretation of him.

Drop the overt "electric guitar-ness" of the accessory, and make it more of a lute/battle axe, and there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Isnīt Bow the bard already? But i would like a Kevin figure.
    He doubles as that, but as Emiliano mentioned before he's actually a combination of an archer and a separate character that was supposed to be the bard.

Bow's really more of an archer.

I'd love to have a separate story-teller character. Someone who isn't really there to fight.

I also like the idea of him being Kevin. That's really cool.

Skip out with those Glam look and I am okay.

Use Kevin Moore's younger days and look as a reference will be extra sweet to me.

Edit: You know what? Skip Kevin and take Prince as a reference.
    Last edited by Fendi; December 19, 2010 at 04:13pm.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    A bard/minstrel in MOTU makes 100% sense. I too would love it if they made Songster but redesigned him to make him look more like a medieval bard and less like a David Bowie wannabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    A bard/minstrel in MOTU makes 100% sense. I too would love it if they made Songster but redesigned him to make him look more like a medieval bard and less like a David Bowie wannabe.
    Hell, do both at the same time. Medieval bard David Bowie wannabe. This is Masters of the Universe, after all.

For the sake of MOTU, no thx on Songster. We don't need every single character that shows up somewhere or said in a book just to make a story or another D-list action figure character. Don't get me wrong MOTUC kicks you know what!!! But, some things should be left alone. JMO

I'd be down for a character called Songster, but my idea would be a little different. One- make this an Etherian character so that Bow isn't the only guy on She-Ra's side of things. Two- give him a couple of music-themed weapons... a mean axe (guitar pun intended), a flute (that could double as a spear-like weapon), and a shield that pulls apart into a pair of cymbals. Don't laugh! Each weapon/instrument could do something pretty bad-ass... a certain guitar lick could produce a sound capable of twisting metal, a tune on the flute could lull armies to sleep, and clashing the cymbals together can shatter rock. Or... something like that. I say let the 4H take this somewhat cornball idea and run with it... it's totally a classic Masters/PoP kind of concept!

I definitely wont be upset if they never get to Songster in MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I'd be down for a character called Songster, but my idea would be a little different. One- make this an Etherian character so that Bow isn't the only guy on She-Ra's side of things. Two- give him a couple of music-themed weapons... a mean axe (guitar pun intended), a flute (that could double as a spear-like weapon), and a shield that pulls apart into a pair of cymbals. Don't laugh! Each weapon/instrument could do something pretty bad-ass... a certain guitar lick could produce a sound capable of twisting metal, a tune on the flute could lull armies to sleep, and clashing the cymbals together can shatter rock. Or... something like that. I say let the 4H take this somewhat cornball idea and run with it... it's totally a classic Masters/PoP kind of concept!
    I dig this train of thought on Songster. I'd welcome it as part of a MOTUC figure.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I'll buy Mo-Larr and pay double for him before I'll buy a Songster figure!
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    MY VISION OF SONGSTER:

Songster and Spinerella are brother and sister. They travelled through Eternia with their show band. They did performances for the villagers, but they were kidnapped by the Horde and used as slaves in Etheria, but later were freed by She-Ra and both join to the Great Rebellion using their uniques habilities.

Songster apparently died in a mission and he wandered through Etheria telling stories about a man of incredible power called He-man that will defeat Hordak and free Etheria forever. This can be seen as something innocent, but the phocuses of rebellion were getting stronger aimed for that stories and Hordak send Grizzlor with the mission of kill Songster. He was saved by Gwildor and he now lives in the court of Eternia. Gwildor created a Shock-Guitar for Songster, that can play music and also be used as a weapon that uses sonic powers in order to help the Masters of the Universe!
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    I agree.

I want a Songster character (he is mentioned in the last issue of the MOTU Star Comics too, as having written a song/poem about the destruction of Grayskull).

He CANNOT look like the Power Tour design lol. That was a Broadway show design, not an action figure design. I DO Broadway shows and I don't even want that design!!

Make him medieval bard-like with some sci-fi touches.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I want him. If there could be any chance ir could be kevin would make it even more awesome.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, my love of obscure crazy characters tells me I want a Songster figure. Especially if he's really Kevin from the 87 movie. And I can't get that song out of my head.

Masters of the Un-i-veeeeerse!!

I can see him as a sub or con exclusive.

I'd definately want a Songster figure with a "Pick of Destiny" forged from a chip of the Ram Stone. He could play killer trash-metal solos that invoce a mini Ram-goat from his instrument and boost up moral!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Please please make songster

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeTeela View Post
    I definitely wont be upset if they never get to Songster in MOTUC
    Neither do I.

I definitely think that Songster could be a cool addition. I say bring him on, I'd buy him.