Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oo-Larr Official Discussion and Speculation thread

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikewolfe View Post
    Although I'd like to see a Jungle Attack He-Man in MOTUC, I think Oo-Lar should be something/one different. If they based Oo-Lar on the He-Man from the "He-Man and the Power Sword" mini-comic, I'd be pleased. Have the basic sculpt we have now, but with a different head, without the belt, boots or wrist bands, but have them as accessories (they could even sculpt a little boot knife in there!). The vest, axe and shield that came with the Goddess could be used to complete the character. I know that this would require a lot of new tooling however, so I figure my ideal Oo-Lar will likely not happen, but I can dream right?
    I agree! I want to see both figures and have them be unique, I really want a Savage He-Man that is mini-comic accurate that has no wrist bracelets, bare foot, no belt, and comes with a spear
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

See that's the dilemma, a tribal he-man from the first mioni would be cool, but as a single carded figure? it would be pretty dull and bare bones. they'd HAVE to package hi with someone or something cool. but what??
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    See that's the dilemma, a tribal he-man from the first mioni would be cool, but as a single carded figure? it would be pretty dull and bare bones. they'd HAVE to package hi with someone or something cool. but what??
    Loo-Kee

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Other than a newly sculpted tribal spear?

I'd like him to come with added plug-in red & gold booted feet to swap with his bare feet, where the booted feet allow a dagger to be inserted and removed, as per that first mini-comic.

Also, I think he could come with a reproduction 1st mini-comic.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

How about a beast pack with he, all his accoutrements, and a purple Ice Hacker/Shaggy Foe creature to save The Goddess from? Price it at about $50 or so and make it a quarterly Large Scale Item! I'm sold on that one!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

as far as I"m concerned Wun-Dar is the savage He-Man from the minicomics. But I'll wager that OO-Lar is now that character. Which is fine.

That being said I believe that would be a fine idea, making Oo-Lar the 200x Jungle He-Man in look (more or less, classicized of course) but I believe fans want him to be A He-Man with a loincloth, a spear, and little else. 'Cause to the extremeists, if he so much has boots it couldnt possibly be that character from the minicomics. Sigh.

At any rate, either "makes sense" but I'll wager it's the nearly-Nekkid mini-comic version. But I'd prefer the 200x version. Not that I'd buy either.

Like I said, Wun-Dar is the Savage He-Man. :P

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    How about a beast pack with he, all his accoutrements, and a purple Ice Hacker/Shaggy Foe creature to save The Goddess from? Price it at about $50 or so and make it a quarterly Large Scale Item! I'm sold on that one!
    Thats what I said! I think it'd be great to include the beast he saved the GG from
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    I wouldn't have minded all the endless variants of He-Man put out in 200X if they would've used those sculpts and made new characters. I would love to see JA He-Man and Ice Armor He-man as alternate He-Men a la Vikor, Wun-Dar, and Oo-Larr.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikewolfe View Post
    Although I'd like to see a Jungle Attack He-Man in MOTUC, I think Oo-Lar should be something/one different. If they based Oo-Lar on the He-Man from the "He-Man and the Power Sword" mini-comic, I'd be pleased. Have the basic sculpt we have now, but with a different head, without the belt, boots or wrist bands, but have them as accessories (they could even sculpt a little boot knife in there!). The vest, axe and shield that came with the Goddess could be used to complete the character. I know that this would require a lot of new tooling however, so I figure my ideal Oo-Lar will likely not happen, but I can dream right?
    Personally... I'm a little tired of 'collect and connect' He-man toys... I do not have a Goddess figure because 1) I don't like her... Red Teela works just fine... and 2) hearing about the defects I'll never get one...

Between He-man's armor coming with Goddess and 200x sword coming with Man-at-arms... Zoar with Teela and who knows WHAT else they may combine... Not even counting weapon packs....

if they release an Oo-lar, minicomic pg 1 he-man, I hope they give the armor/axe/shield with him too... All removable and set to the side... but don't make us get a goddess just to get the gear for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Bell View Post
    I could see that. The spear, sword and the loose boots. It would be odd, but no odder than the loaf of bread with Wun-dar.
    I was just thinking about this today. And thought that his accessories may be the spear, the golden sword & sheath, possibly the powersword (depending upon how they word his bio), and either boots the figure can wear, boots the figure cannot wear (most likely, similar to Wun-Dar's loaf), or swappable booted feet.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    I was just thinking about this today. And thought that his accessories may be the spear, the golden sword & sheath, possibly the powersword (depending upon how they word his bio), and either boots the figure can wear, boots the figure cannot wear (most likely, similar to Wun-Dar's loaf), or swappable booted feet.
    I guess you were also just in the custom figure section as it got me thinking about the same thing just now.

I think they set the subscription figure bar pretty high this year with Preternian He-Man, the Cosmic Key!!! and the Bionotops gun. Ooo-Lar is gonna need lots of really cool accessories/armor pieces to not look totally weak and cheap next to Preter He-Man. It would be cool if he came with some kind of awesome new armor that wasn't necessarily meant for him but for the standard He-Man figure (with boots) to spice him up.

Where was it said that Oo-Lar would be the sub exclusive figure?

Quote Originally Posted by Poe Ghostal View Post
    As for the accessories, I'm betting he'll come with at least more than a spear. Maybe that other golden sword on this page. But I do think there will be something great about him--be it fantastic accessories or interchangeable parts or something--to make him a genuine incentive for subscribing.
    Perhaps he will be given a bonus accessory, like the 200x Keldor swords we've been promised?

Quote Originally Posted by RyanSD View Post
    Where was it said that Oo-Lar would be the sub exclusive figure?
    It hasn't. Just more speculation. Are there any fun Skeletor variants from the mini comics that could be a sub exclusive instead?.

Heroic Warrior

Oo-Larr-The Jungle He-Man...

Do we have any updates, news or info on this figure?

This is one of the figures I am obsessed with getting. The mini-comic He-Man.

Maybe '11 SDCC?

Lone-Starr

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    he better be the ends all he-man's of the past.
    cool if he has long loin cloth & bare feet. and new head sculpt.

No updates at all.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm just curious, but was it ever explicitly said that OO-Larr was supposed to be the same He-Man from the first mini-comics or did we all just assume this based on one of Toy Guru's cryptic "wait and see / can't comment past [insert figure name here]" type messages?

Heroic Warrior
    I was just thinking... Could Oo-Larr be the SDCC figure ?

It would be convenient for Mattel :

1) Oo-Larr wouldn't require much new tooling (cheaper figure to produce)

2) They could reuse the He-Man Statue for SDCC

3) He would be a mini-comic logical choice after Battleground Teela

NEVERTHELESS, there's a big issue with Mo-Larr being the SDCC figure :

1) He doesn't seem to fit the "high pieces" statement Toyguru gave us a while ago

2) What could possibly allow him to be a $25 figure ? He doesn't have any sidekick, and doesn't seem to have many weapons (just a spear, apparently)

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    I was just thinking... Could Oo-Larr be the SDCC figure ?

It would be convenient for Mattel :

2) They could reuse the He-Man Statue for SDCC

3) He would be a mini-comic logical choice after Battleground Teela

NEVERTHELESS, there's a big issue with Mo-Larr being the SDCC figure :

1) He doesn't seem to fit the "high pieces" statement Toyguru gave us a while ago

2) What could possibly allow him to be a $25 figure ? He doesn't have any sidekick, and doesn't seem to have many weapons (just a spear, apparently)
    All good points.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar

also he doesnt have the WOW factor that they like for SDCC!

as for tooling, they will need to sculpt naked Calves,feet and wrists.( and i hope they avoid the mid calf articulation on him, so they dont mess up the line of the figure!-Im so proud of MOTUC not having that god awful mid thigh cut!)

ka
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; April 21, 2011 at 09:02am.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Unless he comes with swappable arms and lower legs so you can change him from tribesman to He-Man.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

He could come with Gorpo

http://www.he-man.org:81/forums/boar...ighlight=gorpo
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Oo-Larr is probably going to be another Club Eternia exclusive. A figure that only the most die-hard He-Man fans would want. Oo-Larr fits this bill to a tee, since most fans recognize the Adam version of He-Man and a He-Man figure that's even more undressed seems incredibly "iffy" for some folks.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    He could come with Gorpo
    Filmation. Off-limits.

(Filmation "prototypes" are just as unavailable as the non-toy show characters)