Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oo-Larr Official Discussion and Speculation thread

bare lower legs and bare fore arms together with Keldor feet open doors for any DC crossover figure in the future in the future. You have the same recipee as a basic DC buck and it can be repainted to Superman, Green lantarn, Flash, whatever!

i think to stop him looking 'naked' they should give him Mossmans 'armour' in jungle green

Heroic Warrior
    They could just do a cross between the 200X jungle He-man & the mini barbarian He-man.

This is Mattel we're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Coptur View Post
    i think to stop him looking 'naked' they should give him Mossmans 'armour' in jungle green
    This is a good idea!
    And I think he should also at least come with the spear pictured here and maybe some of these weapons and helmet would certainly be cool, but he definitely should NOT come with the vest, sword and axe since they already came with the Goddess, but maybe some removable boots that snap-on in the front and back like the ones pictured, and that sheathed sword might be cool too, but I don't really know what to make of it story-wise.
    I do think he should also get a new longer hair sculpt, as well.

As for parts sharing? I don't really know. Dekker maybe? Being on an island, maybe he'd often go out barefooted? And the weapons could be reused in a weapons pak?
    – No comment.

essentially he would be long haired He-Man with a spear?
    yeaaaahh ..... but then that happened...

THESE TRADERS HAVE THE POWER !!! - Thanks guys!

Heroic Warrior

Oo-larr?

That's what they want to give us to buy into a new subscription? Wun-dar was alright but seriously, another version of He-man? I know a lot of you are excited about this, but to me that's lame.

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    No Jaggerart, I feel the same way. To me he is a naked He-Man. I was actually hoping for Vikor. Now I tell ya something if they gave Vikor and Oo-Larr in each half of theyear, I'd be happy.

I just don't fancy shelling out $20 for a bare basic figure. I understand extra tooling would be involved, but I don't know.

This is an incentive to get the sub. Wun-Dar existence was steeped in legend (Melodramatic but you get the idea), but Oo-Larr... nah.

If it was Cringer, Odiphus and mini-Marzo, that would be different.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

Could Oo-larr be a Classics version of 200x 'Jungle Attack He-Man'?

Just been reading Gygor's profile on Matty.
    "It was only through the combined powers of Oo-larr — the jungle He-Man — and The Goddess that Gygor was defeated and placed in a state of suspended animation."

I'd never really thought about it before, Oo-larr being the "jungle He-Man".
    Which got me thinking of the 200x 'Jungle Attack He-Man' (one of 200x's better variants IMO, by the by).

With the whole Jungle He-Man theme, I wonder if Oo-larr might resemble a classics version of JA He-Man, comeplete with war paint (or tattoos), rocket bow, sword-come-axe, and head band?
    I'd personally like to see just enough differences to distinguish the two, but I think there could be some nice similarites.

Thoughts?
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Heroic Warrior
    I think it'll be a merger of the "Savage" He-man from the first mini-comics and the 200x Jungle Attack He-man.

When I read Gygor's bio, I imagined Oo-Lar being an interpretation of Tarzan especially given the "savage gorilla" angle.

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    Although I'd like to see a Jungle Attack He-Man in MOTUC, I think Oo-Lar should be something/one different. If they based Oo-Lar on the He-Man from the "He-Man and the Power Sword" mini-comic, I'd be pleased. Have the basic sculpt we have now, but with a different head, without the belt, boots or wrist bands, but have them as accessories (they could even sculpt a little boot knife in there!). The vest, axe and shield that came with the Goddess could be used to complete the character. I know that this would require a lot of new tooling however, so I figure my ideal Oo-Lar will likely not happen, but I can dream right?

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Oo-lar is the barefooted He-man from the early mini-comics. It's clearly him and Toyguru mentioned a long time ago that a barefooted He-man is in the cards.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    It really could be either. The description, calling him the "Jungle" He-Man, sounds more like Jungle Attack He-Man to me though...especially because the original has been called "savage" by fans.

I really think this generation of He-Mans thing in MOTUC is the Pandora's Box for every version of He-Man we ever saw can be a different "He-Man."

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Oo-lar is the barefooted He-man from the early mini-comics. It's clearly him and Toyguru mentioned a long time ago that a barefooted He-man is in the cards.
    Oh man, really?!? Awesome, a bare-footed He-Man, I must'a missed that one. Cool! I'd have to get enough for a jungle clan though, lol, buncha savages!
    Great B/S/T'ers: Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .org Feedback, and My Ebay For Sale!

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    "Clearly?" Until we have pics, it's still speculation!

especially because the original has been called "savage" by fans.
    Your rationale overlooks one thing: Mattel has already officially named Wun-Dar as 'the savage He-Man.'

I doubt Mattel will re-use titles like that on more than one unrelated character. So 'Oo-larr' will need a new title, and thus will likely be 'He-Man of the Jungle' or somesuch. It wouldn't surprise me if it's a mix of JA HM details and mini-comic details, which is something I'm okay with.

As much as I love the mini-comics, I feel like a purely mini-comic inspired 'Oo-larr' would be a very boring figure and probably an easy pass for me (who knows, though).

I am dying to get a Jungle Attack He-Man in this line!!!

I love that version for some reason, and while I think that we can, should, and will get a barefooted, fresh from his jungle tribe, early mini-comics He-Man figure, I would like to see JA HM also used as Oo-Lar, the Jungle He-Man.

Heck, it could simply be that in Classics canon, Oo-Lar's armor and weaponry are that of JA HM. If you want him to wear the Goddess' armor, have at it!

Come on, gang, show your love for Jungle Attack He-Man in MOTUC!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I want both a bare-foot, bare-chest 1st mini-comic He-Man and a MOTUC Jungle Attak He-Man.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    "Clearly?" Until we have pics, it's still speculation!
    Dude, loving the new avatar, you interpretation of Gy-Gor is mean!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Given the connection to the Goddess in the bio, I'm pretty sure this He-Man will be the original version from the minis. I honestly think that figure would get approval a lot faster than JA He-Man, given the reticence surrounding the 2002 stuff of late.

Honestly, I could do without any of the 2002 He-Man variants in MOTUC (especially the Snake Armor. This is MOTU, not Dragonball). To me, that would be rubbing salt in an old but still open wound.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Dude, loving the new avatar, you interpretation of Gy-Gor is mean!
    Thanks! I haven't drawn his whole body, but I hope to for my unofficial bios soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Given the connection to the Goddess in the bio, I'm pretty sure this He-Man will be the original version from the minis. I honestly think that figure would get approval a lot faster than JA He-Man, given the reticence surrounding the 2002 stuff of late.

Honestly, I could do without any of the 2002 He-Man variants in MOTUC (especially the Snake Armor. This is MOTU, not Dragonball). To me, that would be rubbing salt in an old but still open wound.
    I think I am in the minority in not wanting that original mini-comic He-Man to be someone brand new like Oo-Lar, or living so close to He-Man in the time line (from the barefoot tribe?). Of course if it's just an excuse to include that barefoot version of He-Man, I guess it'll do. Jungle Attack He-Man would need some new 4H interpretation to be interesting because the warpaint and bandanna are not enough. And like you say, there is a 200X-phobia apparently.

To be frank, I couldn't care less about a MotUC Jungle He-Man OR bare-footed He-Man.
    The only thing I liked about Jungle-Attack He-Man was the sword. And the Tribesman He-Man would be a pretty boring figure for me, unless he was equipped with tons of awesome accessoires (that wooden spear won't do it for me).
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

i like oolar, he reminds me of the way motu was in the begining. but jungl........he whos name shall not be spoken, is the figure i dont like the most. oolar for that good ol nostalgic feeling, jungle,,......well you know! please dont mix em together matty. i definatly dont have this 200x phobia, ice armor he-man and snake armor he-man are a couple of my favorite variants.

I donīt get the excitement.

An almost naked bug with no boots, belt or anything and thatīll cost 20$.

....WOW, he has toes than....great

If he would be even bigger and much more muscled like he is in the mini comics but same the figure with less accessories....???

not thrilled here.

Take the standard He-Man body, add the cool green warpaint, give him the bandolier-style harness, sculpt a new head with a bandana (ala Rambo!), give him a wicked double-action bow and some mean-looking arrows, some throwing knives, and voila! Oo-Lar, the Jungle (Attack) He-Man!

Give me the mini-comic version as well, with his first page appearance, long wooden spear, the map (written in blood!) that Skeletor used in the comic, and some armor and boots (those could be tricky, though...). Call him Oo-Lar if need be, since we know that in Classics, Adam was no jungle boy, but those who stick to thePre-Filmation/DC stories are set!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!