Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 194

Thread: Oo-Larr Official Discussion and Speculation thread

  1. #1
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    17,981

    Oo-Larr Official Discussion and Speculation thread

    OK so if Oo-Larr is indeed the subscription figure this year then thats cool, but that would mean this sub figure has brand new sculpted parts (if mini comic accurate) he's need bare feet (human) bare shins and calves, bare forearms and a beltless loin cloth thats a bit of new (or at the least modified) tooling for a sub only figure. so that means the line is doing even better than before as thy can now justify new tooling for a bonus 'no monthly sales slot" figure or they have to use those parts elsewhere. anyone have ideas for what they can do? I can't think of anyone.

    also what the heck accessories would he come with? I mean they could package him with he-man's gear but that is redundant for a few reasons we got them already with he-man and the goddess, at first glance it would just make this look like a naked he-man with armour on the side. so he will come with a power sword most likely but what else??
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  2. #2
    USF Bull chuc98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    6,605
    I believe he had a spear in the mini comic. That would most likely be his weapon, and probably a different colored power sword. As for parts reuse…the bare feet could be used for a "200X-like" Stratos. Maybe the feet could be used for King Hsss as well? In addition to what you've mentioned, Oo-Larr would require a new hair sculpt too. His hair was longer than the standard He-Man we all know.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

  3. #3
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,814
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I believe he had a spear in the mini comic. That would most likely be his weapon, and probably a different colored power sword. As for parts reuse…the bare feet could be used for a "200X-like" Stratos. Maybe the feet could be used for King Hsss as well? In addition to what you've mentioned, Oo-Larr would require a new hair sculpt too. His hair was longer than the standard He-Man we all know.
    I have a feeling they may not even bother with a different hair sculpt or power sword.

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior kelddorr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    848
    didnt this minicomic version of he-man just use the axe and the sheild, and the power sword was an object to be obtained?the loin cloth should have the belt, but a more brown color, i like the bare foot idea aswell as bare fore-arms.wow motu gets better and better with this line

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Des Moines IA
    Posts
    2,627
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    also what the heck accessories would he come with? I mean they could package him with he-man's gear but that is redundant for a few reasons we got them already with he-man and the goddess, at first glance it would just make this look like a naked he-man with armour on the side. so he will come with a power sword most likely but what else??
    The original wonder bread he-man had two diff looks right? I'm just wondering if he'll have that 2nd look. We've got one version already in the form of Wun-Dar right?

  6. #6
    Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Alicante, Spain
    Posts
    2,248
    - Stone Power Sword
    - Spear
    - He-man Silver Harness
    - Stone Axe
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

    2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

  7. #7
    USF Bull chuc98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    6,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I have a feeling they may not even bother with a different hair sculpt or power sword.
    But, if they want to wow everyone wouldn't they go all out? You'd think they'd do that to get as many subscriptions as possible.

    The loin cloth most certainly should NOT have a standard belt…all he had on when he left his tribe was the loin cloth with a rope-like "belt" and a spear in his hand.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

  8. #8
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,814
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    But, if they want to wow everyone wouldn't they go all out? You'd think they'd do that to get as many subscriptions as possible.

    The loin cloth most certainly should NOT have a standard belt…all he had on when he left his tribe was the loin cloth with a rope-like "belt" and a spear in his hand.
    I picture them saying: "Here's Jungle He-Man with his spear before he happened upon the Goddess."

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,062
    Oo-larr? Is that really the name they're giving him? Is the Goddess supposed to have taken a fancy to him and said (in best French accent) "ooh la la! I've found me a handsome barbarian"? Let's hope the figure is miles better than the name!
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

  10. #10
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,385
    Jungle He-Man's bare arms and legs (except for feet) can be reused for Modulok.

    Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    Oo-larr? Is that really the name they're giving him? Is the Goddess supposed to have taken a fancy to him and said (in best French accent) "ooh la la! I've found me a handsome barbarian"? Let's hope the figure is miles better than the name!
    I'm not too crazy about the name, but I am crazy that we actually might be getting a Pre-Filmation He-Man and about the fact that Jungle He-Man was the He-Man just before Adam was--just like how it was when Jungle He-Man was He-Man for almost 2 years before Adam appeared in DC Comics.

    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    But, if they want to wow everyone wouldn't they go all out? You'd think they'd do that to get as many subscriptions as possible.
    Not really. The hardcore fans who will get the subscriptions won't really care what characters that they get and they really won't care about the "incentive" figure. The "incentive" figure is actually a bonus, a 13th figure.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; June 20, 2010 at 11:57am.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  11. #11
    Heroic HamStar Minion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, England
    Posts
    965
    Bare feet and arms are a must. i'd like a slight resculpt of the waist to remove the belt so it's just a pair of furry sdhorts, but that might be too big of an ask.

    I'm happy with the same old He-man head though.

    Spear and powersword are a must. Getting Whiplash's spear might be a little lame, but I could see it happening. Ideally i'd like to see a wood effect, primative spear.
    If POP Bow is on the horizon then i'd also like him to come with the actual bow from that toy as a re-use and nod to Jungle He-man from 200X.

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior Poe Ghostal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    537
    The bare feet of Oo-Larr might be re-used for Vikor, as a bonus figure. Though whether they'd go with the actual concept prototype Vikor or the concept art Vikor, I don't know.

    As for the accessories, I'm betting he'll come with at least more than a spear. Maybe that other golden sword on this page. But I do think there will be something great about him--be it fantastic accessories or interchangeable parts or something--to make him a genuine incentive for subscribing.
    Last edited by Poe Ghostal; June 20, 2010 at 12:04pm.

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior darkmoon766's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,174
    I hope he has a new head sculpt somehow. Longer hair, an Alcala style head, or a head that looks closer to the original figure (stronger more sunken cheeks, an actual nose with,gasp, nostrils). I don't really care for the motuc style head right now anyway. Maybe a dagger-boot knife? He had that in a few pages in the heman and the powersword minicomic. Also, the weapons the goddess showed him included a sheathed shortsword and some sort of poled weapon.

  14. #14
    Master of the Arashikage J_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,206
    So is this all org-member speculation or has Toyguru actually said they're taking the character in the comic that the tribe even called He-Man and renaming him Oo-Lar? I don't exactly think that would necessarily be him just as I didn't think Wun-Dar was either.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

    My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

  15. #15
    Fighting Foe Fan Whiplash7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,879
    I'd like to see him come with more than just a spear. A knife, bow and arrows, maybe?

    Quote Originally Posted by J_Man View Post
    So is this all org-member speculation or has Toyguru actually said they're taking the character in the comic that the tribe even called He-Man and renaming him Oo-Lar? I don't exactly think that would necessarily be him just as I didn't think Wun-Dar was either.
    It could be pure speculation--hell, people are now assuming it's the sub exclusive when it could be anything--but it does seem to add up. Add to that the fact that they would have to ignore various parts of those stories, because they were the canon, and there are contradictions. For instance, it's pretty much said in that canon that He-Man is the future king of Castle Grayskull, and now Jungle He-Man couldn't be that person in this canon. It's cherry picking certain things for the sake of making figures.

  16. #16
    USF Bull chuc98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    6,605
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Not really. The hardcore fans who will get the subscriptions won't really care what characters that they get and they really won't care about the "incentive" figure. The "incentive" figure is actually a bonus, a 13th figure.
    I was speaking more for people that are on the fence about getting a subscription…not the hardcore fans. A really good bonus figure might convince those people to buy in.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

  17. #17
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,920
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's naked He-Man with Goddess' spear and a green or brown (or a combination of both) Power Sword. Anything better and I'll be pleasantly surprised.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  18. #18
    Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Valley Village, CA
    Posts
    3,532
    Lame as it sounds, I'm excited about the bare lower legs so we're one piece closer to a King (not battle-ready) Randor. We just next some elf shoes and the jacket with the poofy sleeves.

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior RyDell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,798
    How cool would it be for him to have removable lower legs / feet so he can have skin and bare feet or He-Man boots... they did it with Kronis in the arms. That would be really cool, I don't care too much about the belt, but if they do indeed make him, I'd like to be able to pose his as either Jungle-Man or He-Man. Definitely needs a spear, ax, shield and armor.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

  20. #20
    Take a stand... 2015! Zargon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dark Hemisphere - Texas Region
    Posts
    3,084
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    OK so if Oo-Larr is indeed the subscription figure this year then thats cool, but that would mean this sub figure has brand new sculpted parts (if mini comic accurate) he's need bare feet (human) bare shins and calves, bare forearms and a beltless loin cloth thats a bit of new (or at the least modified) tooling for a sub only figure. so that means the line is doing even better than before as thy can now justify new tooling for a bonus 'no monthly sales slot" figure or they have to use those parts elsewhere. anyone have ideas for what they can do? I can't think of anyone.

    also what the heck accessories would he come with? I mean they could package him with he-man's gear but that is redundant for a few reasons we got them already with he-man and the goddess, at first glance it would just make this look like a naked he-man with armour on the side. so he will come with a power sword most likely but what else??
    My thoughts exactly. I would say that he will come with none of the items that the Goddess came with so that he can get them from her. I believe that that was Mattel's plan all along.

  21. #21
    waiting for Geldor Toymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Valley of Osgoor
    Posts
    6,053
    They could always add extra accessories by giving him 200X Jungle He-Man's weapons

    Tweet Me!

    I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

  22. #22
    film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    439
    how about this oo-lar on battlephant: 20062010 001.jpg
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

  23. #23
    Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,967
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Man View Post
    So is this all org-member speculation or has Toyguru actually said they're taking the character in the comic that the tribe even called He-Man and renaming him Oo-Lar? I don't exactly think that would necessarily be him just as I didn't think Wun-Dar was either.
    Its pure 100% speculation! but as we all know without us all 'speculating' wildly this site would fade away!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

    http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

    [/CENTER]

  24. #24
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    9,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    They could always add extra accessories by giving him 200X Jungle He-Man's weapons

    You don't kow how happy a Jungle Attack He-Man would make me!!!!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

    Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

  25. #25
    Eternian Scribe Jay Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Five Lands
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by Poe Ghostal View Post
    As for the accessories, I'm betting he'll come with at least more than a spear. Maybe that other golden sword on this page.
    I could see that. The spear, sword and the loose boots. It would be odd, but no odder than the loaf of bread with Wun-dar.
    A boy and his cat versus the world...
    http://www.jaybellbooks.com/the-cat-in-the-cradle/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •