View Poll Results: What Should Stinkor's Origin Be?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Odiphus!!!

128 74.42%
  • No Origin!!!

13 7.56%
  • A Mutant From Birth!!!

5 2.91%
  • A Member Of A Race Of Skunk-like Creatures!!!

9 5.23%
  • Other(please explain)!!!

2 1.16%
  • I Don't Care!!!

15 8.72%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stinkor: Odiphus or Nodiphus???

Stinkor's origin could probably do better than Odiphus, but I really like it that way.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I also like the fact that Stinkor is mutated, therefore one of a kind and unique!
    No race of Stinkors living in a jungle somewhere... (Beastman)
    Not even king of the skunks (Merman)
    No last if the species (Webstor)
    Just... STINKOR, SMELLY FREAK![/QUOTE]

That how I like it to remain. A mutant one of a kind.

Odiphus all the way! That's my single favorite episode of MYP. It's a great origin story, IMO.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Heroic Warrior
    Definitely Odiphus

Odiphus for sure!

Sorceress Supreme Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Definitely Odiphus!

Odiphus for me

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    am I the only one who dislikes Stinkor being a mutated Ewok/Mogwai?
    Yes.

I LOVE Stinkor, but I'd prefer he either have no origin, be a mutant from birth, or just an extremely rank smelling member of a skunk-like race.
    Your preference for no origin instead of an established one makes no sense to me. If he were a mysterious character like Shadow Weaver I'd agree with you.

I like his MYP origin story but I could deal with him being from a skunk-like race.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Yes.
    You must not be very good with numbers since the poll results say otherwise.

Your preference for no origin instead of an established one makes no sense to me. If he were a mysterious character like Shadow Weaver I'd agree with you.
    I honestly don't think it's that complicated a concept to grasp. I don't like Odiphus(just because it was used once in a canceled cartoon doesn't make it "established" to me) so I would rather Stinkor not have an origin. There are also people who prefer Skeletor having no origin instead of being saddled with Keldor.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I honestly don't think it's that complicated a concept to grasp. I don't like Odiphus(just because it was used once in a canceled cartoon doesn't make it "established" to me) so I would rather Stinkor not have an origin. There are also people who prefer Skeletor having no origin instead of being saddled with Keldor.
    he got a statue so he was not only used in the show and the fist he-man is a canceled cartoon to lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    he got a statue so he was not only used in the show and the fist he-man is a canceled cartoon to lol
    He got a statue since the toyline was already cancelled(and the statue didn't come with Odiphus which is what this poll is about) and Filmation stopped after making 130 episodes. MYP was cancelled and ended on a cliffhanger.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Sorry, I didn't know you were the math authority around here.

Joking aside, I'll take a stab at the numbers. So there's 104 total votes and only 10 people of those 104 voted like you. In terms of arithmetic it would translate to: 10/104 or approx. 9.6% who'd like anything but MYP's take.

When we subtract the 7 people who could care less (in arithmatic terms is 7/104 or approx. 6.7%) from the equation, it leaves 87 people or 87/104 which is approx. 83.7% who prefer Odiphus.

I stand corrected! You are NOT the only one who prefers anything besides Odiphus, but you're in the minority.

I honestly don't think it's that complicated a concept to grasp.
    Maybe, but I'm still trying to grasp the math I did above. At least you're keeping me honest.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

He got a statue since the toyline was already cancelled(and the statue didn't come with Odiphus which is what this poll is about) and Filmation stopped after making 130 episodes. MYP was cancelled and ended on a cliffhanger.
    the Odiphus statue did come out it was with Jitsu

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    I love the MYP background story. Seeing Odiphus in prison when Kahn escapes was priceless.

I also like the fact that Stinkor is mutated, therefore one of a kind and unique!
    No race of Stinkors living in a jungle somewhere... (Beastman)
    Not even king of the skunks (Merman)
    No last if the species (Webstor)
    Just... STINKOR, SMELLY FREAK!
    I second that Eterniandreams! I always loved Stinkor and the Odiphus background just made me love him even more. As far as I'm concerned: give us Odiphus as an bonus with Stinkor! Great bio! (Oh yeah, I voted Odiphus, in case you were wondering ;-))
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

I'm tired of characters' origin stories, they kill of all the imagination and deprive the franchise of its mystery elements... Look at the MOTUC bios to see where this stuff leads to....
    Awesome sticker included!

As I've said elsewhere, I prefer vintage design wise.

But 200x provided great explinations and stories for previously basically unknown things.

Odiphus was just instant classic. So of course I'm glad it'll probably be included.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    As I've said elsewhere, I prefer vintage design wise.
    So when Stinkor is released, would you like a smooth skinned figure(original) with skunk stripes OR would you like to see the 4H use the Beastman/Carnivus buck(more skunk like) to make him look more like his original cardback art?

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    All I want is that he's not just an average skunk man from the race of skunk people who all have the power of patchouli oil. That would be too ridiculous.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Other. Personally, i'd like to see what new background story Mattel could come up with for Stinkor. If Odiphus is to be released with Stinkor, then i guess the 200X story seems the way to go.

So when Stinkor is released, would you like a smooth skinned figure(original) with skunk stripes OR would you like to see the 4H use the Beastman/Carnivus buck(more skunk like) to make him look more like his original cardback art?
    I'm very happy that the 4H decided to ditch the smooth skinned look for the Beastman cardback art version.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    I'm tired of characters' origin stories, they kill of all the imagination and deprive the franchise of its mystery elements... Look at the MOTUC bios to see where this stuff leads to....
    This times a million.

MOTU hardly ever had origins or bios and that's what made it cool back in the day. It made you think, it made you use your imagination. Killing off lots of the mystery and unknown in MOTU while using played out angles and storylines just makes me sad. (and this is exactly why I disapprove of "Uncle Keldor", "King Grayskull", etc...)

Anyways, I voted that I don't care. I can accept the Odiphus origin of Stinkor, but I wouldnt shed a tear if we never get a little Odiphus guy or not. I just want Stinkor.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    This times a million.

MOTU hardly ever had origins or bios and that's what made it cool back in the day. It made you think, it made you use your imagination. Killing off lots of the mystery and unknown in MOTU while using played out angles and storylines just makes me sad. (and this is exactly why I disapprove of "Uncle Keldor", "King Grayskull", etc...)

Anyways, I voted that I don't care. I can accept the Odiphus origin of Stinkor, but I wouldnt shed a tear if we never get a little Odiphus guy or not. I just want Stinkor.
    I know this reference will be lost on a Star Wars hater like you, but MYP was the Star Wars Prequels of toy based cartoons.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Warrior
    Huge Stinkor fan. Really dislike Odiphus. They really could have done better or at least allowed the mystery surrounding Stinkor to survive.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't really care about Stinkor's official origin really, but I love the idea of a cuddly lil guy that yearns to be evil.

Heroic Warrior
    Agreed.
    I actually used to like the fact that the vintage card backs basically said as little as possible...
    I know that this is a moot point since most of the bios are coming from the MYP MOTU cartoon(and that's the only Stinkor origin so far), but am I the only one who dislikes Stinkor being a mutated Ewok/Mogwai? For the record, I LOVE Stinkor, but I'd prefer he either have no origin, be a mutant from birth, or just an extremely rank smelling member of a skunk-like race.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE