347. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!!!

275 79.25%
  • No!!!

72 20.75%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Like Orko???

Do You Like Orko???

Since it seems that there are still so many MOTU fans who find the less Orko in their MOTU the better & others who outright despise him with every ounce of their being, I was curious as to how the ranks of He-Man.org feel about this divisive character(or at least "the ranks" who vote in this poll).

Do You Like Orko???

Personally, I not only LOVE the character, he's in my Top 5 MOTU Heroes.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I have always hated him, I never watched Filmation and My Nana bought me Orko home from a visit to Sydney! I opened it, pulled the rip cord once, and threw him into a pile of spare toys, and played with the magic Trick!

I loved what the 200x toy looked like, cos it looked like a mage. But As a character they kept him stupid! they could have made him wise and powerful -think Yoda in a dress- but they kept him silly!

Its always bugged me that hes such a purely 'Filmation' style design and concept and yet we are stuck with him, and cant have Shadow weaver!!

IMO
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I've always liked the Filmation Orko and the Orko from the vintage mini-comics but I can't stand the orko from the myp cartoon.
    "The physics is theoretical, but the fun is real."
    -Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I will NEVER buy a subscription!

Orko has always had a special places in my heart as hes a key character to the series that I loved and started watching.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Orko's not that bad. I'm looking forward to getting him.

Love him!

Loved him then. Love him now.

I think the figure looks bloomin' awesome!!

Finally I've found that I belong here.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Definitely not. He's one of the characters I wouldn't mind losing in the Great Purge of the Ultimate Battlegound Part Deux...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    I loved what the 200x toy looked like, cos it looked like a mage. But As a character they kept him stupid! they could have made him wise and powerful -think Yoda in a dress- but they kept him silly!
    200X Orko was way more competent than Filmation Orko, especially if he could slow down great mages like Skeletor or King Hsss with basic spells. He even disguised Cringer as Panthor and would have reset the fallen Colossi around the palace if Man-At-Arms didn't mess him up.

I think Orko works in small doses. I also think that MYP did right in portraying his power levels. Think Akiro from Conan the Destroyer. A mage who is stuck using low level spells, rather than a mage who can't control his magic.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; June 23, 2010 at 10:28am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Orko is cool.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    200X Orko was way more competent than Filmation Orko, especially if he could slow down great mages like Skeletor or King Hsss with basic spells. He even disguised Cringer as Panthor and would have reset the fallen Colossi around the palace if Man-At-Arms didn't mess him up.

I think Orko works in small doses. I also think that MYP did right in portraying his power levels.
    You are absolutley right, In MYP Orko had an 'outsiders' point of view, and definetly had the 'ooomph' to back it up! and they didnt over use him -unlike Filmation that had him in nearly every scene of the 10 or so eps Ive ever seen.

My problem in MYP was the voice-again- they could have given him a less annoying voice, but they stuck with the Kiddy/joke voice.

And as i said, the actual scuplt of the 200x figure is beautiful, I love the hands and the shape of the knee in the robe. But most of all I loved how they adapted the awful 'O' into a medallion. Definetly one of the most underrated of the 200X figs!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Hated him as a kid, hate him as a grown-up - though he was better in 200x.

The only Orko I'd accepted would be this version:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...0&postcount=55

++++++++++++++
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Hated him as a kid, hate him as a grown-up - though he was better in 200x.

The only Orko I'd accepted would be this version:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...0&postcount=55

++++++++++++++
    That, to me, looks like Shadow Weaver after a sex change, not Orko. Although. considering the fact that I felt Orko sounded like a pre-op ****** in the MYP cartoon, maybe that would be fitting. I'm just happy to know that the MOTUC Orko is Orko without any "upgrades" or new designs.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Warrior
    I've always loved Filmation Orko. So many people falsely think that he was an incompetent comic relief character. Go back and watch the Filmation show, and you'll see that not only was he a real asset to the heroic warriors, but he also saved their hides many times. MYP Orko was god-awful, always caused major problems, and had the worst voice ever. That Orko was worthless. Filmation Orko absolutely rocks, and I'm glad that his figure will be Filmation-accurate.

Orko is awesome!!

He's definitely one of my favorite heros!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

yes hes one of my faves in the 80s toon as he did have his good points more then in the 2000 series
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

Heroic Warrior BIG DADDY SINISTER's Avatar
    I freakin' HATE Orko!! He cost me my job, my professional reputation, and stole my woman!!

Just kidding. I love the little imp pimp!
    "Who do you pray to... when you're the religion?" - THOR

I voted yes, but he's certainly not one of my favorites. I liked the 200x more than the classic, but one is just about as annoying as the other.

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    Lol, great post Big Daddy!

Another fan of Orko right here. I grew up with the old toon, never really got into the figures too much though (Orko was among the few I bought) until the Classics. Can't wait to get (hopefully) 3 Orko's in August! 1 for me, 1 for my Son, and 1 to keep mint.

He's just an awesome character all around, imo. First off; he flies!! He can do magic, & he's a big ol' goof! All great qualities in a friend. Plus, he's almost ALWAYS giving away Adam's secret, which is just AWESOME! I'm all for at least Teela & Adam's parents being in the know.

Orko's look is PERFECT! I also like how we don't know what he looks like under his clothes, but I like to think he somewhat resembles an animated Hobbit with a small beard and a mop-top.
    Great B/S/T'ers: Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .org Feedback, and My Ebay For Sale!

I gotta be honest. NO.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that he shouldn't be on the cartoon, or that he shouldn't have a figure, or that you are dumb if you like ORKO. It's just that I see him as 'cutesy', and I don't like cutesy. Also don't like SNARF, GLEEK, or JAR JAR BINKS.

I do, however, like the concept of ORKO's magic not really working right because ETERNIA is different from where he's from, or something like that.

Also, I remember an episode of the old cartoon where ORKO and the female ORKO had to sing some kind of song to ward off evil or something. God, I hated that.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

I think he's great!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior BIG DADDY SINISTER's Avatar
    No, he is not great. Orko borrowed $500 from me a year ago, and hasn't even offered to pay me back. He keeps crying poverty and claiming his alimony payments are sucking him dry. A word to the wise: never lend a Trollan court jester money! They suddenly develop "selective amnesia".
    "Who do you pray to... when you're the religion?" - THOR

Here's hoping with so many people disliking Orko, he'll be easy to get on Matty or cheap on Ebay for the SDCC exclusive.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I like Orko, but I liked him better when I was a kid. I do think that Filmation over-used the character, but the MYP voice irked me.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Here's hoping with so many people disliking Orko, he'll be easy to get on Matty or cheap on Ebay for the SDCC exclusive.
    Don't think that'll happen. Remember all the people that were saying they hated She-Ra for one reason or another? If you check out the all the threads after the She-Ra sale, everyone who had been complaining was saying that they got three or four. Orko will be gone in five minutes.

Orko is great. His personality in filmation was far better thanin MYP I also liked that in filmation evil lyn and skeletor sw him as a threat to their plans (as a magician orko can feel magic and see through spells, apparently he also had outstanding hearing) in MYP I like that he faced off against bonehead and got the upper hand for a moment, but his voice in myp sucked rotten eggs, steve urkel on helium. the horsemen design on the toy is an amazing update but myp didn't translate it as well.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure