Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Oo-Larr Official Discussion and Speculation thread

Quote Originally Posted by GigaMach View Post
    I don't mind the name at all. I'm looking forward to seeing the figure if we get him, but I can't imagine it's gonna be anything other than a He-Man without shoes or armor, and that's a bit weak. I rather hope they try and do something unique with him, but I can't imagine what they'd do.
    yeah, i'm looking forward to this figure based on history, but they HAVE to give us more than a shirtless bootless he-man. I mean to do him properly he should have no belt or gauntlets either. maybe some 'jungle' style armour and weapons would set him apart (and an alcala head)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I'll admit that the "Oo-Larr is supposed to be Mo-Larr" conspiracy theory is one of the more plausible ones, but I really don't care. Whatever. I love the figures, and I like the attempt to weave a consistent narrative that is taking place in the bios and new mini-comics. I couldn't care less how the name "Oo-Larr" ended up getting chosen.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I hate the name. I hate the character. I hate this need to try and shove what was obviously a different backstory into the narrative.

I'm more naked He-man! I'm my own character! I'm Oo-lar!

Ugh no thanks.

An Oo-Larr by any other name would still be a jungle He-Man.

I need pics of him that would validate him (as a figure) NOT from the Mini Comics until then it's a "rumor"

Well it is a rumor.

He is Mo-Larr's long distant missing link relative, and his real name will be Oog Oogoo Ooo Ooh Ahh Larrenstein

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I think we need a compendium of TG/MOTUC conspiracy theories. Oh, darn, I shouldn't have suggested that...
    Too late, no take backs
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

wait until you find out about the unnamed yellow warrior thread

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Oo-Larr is no better or no worse than a LOT of characters. I mean... Man-E-Face? Meckaneck? And the best for last... Fisto???? Corny much?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Says oulala

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Says oulala
    Wakka wakka!
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    wait until you find out about the unnamed yellow warrior thread
    Tug-or
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I agree with Executioner! Everytime I read the name "Oo-Larr", I cringe. I think it's because it's too close to "Mo-Larr" and we all originally thought it was a spelling error.

Plus "Oo-Larr" is He-Man for god sakes... grrrr!

-=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    Oo-Larr is no better or no worse than a LOT of characters. I mean... Man-E-Face? Meckaneck? And the best for last... Fisto???? Corny much?
    Remember, however, that nostalgia blinds the most vocal critics of the current line's direction: Oolar=worst writing ever. Fisto=pure genius!

I have no particular love or hate for the name Oolar. As some have said in this thread, it just sounds like a stereotypical caveman-like name.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Heroic Warrior
    If he doesn't fess up I'm gunna be so mad

Yeah!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    cheesy? is there such a thing in eternia?
    Yes, there is cheese on Eternia since Gwildor brought his bride from earth... a cow... just keep reading the bios!

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    I don't really mind the name. D'Vann, Vikor, Wun-Dar... Oo-Larr doesn't sound that odd. Adam does, but I'm assuming since Marlena is from Earth, that might have had something to do with it.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Oolar=worst writing ever. Fisto=pure genius!.
    This is the only part of your post that I read.

Seriously, I don't care about the cheese factor, I'm all for it in MOTU... I just don't like Toyguru's shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by MoViEfReAk View Post
    Yes, there is cheese on Eternia since Gwildor brought his bride from earth... a cow... just keep reading the bios!

Cheese-Larr!!!
    Last edited by Executioner; March 5, 2012 at 04:41pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It might be fine and more in line with the real names in the bios, but he needs a better superhero or working name like Fisto has while his real name is Malcolm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    This is the only part of your post that I read.

Seriously, I don't care about the cheese factor, I'm all for it in MOTU... I just don't like Toyguru's shenanigans.

Cheese-Larr!!!
    This isn't a case where you bringing it up is a "conspiracy theory"- people are forgetting that this "Oo-Larr" name came right around the same time "Mattel" registered the name Mo-Larr so it seems like much more than a coincidence.

It might be fine and more in line with the real names in the bios, but he needs a better superhero or working name like Fisto has while his real name is Malcolm.
    Why not just call him He-Man of The Jungle! His bio can be about double wives and crashing into trees with his mighty physique!
    Last edited by vertigoink; March 5, 2012 at 04:48pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    I can't take it anymore!! I have to say that "Oo-Larr" is the dumbest thing to ever enter the MOTU world. I don't mind the idea of a savage He-Man as different than Adam, and I love the early mini-comics. Its the name itself that drives me CRAZY!!

This is CLEARLY a mistake on Toyguru's part when he went to register "Mo-Larr" at the copyright office. I mean, what else could it be? Obviously he messed up, and in a thinly veiled attempt to cover his tracks and save his job at Mattel, he came up with the idea of just jiving this name to the mini-comics He-Man. Am I right, or am I right?

Toyguru either needs to fess up to the fans or tell us how he came up with this "ingenious" name.

Discuss.
    This is an example of sense of entitlement that just boggles my mind.

1st of all... WHO CARES?!!?

If your fine with the 'concept' of savage He-man... what do you Care what the name is??

Why do you absolutely HAVE to know where and how the name came from? Whether it was a copyright error, or a cat thrown at the typewriter... What difference does it make?

Odds are good, that this character will not be CALLED Oo-lar, any more than any of the other 'real names'... So where that came from doesn't matter any more then where any of the OTHER names came from.

Toyguru really has no obligation or responsibilty to 'fess up' OR 'tell us where it came from'

If you 'Cant take it anymore'... or are really as invested as this message sounds... then I would recommend switching to decaf

Though... it IS nice to see a complaint that isn't A) Spector and B) quality control related

By the time the figure is released, they can come up with a proper title for him on the packaging while making his real name Oo-Lar in the bio section for real name.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Tug-or
    I wish I knew the secret to creating characters people demand to be made into figures....

"Um, he is a guy. He wears yellow. He has a rope. Its kind of stupid right?"
    "Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! We love him! We want him and he has to come with rope!"
    "Rope? You love rope!? I love rope!"
    "Yellow is pretty! More yellow warriors!"
    "I'll buy 6 and have 2 three man teams, tugging on the rope! I'll connect all the rope together and make a super rope!"

"I like blue... but I will buy yellow too! I also love rope. Can the rope be blue?"
    "Roooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope!"
    "I will buy 1 to open, and play with the rope. 1 to keep MOC so the rope stays fresh, and 1 for my nephew who loves Yellow... and rope. Then he can play MOTUC and have a tug of war with Oo-Larr."
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; March 5, 2012 at 04:59pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    This is an example of sense of entitlement that just boggles my mind.

1st of all... WHO CARES?!!?

If your fine with the 'concept' of savage He-man... what do you Care what the name is??

Why do you absolutely HAVE to know where and how the name came from? Whether it was a copyright error, or a cat thrown at the typewriter... What difference does it make?

Odds are good, that this character will not be CALLED Oo-lar, any more than any of the other 'real names'... So where that came from doesn't matter any more then where any of the OTHER names came from.

Toyguru really has no obligation or responsibilty to 'fess up' OR 'tell us where it came from'

If you 'Cant take it anymore'... or are really as invested as this message sounds... then I would recommend switching to decaf

Though... it IS nice to see a complaint that isn't A) Spector and B) quality control related
    Oh right... I forgot the normal protocol of this website. No fun allowed.

"Sense of entitlement"... are you kidding me? Have you read some of the other threads around here? And heaven forbid anyone discuss anything around here without some holier than thou poster coming along to poop on the party. Good grief.

By the way, I don't abuse caffeine. I'm straight edge.

I can't take it anymore!! I have to say that "Oo-Larr" is the dumbest thing to ever enter the MOTU world. I don't mind the idea of a savage He-Man as different than Adam, and I love the early mini-comics. Its the name itself that drives me CRAZY!!

This is CLEARLY a mistake on Toyguru's part when he went to register "Mo-Larr" at the copyright office. I mean, what else could it be? Obviously he messed up, and in a thinly veiled attempt to cover his tracks and save his job at Mattel, he came up with the idea of just jiving this name to the mini-comics He-Man. Am I right, or am I right?

Toyguru either needs to fess up to the fans or tell us how he came up with this "ingenious" name.

Discuss.
    How do you know it was Scott who messed up and not the person filing the Trademark?? How do you know that Scott even does that as part of his job? Do you work at Mattel or are you just looking for yet another reason to stir the pot?

Put the spoon away.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52