Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oo-Larr Official Discussion and Speculation thread

Hybrid View

Oo-Larr Official Discussion and Speculation thread

OK so if Oo-Larr is indeed the subscription figure this year then thats cool, but that would mean this sub figure has brand new sculpted parts (if mini comic accurate) he's need bare feet (human) bare shins and calves, bare forearms and a beltless loin cloth thats a bit of new (or at the least modified) tooling for a sub only figure. so that means the line is doing even better than before as thy can now justify new tooling for a bonus 'no monthly sales slot" figure or they have to use those parts elsewhere. anyone have ideas for what they can do? I can't think of anyone.

also what the heck accessories would he come with? I mean they could package him with he-man's gear but that is redundant for a few reasons we got them already with he-man and the goddess, at first glance it would just make this look like a naked he-man with armour on the side. so he will come with a power sword most likely but what else??
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I believe he had a spear in the mini comic. That would most likely be his weapon, and probably a different colored power sword. As for parts reuse…the bare feet could be used for a "200X-like" Stratos. Maybe the feet could be used for King Hsss as well? In addition to what you've mentioned, Oo-Larr would require a new hair sculpt too. His hair was longer than the standard He-Man we all know.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I believe he had a spear in the mini comic. That would most likely be his weapon, and probably a different colored power sword. As for parts reuse…the bare feet could be used for a "200X-like" Stratos. Maybe the feet could be used for King Hsss as well? In addition to what you've mentioned, Oo-Larr would require a new hair sculpt too. His hair was longer than the standard He-Man we all know.
    I have a feeling they may not even bother with a different hair sculpt or power sword.

didnt this minicomic version of he-man just use the axe and the sheild, and the power sword was an object to be obtained?the loin cloth should have the belt, but a more brown color, i like the bare foot idea aswell as bare fore-arms.wow motu gets better and better with this line

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I have a feeling they may not even bother with a different hair sculpt or power sword.
    But, if they want to wow everyone wouldn't they go all out? You'd think they'd do that to get as many subscriptions as possible.

The loin cloth most certainly should NOT have a standard belt…all he had on when he left his tribe was the loin cloth with a rope-like "belt" and a spear in his hand.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    But, if they want to wow everyone wouldn't they go all out? You'd think they'd do that to get as many subscriptions as possible.

The loin cloth most certainly should NOT have a standard belt…all he had on when he left his tribe was the loin cloth with a rope-like "belt" and a spear in his hand.
    I picture them saying: "Here's Jungle He-Man with his spear before he happened upon the Goddess."

Heroic Warrior
    Oo-larr? Is that really the name they're giving him? Is the Goddess supposed to have taken a fancy to him and said (in best French accent) "ooh la la! I've found me a handsome barbarian"? Let's hope the figure is miles better than the name!
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    also what the heck accessories would he come with? I mean they could package him with he-man's gear but that is redundant for a few reasons we got them already with he-man and the goddess, at first glance it would just make this look like a naked he-man with armour on the side. so he will come with a power sword most likely but what else??
    The original wonder bread he-man had two diff looks right? I'm just wondering if he'll have that 2nd look. We've got one version already in the form of Wun-Dar right?

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    - Stone Power Sword
    - Spear
    - He-man Silver Harness
    - Stone Axe
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    OK so if Oo-Larr is indeed the subscription figure this year then thats cool, but that would mean this sub figure has brand new sculpted parts (if mini comic accurate) he's need bare feet (human) bare shins and calves, bare forearms and a beltless loin cloth thats a bit of new (or at the least modified) tooling for a sub only figure. so that means the line is doing even better than before as thy can now justify new tooling for a bonus 'no monthly sales slot" figure or they have to use those parts elsewhere. anyone have ideas for what they can do? I can't think of anyone.

My thoughts exactly. I would say that he will come with none of the items that the Goddess came with so that he can get them from her. I believe that that was Mattel's plan all along.

They could always add extra accessories by giving him 200X Jungle He-Man's weapons

Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    how about this oo-lar on battlephant: 20062010 001.jpg
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

Could Oo-larr be a Classics version of 200x 'Jungle Attack He-Man'?

Just been reading Gygor's profile on Matty.
    "It was only through the combined powers of Oo-larr — the jungle He-Man — and The Goddess that Gygor was defeated and placed in a state of suspended animation."

I'd never really thought about it before, Oo-larr being the "jungle He-Man".
    Which got me thinking of the 200x 'Jungle Attack He-Man' (one of 200x's better variants IMO, by the by).

With the whole Jungle He-Man theme, I wonder if Oo-larr might resemble a classics version of JA He-Man, comeplete with war paint (or tattoos), rocket bow, sword-come-axe, and head band?
    I'd personally like to see just enough differences to distinguish the two, but I think there could be some nice similarites.

Thoughts?
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Heroic Warrior
    I think it'll be a merger of the "Savage" He-man from the first mini-comics and the 200x Jungle Attack He-man.

When I read Gygor's bio, I imagined Oo-Lar being an interpretation of Tarzan especially given the "savage gorilla" angle.

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    Although I'd like to see a Jungle Attack He-Man in MOTUC, I think Oo-Lar should be something/one different. If they based Oo-Lar on the He-Man from the "He-Man and the Power Sword" mini-comic, I'd be pleased. Have the basic sculpt we have now, but with a different head, without the belt, boots or wrist bands, but have them as accessories (they could even sculpt a little boot knife in there!). The vest, axe and shield that came with the Goddess could be used to complete the character. I know that this would require a lot of new tooling however, so I figure my ideal Oo-Lar will likely not happen, but I can dream right?

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Oo-lar is the barefooted He-man from the early mini-comics. It's clearly him and Toyguru mentioned a long time ago that a barefooted He-man is in the cards.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikewolfe View Post
    Although I'd like to see a Jungle Attack He-Man in MOTUC, I think Oo-Lar should be something/one different. If they based Oo-Lar on the He-Man from the "He-Man and the Power Sword" mini-comic, I'd be pleased. Have the basic sculpt we have now, but with a different head, without the belt, boots or wrist bands, but have them as accessories (they could even sculpt a little boot knife in there!). The vest, axe and shield that came with the Goddess could be used to complete the character. I know that this would require a lot of new tooling however, so I figure my ideal Oo-Lar will likely not happen, but I can dream right?
    I agree! I want to see both figures and have them be unique, I really want a Savage He-Man that is mini-comic accurate that has no wrist bracelets, bare foot, no belt, and comes with a spear
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikewolfe View Post
    Personally... I'm a little tired of 'collect and connect' He-man toys... I do not have a Goddess figure because 1) I don't like her... Red Teela works just fine... and 2) hearing about the defects I'll never get one...

Between He-man's armor coming with Goddess and 200x sword coming with Man-at-arms... Zoar with Teela and who knows WHAT else they may combine... Not even counting weapon packs....

if they release an Oo-lar, minicomic pg 1 he-man, I hope they give the armor/axe/shield with him too... All removable and set to the side... but don't make us get a goddess just to get the gear for him.

as far as I"m concerned Wun-Dar is the savage He-Man from the minicomics. But I'll wager that OO-Lar is now that character. Which is fine.

That being said I believe that would be a fine idea, making Oo-Lar the 200x Jungle He-Man in look (more or less, classicized of course) but I believe fans want him to be A He-Man with a loincloth, a spear, and little else. 'Cause to the extremeists, if he so much has boots it couldnt possibly be that character from the minicomics. Sigh.

At any rate, either "makes sense" but I'll wager it's the nearly-Nekkid mini-comic version. But I'd prefer the 200x version. Not that I'd buy either.

Like I said, Wun-Dar is the Savage He-Man. :P

Heroic Warrior

Oo-Larr-The Jungle He-Man...

Do we have any updates, news or info on this figure?

This is one of the figures I am obsessed with getting. The mini-comic He-Man.

Maybe '11 SDCC?

Lone-Starr

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    he better be the ends all he-man's of the past.
    cool if he has long loin cloth & bare feet. and new head sculpt.

No updates at all.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm just curious, but was it ever explicitly said that OO-Larr was supposed to be the same He-Man from the first mini-comics or did we all just assume this based on one of Toy Guru's cryptic "wait and see / can't comment past [insert figure name here]" type messages?

Heroic Warrior
    I was just thinking... Could Oo-Larr be the SDCC figure ?

It would be convenient for Mattel :

1) Oo-Larr wouldn't require much new tooling (cheaper figure to produce)

2) They could reuse the He-Man Statue for SDCC

3) He would be a mini-comic logical choice after Battleground Teela

NEVERTHELESS, there's a big issue with Mo-Larr being the SDCC figure :

1) He doesn't seem to fit the "high pieces" statement Toyguru gave us a while ago

2) What could possibly allow him to be a $25 figure ? He doesn't have any sidekick, and doesn't seem to have many weapons (just a spear, apparently)