Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Filmation character do you think we'd get first?

Elder Councilman

Which Filmation character do you think we'd get first?

I know everyone's gonna jump on "SHADOW WEAVER!!!!!!!!!!!!", but hear me out for a second:

this line is dedicated to shared parts, which means there's a very likely chance that the first figures that come out the door will have shared parts based on the figures that've already been released.

My immediate guess is likely Lord Masque, or possibly Shokoti( pending nobody minds her getting the Teela buck), as well as a few trollans.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    SHADOW WEAVER!!!!!!!!!!!
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

I think it'll be Shadow Weaver. They know how much we want her and it would be amazing to have her prototype released the same time they make the announcement.

Also, we dont know if or when it will happen. Maybe by the time it does, we will have some parts that'll work with Shadow Weaver.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Yep. Once 'full dress' Marlena is done, shadow weaver basically needs a new head and a cape...
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    Yep. Once 'full dress' Marlena is done, shadow weaver basically needs a new head and a cape...
    good thought!
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Strong Arm

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Molgran View Post
    Strong Arm

Absolutely, Strongarm would not need that many new parts. A new head, arm, armor, boots. I also think Batros would not need many new parts.

"SHADOW WEAVER!!!!!!!!!!!one"

Actually, the first FILMation character is going to get new parts, since the "first" 200X character, Marzo did. They'll do Weaver for the same reason they did Marzo, because he's a major fan favorite and doesn't have the same look in other doable mediums.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

I really think that they'll throw Shadow Weaver at us first as the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT OF FILMATION RIGHTS!!! Then follow up with someone like Icer or Strong Arm who wouldn't need a lot of new parts.
    Last edited by Bulkhide; June 22, 2010 at 01:38am.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

It'll be Plundor, because they'll want to come out of left field with a figure that proves their dedication to making this a diverse line that has hard-core appeal.

Shadow Weaver. I don't think they have to make a new sculpt for her just a new dress.

I WANT the first one to be HE-MAN since that look is the most iconic one, but I can't argue with this sentiment:

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkhide View Post
    I really thing that they'll throw Shadow Weaver at us first as the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT OF FILMATION RIGHTS!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    I believe Toyguru and Mattel have stated that when they get Filmation rights Shadow Weaver will be the first made.

Otherwise I think it will be Sea Hawk. He's in high demand and could easily be made from mostly existing parts.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I WANT the first one to be HE-MAN since that look is the most iconic one, but I can't argue with this sentiment:
    I have to agree with this. I mean, are we talking "Filmation" characters in the MOTUC style, or are we talking actual Filmation stylized-characters? (i.e. less detailed, more animated style. Similar to how the "Real Ghostbusters" resembled their cartoon counterparts instead of their movie ones.)

If we're talking about just adding Filmation-rights characters to the MOTUC line, then definitely Shadow Weaver.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Since I think they might only buy/use the Filmation rights to revitalize the line, if it ever needs revitalization (barring a movie happening), I'd say Shadow Weaver because she's the biggest bang for the buck, BUT...

Lizard Man
    Strong Arm
    Icer
    Uncle Montork
    Madame Razz & Broom
    Dree-Elle
    Scorpia
    Octavia
    Evil-Lyn (Filmation design)
    Sea Hawk
    Lord Masque
    Shokoti

are all must-haves... and hey, that's an entire year right there.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar
    !!batros!!
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

-_- Orko -_-
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

...is what I'd like to see.

Wow that Strongarm is awesome! I'd love to see that. I guess that one is a custom?

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Oh, I think Shadow Weaver, all the way - without a doubt the most important Filmation character.

There're tons they could make (and I'd buy), but I think for me, anyway, the must-have Filmation figures are all POP-related: Weaver, Madame Razz and Scorpia, in particular. (But as I said, I'd buy Sea Hawk, Lizard Man, Icer, Masque, etc, etc, etc.)
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I really think Strong Arm has the best chance of getting made, as far as re-using parts goes. All he would really need is a new head sculpt. Shadow weaver would require an entirely new sculpt, that probably would not be able to be re-used very much down the line, but its not impossible. Just my two cents.

Maybe someone like Scorpia first, to show off that they have the rights. I think they'd let the anticipation build a few months after that before announcing Shadow Weaver.

And, if they were smart, they'd use the time between announcing Scorpia and releasing Shadow Weaver to increase production. 'Cause I have a feeling they might need it for Shadow Weaver

i know it will be SW, but I want Lizard Man and Icer so bad!
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    IMP.. with Filmation Hordak.. at an SDCC or something.. kind of the way Orko/Adam is being sold.

Quote Originally Posted by phnx75 View Post
    Wow that Strongarm is awesome! I'd love to see that. I guess that one is a custom?
    Yeah, Master English here on the forums did that one.

Honestly, I'd like to see a flocked Plundor. I say that because only his head would need to be flocked. He could be made up entirely of Count Marzo's lower half, standard male torso and upper arms, Hodak's forearms and hands (I'd even opt for Mer-Man's hands just to see them again) and Tri-Klop's armor. Ther's your pink Easter Bunny warlord and all they'd have to shell out for is a new head sculpt with pink flocking.