Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Oo-Larr Official Discussion and Speculation thread

Toyguru did confirm the next Club Eternia Exclusive won't be He-Man.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    It will probably be a Skeletor. Demo-Man!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I'm glad he won't be a exclusive, so far I haven't cared about any sub exclusive, but this one I really want!.

I want two Oo-Larr figures, a bare foot guy with no bracelets and a spear, and a repaint of the 2-pack He-man in mini comic colors (I have the 2-pack He-man, but I still can't get over the fluorescent lime bracelets).
    Last edited by Romer; April 21, 2011 at 02:44pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Filmation. Off-limits.

(Filmation "prototypes" are just as unavailable as the non-toy show characters)
    Is he Filmation though? I thought Gorpo was just the prototype name for Orko?
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    I'm honestly uncertain where Gorpo fairs on the legal rights, because Mattel took "Evelyn Powers" for Evil-Lyn directly from the Filmation Bible. So...

Also, if they make him with the coloration and stars, he never appeared anywhere with that look, except her on the .org, so I think he might be fair game.

If you put "Gorpo" in a translator for Portuguese to English, it comes out "Orko."

http://translate.google.com/#pt|en|Gorpo
    Last edited by Darkspecter; April 21, 2011 at 03:28pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

If you put "Gorpo" in a translator for Portuguese to English, it comes out "Orko."

http://translate.google.com/#pt|en|Gorpo
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Orko was entirely created by Filmation. Mattel can make him between them doing a toy of him Back In The Day (for which they had to licence Orko from Filmation) and the deals they did for the 2002 series that let them use Filmation plot elements and some characters, like the reinvented Marzo & Evilseed.

And we're talking about the early blue/G-rather-than-O design, rather than the magneta/red/O design we ended up with, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    ...Mattel took "Evelyn Powers" for Evil-Lyn directly from the Filmation Bible. So...
    Didn't TG say that Mattel gave that name to Filmation in the first place? Either way, they sure as hell haven't used the abandoned "Marlena's fellow astronauts" origins for Beast Man, Evil-Lyn or Tri-Klops (which even Filmation dropped, showing Marlena as a solo astronaut every time from "Teela's Quest" onward, even as other details like the name of her ship varied )
    Last edited by Reboot; April 21, 2011 at 07:07pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Didn't TG say that Mattel gave that name to Filmation in the first place? Either way, they sure as hell haven't used the abandoned "Marlena's fellow astronauts" origins for Beast Man, Evil-Lyn or Tri-Klops (which even Filmation dropped, showing Marlena as a solo astronaut every time from "Teela's Quest" onward, even as other details like the name of her ship varied )
    Poor Beastman. His "real name" is Raquel or Biff. Powers just doesn't seem that bad compared to those choices.

Heroic Warrior
    Biff? Was that Beast Man's real name when he was supposed to be an astronaut? I can't remember. I'm sure Evil-Lyn was Evelyn Powers. What about Tri-Klops? His real name is the best so far, as far as i'm concerned. Trydor Esooniux Scope. Cool.

Hopefully Biff's last name wasn't Tannen.

As for Beast Man's current real name, I pronounce it as "Ra-Kill Ra-Kaz". Do you guys see Raquel?

King Bong

Quote Originally Posted by Lone-Starr View Post
    Biff? Was that Beast Man's real name when he was supposed to be an astronaut? I can't remember. I'm sure Evil-Lyn was Evelyn Powers. What about Tri-Klops? His real name is the best so far, as far as i'm concerned. Trydor Esooniux Scope. Cool.

Hopefully Biff's last name wasn't Tannen.

As for Beast Man's current real name, I pronounce it as "Ra-Kill Ra-Kaz". Do you guys see Raquel?

King Bong
    Biff Beastman. no joke
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    He would be more expensive to made.

He needs new lower arms, calves and bare feet, besides the head sculpt and the weapons.

thats the thing, theoretically he would require new tooling (if they want to do it right) he would also need a new loin cloth, one without a belt. but as a figure goes it's just a scaled down he-man. I want one I really do, but I wonder what they'd do to make it feel like it's worth something. I supposed it would have to be a two pack or something.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior

Oo-Larr... is anybody actually buying this nonesense?

I can't take it anymore!! I have to say that "Oo-Larr" is the dumbest thing to ever enter the MOTU world. I don't mind the idea of a savage He-Man as different than Adam, and I love the early mini-comics. Its the name itself that drives me CRAZY!!

This is CLEARLY a mistake on Toyguru's part when he went to register "Mo-Larr" at the copyright office. I mean, what else could it be? Obviously he messed up, and in a thinly veiled attempt to cover his tracks and save his job at Mattel, he came up with the idea of just jiving this name to the mini-comics He-Man. Am I right, or am I right?

Toyguru either needs to fess up to the fans or tell us how he came up with this "ingenious" name.

Discuss.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    It kind of sounds like the stereotypical noise a tribesman (or Tarzan-like character) might make. Doesn't bother me one bit.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    "Keep reading the commentaries!"
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; March 5, 2012 at 03:50pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I don't really care what it says on the package because it goes in the recycling bin as soon as I open the figure. Oo-Larr is definitely not as cool as Vikor, but I'm not really bothered by it either.

I think we need a compendium of TG/MOTUC conspiracy theories. Oh, darn, I shouldn't have suggested that...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    "Keep reading the commentaries!"
    "Maybe in a movie year!"

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    It kind of sounds like the stereotypical noise a tribesman (or Tarzan-like character) might make. Doesn't bother me one bit.
    I was thinking along those lines - sounds like a Tarzan character or something. As long as we get a cool 4H sculpted figure out of the deal, I could not care less if the name was a goof-up or intentional or whatever.

If he doesn't fess up I'm gunna be so mad

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    I don't really care what it says on the package because it goes in the recycling bin as soon as I open the figure. Oo-Larr is definitely not as cool as Vikor, but I'm not really bothered by it either.
    Rebellious and green! I like it.

this name is definitely one I'm not sticking with. it's funny, the 'real names' were started because "no mother would name her kid Beast Man" but the real names is many cases have been waaaay cornier than the names we've known them as.

Fear is faith in failure

I don't mind the name at all. I'm looking forward to seeing the figure if we get him, but I can't imagine it's gonna be anything other than a He-Man without shoes or armor, and that's a bit weak. I rather hope they try and do something unique with him, but I can't imagine what they'd do.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Oo-Larr makes as much sense as any other name in these bios...or why the earth based names don't need a last name...
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

I think the name is cheesey, but I really don't care about the name. Just as long as the figure looks cool, I'm happy. I hope that this "Oo-larr" has a new head sculpt.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

i like the name.

cheesy? is there such a thing in eternia?