Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evil-Lyn = Pandora

Evil-Lyn = Pandora

So... according to general MOTU "lore" - especially the cardback "Bios" - Evil-Lyn has so far freed:

King-Hsss
    Hordak
    Gy-Gor

& gave Marzo his amulet back...
    & helped Hordak "meld" Demo-Man with Keldor to create Skeletor....

Not sure of the sequence of trouble-making, nor the exact reasons. I think the story is something like: she freed the Snake to catch the Spider, she freed the Bat to catch the Snake, she freed the Ape to catch the Bat... uh...

Seems like she is MOTU's Eve, releasing evil into the world, or at least a Pandora, letting it all out of the box!

Is there anything else she can be blamed for? Perhaps Screech or Panthor?

Do any of the other characters ever getting worried about who she is going to spring next!!? I rather like her new-role of occult jail-breaker.

Can we now have a life-sized Evil-Lyn dagger to cut open our own magical-toy-boxes with?
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; June 21, 2010 at 04:47pm.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Skeletor: "That's it, Evil-Lynn. I'm revoking your privileges to play with my evil magic artifacts for a month. Bad Evil-lynn. Bad."
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

Does she release Hordak in MOTUC? Because she releases Gy-Gor to combat Hordak.

She's doing Skeletor a favour by bolstering his forces with Gy-Gor, so I don't get the uproar in that other thread over her freeing him. Who else is qualified for that job anyway, she's clearly got experience, lol.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    So... according to the card-back "Bios" Evil-Lyn has so far freed:

King-Hsss
    Hordak
    Gy-Gor

& helped Hordak "meld" Demo-Man with Keldor to create Skeletor.

Not sure of the sequence or the reasons. I think the story is something like: she freed the Snake to catch the Spider, she freed the Bat to catch the Snake, she freed the Ape to catch the Bat... uh...

Seems like she is MOTU's Eve, releasing evil into the world, or at least a Pandora, letting it all out of the box!

Is there anything else she can be blamed for? Perhaps Screech or Panthor?

Do any of the other characters ever getting worried about who she is going to spring next!!?

Though it might be getting a bit silly (& when is MOTU NOT a bit silly?) I rather like her new-role of occult jail-breaker.

Better yet - she's still getting away with it!
    Evil-Lyn has always been a power-ho, looking for that next big break or opportunity. She dates Keldor for power, steals the Ram stone for power (although she was conflicted this time), betrays Skeletor to King Hiss in exchange for power, tries to free Hordak for power, gives Marzo back his amulet for power.

Fans might think it's weird that Skeletor isn't conjuring warriors from other dimensions (although he did get Tri-Klops, Trap Jaw and Scare Glow). I think this alludes to the idea that Evil-Lyn thinks BIG and goes for the really powerful dudes, while Skeletor often plays it safe and summons guys that he KNOWS he can control. It also shows Evil-Lyn as more competent (or at least a helluva lot bolder) than her fellow Evil Warriors.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Evil-Lyn has always been a power-ho, looking for that next big break or opportunity. She dates Keldor for power, steals the Ram stone for power (although she was conflicted this time), betrays Skeletor to King Hiss in exchange for power, tries to free Hordak for power, gives Marzo back his amulet for power.

Fans might think it's weird that Skeletor isn't conjuring warriors from other dimensions (although he did get Tri-Klops, Trap Jaw and Scare Glow). I think this alludes to the idea that Evil-Lyn thinks BIG and goes for the really powerful dudes, while Skeletor often plays it safe and summons guys that he KNOWS he can control. It also shows Evil-Lyn as more competent (or at least a helluva lot bolder) than her fellow Evil Warriors.

This why she is called EVIL Lyn. Not Bad Lyn, Angry Lyn, Indifferent lyn, Lyn you might not take home to mom. She's EVIL!

Let's face it, Lyn is a witch *****.

Always ready to free, unleash, summon or awake whatever comes her way. You just gotta love her for that.
    Last edited by Barnster; June 21, 2010 at 02:59pm.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

At least she hasn't Released the Krakken yet.
    While the Pandora Lyn thing seems cool at first is starting to feel overplayed.
    What is she going to bring Flogg and his crew to Eternia?
    What's she gonna do when she runs out of baddies to release?
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

The way I see it, the Evil-Lyn/Skeletor relationship is pretty much the same as Starscream/Megatron.

Tease your boss and get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Just won't happen. There is always a "graver danger" (gawd, I hated this punch line...) to be found on Eternia!!
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Heroic Warrior BIG DADDY SINISTER's Avatar
    It makes sense, and it is established as within her character, but I agree that the "freeing the Devil to combat the Antichrist" gimmick is becoming overplayed. And has this tactic ever worked in her favor? She joined Keldor only to be shunted aside when he became Skeletor. She freed Hsss and the Snakemen only to nearly be eaten by Hsss, then discarded. And apparently freeing Hordak doesn't exactly endear her to the Horde Leader, as she's right back in Skelly's camp, plotting to defeat Hordak by...you guessed it...freeing another evil bastich.

If history's any indicator, most likely the first thing Cygor will do upon being freed is hit Lyn upside the head with a giant handful of poop.
    "Who do you pray to... when you're the religion?" - THOR

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Evil Lyn is just a hell raiser...I love it!
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Heroic Warrior BIG DADDY SINISTER's Avatar
    A "hell-raiser", yes. Quite literally.

She's going to free Charles Manson and OJ Simpson next.
    "Who do you pray to... when you're the religion?" - THOR

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    At least she hasn't Released the Krakken yet.
    While the Pandora Lyn thing seems cool at first is starting to feel overplayed.
    What is she going to bring Flogg and his crew to Eternia?
    AAAAAWWWWW!!! why did you have to go and spoil the surprise.

Come on now lets not give Mattel any more "NEW" ideas.

It's funny, I was going to start a very similar thread today.

I was going to point out that Evil-Lyn has become a poor one note character, that her quest for "power" which involved repeatedly freeing greater beings really diminishes who she is.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG DADDY SINISTER View Post
    It makes sense, and it is established as within her character, but I agree that the "freeing the Devil to combat the Antichrist" gimmick is becoming overplayed. And has this tactic ever worked in her favor? She joined Keldor only to be shunted aside when he became Skeletor. She freed Hsss and the Snakemen only to nearly be eaten by Hsss, then discarded. And apparently freeing Hordak doesn't exactly endear her to the Horde Leader, as she's right back in Skelly's camp, plotting to defeat Hordak by...you guessed it...freeing another evil bastich.

If history's any indicator, most likely the first thing Cygor will do upon being freed is hit Lyn upside the head with a giant handful of poop.

And that's the big reason why I'm disliking Evil-lyn. It would be one thing if she was trying to "trade up" and gaining ground, but she fails to learn the lesson about the nature of greater evils. They're not genies waiting to bestow grateful wishes on you, they're waiting to be released so they can kill everyone, the releaser included. What makes it funny/ironic is that her bio actually says: "In a series of miscalculations, she helped release both King Hssss™ and Hordak™ from their interdimensional prisons. Evil-Lyn® uses her crystal ball to foresee the evil future!" Guess that crystal ball hasn't been working very well for her lately.

Seriously, if I were Skeletor, after she freed Gygor, I'd kill her and be done with it or at the very least magic leash her.
    Last edited by Pravus Prime; June 21, 2010 at 05:14pm.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
    And that's the big reason why I'm disliking Evil-lyn. It would be one thing if she was trying to "trade up" and gaining ground, but she fails to learn the lesson about the nature of greater evils. They're not genies waiting to bestow grateful wishes on you, they're waiting to be released so they can kill everyone, the releaser included. What makes it funny/ironic is that her bio actually says: "In a series of miscalculations, she helped release both King Hssss™ and Hordak™ from their interdimensional prisons. Evil-Lyn® uses her crystal ball to foresee the evil future!" Guess that crystal ball hasn't been working very well for her lately.

Seriously, if I were Skeletor, after she freed Gygor, I'd kill her and be done with it or at the very least magic leash her.
    Why would she learn from Gygor? THIS time she was successful. Skeletor has a new Evil Warrior and Evil-Lyn being the second in command, has a powerful new flunky. It smells like a promotion for Evil-Lyn if anything!

If anything, she's getting better at the whole Pandora thing, just like Skeletor.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

In defence of Evil-Lyn (one of the most interesting characters in MOTU) how is this any different from Keldor being Hordak's butt-boy (& Hordak being Horde-Prime's), or Skeletor stealing a Monty-haul of magical artifacts to break into Greyskull?

Evil-Lyn is doing what they all do - searching for power enough to break down the Jawbridge & get schooled by a master - no matter how psycho that teacher may be.

However - so far she hasn't had her face burnt off, been melded with a demon, nor been trapped for a boring long time in any weird dimensions. So she's doing pretty good. Plus, she's got a few summoned/created/bound(?) creatures herself, like Screeech.

Evil-Lyn thinks BIG and goes for the really powerful dudes, while Skeletor often plays it safe and summons guys that he KNOWS he can control. It also shows Evil-Lyn as more competent (or at least a helluva lot bolder) than her fellow Evil Warriors.
    Good point. But perhaps Evil-Lyn is also more desperate than Skeletor (perhaps she is mortal & running out of time? or just afraid of becoming enslaved herself?) & willing to take greater risks....

It works well too considering that witches were known for summoning horrible things & doing unspeakable (though not necessarily unwatchable ) deals.

Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

Good point. But perhaps Evil-Lyn is also more desperate than Skeletor (perhaps she is mortal & running out of time? or just afraid of becoming enslaved herself?) & willing to take greater risks....
    Skeletor is immortal?

haha funny thread....they really need to make evil lyn sit the bench for awhile.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Warrior

agreed

[QUOTE=Barnster;2460487]The way I see it, the Evil-Lyn/Skeletor relationship is pretty much the same as Starscream/Megatron.

agreed

Maybe she thought Gygor would see her yellow-ness and think she's his mama?

I guess Evil Lyn just likes things loose and free.......

Wait..... that sounds wrong
    Mattel I demand the following:

Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,

My Facebook, check it out!

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG DADDY SINISTER View Post
    funny!!! but maybe Evil Lynn will entice Gygor with some type of monkey treats to gain his obedience.

Quote Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
    "In a series of miscalculations, she helped release both King Hssss™ and Hordak™ from their interdimensional prisons. Evil-Lyn® uses her crystal ball to foresee the evil future!" Guess that crystal ball hasn't been working very well for her lately.
    well, don't they say that psychics are fakes?

Why would she learn from Gygor? THIS time she was successful. Skeletor has a new Evil Warrior and Evil-Lyn being the second in command, has a powerful new flunky. It smells like a promotion for Evil-Lyn if anything!

If anything, she's getting better at the whole Pandora thing, just like Skeletor.
    Exactly.

let's not forget Skeletor's failed attempt at summoning a demon for power... Sh'gora.... look at how that turned out, they were almost all killed. and He-man had to come save their sorry asses....

IMO, i love Evil Lynn for her ambition, and backstabbing everyone for personal gain, etc.... she's just like Starscream, which imo makes her a fan favorite. At least she isn't sitting on her 'duff' waiting for someone to give her an order, like the rest of the 'flunkies'....
    she's a take-charge woman, for sure.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Wolfchild: if he got his face burnt off but lives, I'm guessing he is NOT going to age & die in his sleep....

gbagok/Swift Wind:

Considering that the likes of Hordak almost tore Eternia in two, you'd expect a witch as powerful as Evil-Lyn to be able to free/summon just about anything. She's not Skeletor's right-hand & trying to break into Greyskull for herself for nothing...!

Eternia - being the centre of the cosmos & location of the Fortress of Secrets & Power - is a place that tends to attract ambitious types.....

±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Maybe she thought Gygor would see her yellow-ness and think she's his mama?
    she could be my momma any day

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Wind View Post
    I guess Evil Lyn just likes things loose and free.......

Wait..... that sounds wrong
    and yet it sounds oh so right.....
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Wolfchild: if he got his face burnt off but lives, I'm guessing he is NOT going to age & die in his sleep....
    Hmmm doesn't make him immortal in my book, but by that do you mean he was already immortal as Keldor? The plot thickens...