Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classic FAKER!!! (2009 NYCC Exclusive)

Heroic Warrior

MOTU Classic FAKER!!! (2009 NYCC Exclusive)

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Well, I just happen to go on Matty Collector.com just now, to see an update
    for the MOTU Classic news, and lo-and-behold, Faker is here!

Hey MOTU collectors!

We're getting closer to the release of MOTU Classics. Everyone on the MattyCollector.comSM team is so appreciative of all our
    fan's patience as we work around the clock to get these figures correct before bringing them to market.

We will be launching the MOTU Classics brand page here on MattyCollector.com in early November with release dates, photo guides
    and up-to-the-minute information about the MOTU Classics brand. It looks to be a very exciting 2009 with at least one new figure each
    month starting with a double delivery of He-Man® and Beast Man® in December.

What's that? You want more? Well how about the NY Comic Con Faker® figure!
    That's right, in addition to the February figure Stratos®, Faker® will also be available at NY Comic Con
    (with additional supply available in March here at MattyCollector.com). But get him first at the show!

PS: And yes, he will have the computer graphic under his armor! We wouldn't do the fans wrong!

So, there is the NY Comic-Con exclusive for '09! I am pretty excited over this one, so it means a double MOTU month in February, as well!
    I am also happy that we will se him for sale on the site a few weeks later, since I probably won't make the show.

Discuss!
    Last edited by Dino_Ranger_White; October 30, 2008 at 03:23pm.
    "White Ranger... Dino Power"

Cool! Of course, I rather see a picture of the new Teela figure. But Faker is cool.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Never liked faker. One of the cheapest characters ever. Ik think this is a bad choice.

Edit: I actually would like to change my poll that I will not be buying all Motuc figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post
    Never liked faker. One of the cheapest characters ever. Ik think this is a bad choice.

Edit: I actually would like to change my poll that I will not be buying all Motuc figures.
    Well, what did ya expect? Faker was bound to show up... He's a fan favourite!

Happy to see him joining the ranks of MOTUC!
    That guy's got my name on 'im!

Quote Originally Posted by the fixer View Post
    Well, what did ya expect? Faker was bound to show up... He's a fan favourite!:
    And I never understood that.. I didn't like him when I was 8 and I still don't now. I understand people would like him in the MOTUC like, but an exclusive should have been more special that a repaint.
    Anyway, nice to see others are happy with it.

VERY VERY COOOOL Faker,bought,of course!

And guys have you seen the paint of that Faker?!?
    Looked like an updated Cardback PIC!!!

REALLY GREATFUL.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Why is Faker always an exclusive?

Anyways, I'm happy we're getting him...but something doesn't look quite right. King Grayskull all the way to Skeletor (all the figures shown) have good looking paint jobs...but Faker looks really...cheap to me. Maybe it's because the blue is too reflective or something. I just hope the final product doesn't look cheap.

Also...what's up with his hair? Take a look at Faker vs. He-Man:

It looks like Faker's hair isn't glued on right/not centered or they made the hair too small for the head? I'm confused, but He-Man looks 1000 times better than Faker...yet they're the same?

EDIT: Also, I find the silver kind of off-putting. I prefer the 80's black belt and dark purple bracelettes:

Last edited by Darkspecter; October 30, 2008 at 04:09pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    I'm still not sold 100% on the style of these figures (I want to see how they work in the females, and the other shows like She-Ra and NA), but there's something about the COLORS on these things that makes me squirm with excitement. I don't know what it is, but whatever they're doing, they're doing it correctly.

I cant´t wait friends.

Please Matty give Faker this second Head in his Box.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heroic Warrior
    I think the photo that is in question is a computer mock-up,
    not the actual figure. The full body shot, however... seems to
    be the real deal.

Sometimes these photos do the final product no justice, but I am still
    happy to see Faker getting the MOTUC treatment.
    "White Ranger... Dino Power"

Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)
    Either way,Im still going to get it.This is great news indeed.
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

A bit of an obvious choose really, would much prefer the station but thats not gunna happen. Not keen on the silver either and your right the hair is shorter, don't like that either hope the He-Man has not been re-sculpted to look like that.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Awesome! Great news!

I can see where the silver bothers some, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I kind of like the metallic colors on these classic style figs... Uh oh, now I know I'll be repainting my He-Man with metallic colors now! AHHHHH!

Seriously, this is great!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    He looks OK, but is that picture the real figure, it looks awkward.

I'll still get it, but slightly sad that he's an exclusive, Savage He-man would have been a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    He looks OK, but is that picture the real figure, it looks awkward.

I'll still get it, but slightly sad that he's an exclusive, Savage He-man would have been a better choice.
    On Matty, it says below the photos that these are of the prototype and the final product may vary.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Coolness. Faker just screams exclusive to me so I'm not surprised and actually I had it in the back of my mind that Faker would be the first exclusive, I don't really know why.

He does look a little weird next to He-Man but that's OK as long as he's here. Cool that they still offering the exclusives online to us, that's just sweet.

Cool. Faker's not one of my favorite characters, but I'm definitely going to get him. -- Probably will wait until March, instead of finding someone who's going to the con. I'm still sort of soured on the whole experience of not getting my King Grayskull from someone on this forum.

I hope he also comes with the 200X unreleased staction head. I'm not getting him either way, but that would be pretty neat to see it released in some fashion.

They'd better make enough of these to seel on Matty Collector!!! I don't wanna miss out!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Very cool indeed. It is an easy figure to make with just a color change, but why have both the 200x and MOTUC Faker an exclusive? At least there will be some on the site after. I hope I can get one in time before they are sold out.

Maaaaaannn.... they went and made my favorite charactor an exclusive AGAIN?!?! As long as hes not that hard to obtain I won't mind. Maybe if I can find a way to get to the New York con somehow...

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    the hair is shorter, don't like that either hope the He-Man has not been re-sculpted to look like that.
    That's my fear, too. I'd be devastated if He-Man's hair has been changed and the figure we get looks like that.

This is AWESOME! I love him and I think the silver looks great! I especially prefer it on the belt instead of the black.

And I'd much rather have re-paints be exclusives than take up a month slot where all new figures should be.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I cant wait to get it in hands!! coooooooooooooool.

ps. seeing the faker picture below from matty, I´m the only one who think his face is very looks like leonardo dicaprio actor??
    My collection: http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff142/leo_skeletor/

EL HEAVY NO ES VIOLENCIA

Heroic Warrior
    Looks great! Can't wait to get him!

But on the other hand, it's a bit difficult to get too excited about another exclusive when all we currently have in hand is the previous exclusive, especially with both of them being basically "He-Man based" figures. I'm ready to start receiving our monthly figures already!

Seeing that Faker Staction pic reminds me of how unfortunate it is that the 2 Pack was cancelled.

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now and Forever!!!!