Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Oo-Larr Official Discussion and Speculation thread

Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Oo-Larr... is anybody actually buying this nonesense?
    Yes.

Actually, I buy needless-nonsense on every 15th and I like it.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

I don't read the bios; they are attempts to recreate for motu what Hama did for G I Joe that I feel fall very short. If you want a story, write a comic!

This thread is making me want an Oo-Larr
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Heroic Warrior
    Hmm what about He-Man of the Gnarl valley

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    I don't like a lot of what TG has done as brand manager. With that having been said, I think it's a real schmuck thing to do-to hypothesize about possible problems that he may or may not have been responsible for-for "fun". The line has enough problems. Want to feaux-rage? Pick a legitimate one and have at it.

And any son of mine would have been raised well enough that he wouldn't harass people "for fun".
    Wow, so now you've stooped to name calling (i.e, "real schmuck"), insulting my parents, and indicted me for harassment all because I started a tongue-in-cheek thread about Oo-Larr!?! LMAO!!

Seriously, are you feeling ok man?

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlitzer View Post
    Perhaps we could limit the discussion to the topic raised, not why it was raised. Great thing about these forums is , you dont have to participate in every topic!
    AMEN!!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Me too!
    Last edited by Executioner; March 5, 2012 at 08:04pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Oo-lar...sounds primitive...he's a primitive guy...works for me.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Wow, so now you've stooped to name calling (i.e, "real schmuck"), insulting my parents, and indicted me for harassment all because I started a tongue-in-cheek thread about Oo-Larr!?! LMAO!!
    I said it was a schmuck (read: contemptible) thing to do. I never called you anything. Just like you never called me a crab when you posted the picture of a crab, or called danielsan a crybaby when you posted the picture of the tissue.

As for the tongue-in-cheek nature of your original post, I wonder how many others thought it was that at all. Most seem to be responding to it as if it were a legitimate post. Might I suggest anything at all (a "humor" thread tag or something like "/kidding" at the end) to indicate that it is supposed to be a joke the next time you decide to post something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by The All American
    I guess to me, just go ahead and take off He-Man's armor and you pretty much got Oo-Larr.
    It's also the bracers, boots, and belt. Subtract those things and throw in an Alcala head, and it's pretty different. Even if I DO end up putting the Alcala head on my normal He-Man. I know they won't, but it would be cool if they made a bulkier buck to mirror his early appearance.
    Last edited by Prince Adam's Dad; March 5, 2012 at 08:19pm.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Heroic Warrior
    I said it was a schmuck (read: contemptible) thing to do. I never called you anything. Just like you never called me a crab when you posted the picture of a crab, or called danielsan a crybaby when you posted the picture of the tissue.

As for the tongue-in-cheek nature of your original post, I wonder how many others thought it was that at all.
    Calling someone a "crabby crab" is a reflection of their current disposition and attitude, not an indication of their overall character as a human being. You can try and sugar coat this all you like, but point blank you called me a schmuck, which is a flat out insult. If you meant "contemptible", you should have used that word instead. That would have been easy enough to do, no? As for the tissue, I didn't call anyone a "crybaby" and you know it. By posting a tissue box picture I merely insinuated that perhaps this individual was taking things a little too seriously and I did so, again, with my tongue-in-cheek. There is a BIG difference.

Name calling is not cool, but in the end its all sticks and stones my friend. Peace.

He'll always be Naked Hippy He-Man to me.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Any time I want an Oo-Larr I make sure to buy the girl dinner first. It's only polite.

is anyone pronoucing it OH-larr? i pronounce it oo-lar (the oo rhymes with moo).

I've always pronounced Oo-lar like you, rhymes with moo.

My friend, you can post on any thread you like. I was just mildly amused by your quitting the line announcement because I knew you wouldn't pull the trigger.

Its all good! http://avaloncr.com/foro/images/smil...by_smiekie.gif
    Did you now? Well, If you read my "quitting" thread, I said I was fulfilling my obligation and letting my 2012 sub run it's course. I'm still not subbing next year at this point. Nothing has changed.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    Did you now? Well, If you read my "quitting" thread, I said I was fulfilling my obligation and letting my 2012 sub run it's course. I'm still not subbing next year at this point. Nothing has changed.
    Yeah, but you didn't sell all your stuff either now did you? Not subbing and quitting the line are two different beasts. Anyway, glad to have you around still man. You're good peoples!

I know right, its like Oo-Larrd (oh lord), what's gonna be said next!!

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    is anyone pronoucing it OH-larr? i pronounce it oo-lar (the oo rhymes with moo).
    I pronounce is OH-Larr, because of MOE-Larr.
    Last edited by Executioner; March 5, 2012 at 08:47pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'll probably rename mine. If he's from the Valley of Gnarl, he could be called GNARLOS.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    I'll probably rename mine. If he's from the Valley of Gnarl, he could be called GNARLOS.
    OMG, you made me wake up the baby I'm laughing so hard!

On this issue i'd usually say ignore the name and don't sweat the small stuff but all these new stupid names and stories are messing with the memories we had as kids. I do believe certain people are on power/ego trips and need to pull their head in and more attention and care should be placed on this line and its history and future. This is not the star wars massive expanded gallaxy. We need quality not quantity. This is after all an adult line.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm indifferent about Oo-Larr...

Don't know if a naked He-Man variant would work. But I want an Alcala He-Man head! That's for sure!

I definitely want the early mini-comic He-Man as a figure. In my mind, Oo-Larr is to Tarzan what Vikor is to Conan. Was the name Oo-Larr a mistake that was originally supposed to be Mo-Larr? Maybe, but I don't think it really matters. If they didn't call him Oo-Larr then they would have called him something else, and it might not have been any better.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    How do you know it was Scott who messed up and not the person filing the Trademark?? How do you know that Scott even does that as part of his job? Do you work at Mattel or are you just looking for yet another reason to stir the pot?

Put the spoon away.
    I like to use a ladle, better for dishing it out......

I don't like a lot of what TG has done as brand manager. With that having been said, I think it's a real schmuck thing to do-to hypothesize about possible problems that he may or may not have been responsible for-for "fun". The line has enough problems. Want to feaux-rage? Pick a legitimate one and have at it.

And any son of mine would have been raised well enough that he wouldn't harass people "for fun".
    I have a legitimate issue, why make the thread more of an issue than the original post was actually supposed to be? These threads are all over the place about Scott and all, doesn't mean you have to read all of them or even reply....if the thread was a pointless rant it would have been closed long ago, like many others have been.

My son won't harass or bully either, but I see no harassment, it's not like Scott is being E-mailed or sent hate mail or being called 4 eyes walking down the street over a stupid thing like Oo-Larr's name, by the OP, Maybe regardless if an attempt at humor (which I kind of see it), or not it could have possibly been worded different, but if not how would it have been different from any other Scott induced rant?, and as I said, if the mods thought it was Scott bashing in the least, the thread would have been closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Spaceman View Post
    Any time I want an Oo-Larr I make sure to buy the girl dinner first. It's only polite.
    Seconded!....In fact just last night..... EDITED FOR CONTENT !!!
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I got no problem with the names even though most of them were corny to begin with. I just hope Mattel makes him unique like the other He-Men rather than just a He-Man in a speedo. I suppose he could have war paint on his body similar to the 200X Jungle Attack He-Man. (which I never bothered to get) But give him a spear because I've got enough axes as it is.

Heroic Warrior
    @ this being merged into the "no one bothers to read it" area.

Hey Executioner,

Attached Images Attached Images
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Is that NA Julia Child? Ooooh, NA's equivalent to Chef Allen?!?
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post