• Yes!!!

275 79.25%
  • No!!!

72 20.75%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do You Like Orko???

Heroic Warrior Wundar_Grayskull's Avatar
    Of course. Who wouldn't like Orko?

Of course I like Orko. I dont get why some people dont like him.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    200x? He's fine. Filmation? Gross.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Heroic Warrior
    Filmation Orko is great. he was a wondeful way to incorporate a childish character into a show with all adults. Learned alot of lessons from that little guy.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

No question, Orko is an A-lister. He should be in any upcoming MOTU movie as well.

I voted yes, but I always dreaded Orko themed episodes.

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Yes, I definitely like him!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Can't stand him. Comedy sidekicks who aren't funny or clever serve no purpose.

Yes, Orko is now a necessary character in MOTU lore. He represents a truly magical type of creature...like elves, gnomes, or fairies in traditional fantasy stories and folklore. And so he fills a vital role in maintaining that tradition.

However, I agree that using Orko in narratives requires balance and a deft touch. Easily this character could become annoying or silly if used improperly.

But if used in a similar way to Yoda that strikes a balance between wisdom and eccentric, he could be a very rich and rewarding character.

Personally I always thought Uncle Montork or The Oracle from "Power of Grayskull" was the correct way to handle a character like this. I would love a continuing Orko character done in this vein.

Originally voted no, but after watching a few dozen Filmation episodes, I'd change that to yes. He's a fun character.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by larsov View Post
    Yes, Orko is now a necessary character in MOTU lore. He represents a truly magical type of creature...like elves, gnomes, or fairies in traditional fantasy stories and folklore. And so he fills a vital role in maintaining that tradition.

However, I agree that using Orko in narratives requires balance and a deft touch. Easily this character could become annoying or silly if used improperly.

But if used in a similar way to Yoda that strikes a balance between wisdom and eccentric, he could be a very rich and rewarding character.

Personally I always thought Uncle Montork or The Oracle from "Power of Grayskull" was the correct way to handle a character like this. I would love a continuing Orko character done in this vein.
    Totally digging a "Yoda" vibe with Orko. He's a once great magician who has been relegated to Court Jester because his magic doesn't work on Eternia or Etheria. So he's constantly frustrated and trying to help, but it never works out. Also, in my canon he was *sent* to Eternia instead of just somehow ending up there. The Trollans send him there because the time of prophecy is at hand, when the Twins of Power will be born and destroy the Horde Empire. Orko is sent there to keep an eye on them, but of course things don't go exactly as planned.

No, I don't like Orko....I LOVE Orko!!!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Heroic Warrior
    Orko is important to the mythos; he is the wise simpleton, the child who sees this world as the young see it - the age-old character of the buffone of the commedia - and, in his origin and his hidden depths, the "other" secret identity. He shows that loyalty and goodwill can defeat evil as effectively as any sword - and that is central to a mystical world like Eternia.

Whatever is he is, he most certainly ISN'T a traitor and manipulative archvillain; this is a terminally lame idea dredged up by incompetent comic writers with no understanding of or appreciation of Eternia. Pathetic.

I did NOT like him as a kid. Now I do. Ironically, I think he was great in the original cartoon, but poorly done in the 200X show.

Yes, very much so. It was a good way to add a kid-type character without using a kid as someone above mentioned. I don't think he's anywhere near the goof that some may imply either, just a representive of a world with a vastly different mindset. That being said, I'm not too happy with the *implied* direction DC comics seems to be going with him, but as Edgar Allen Poe said in "Hark a Vagrant", "Stay tuned".

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    I did NOT like him as a kid. Now I do. Ironically, I think he was great in the original cartoon, but poorly done in the 200X show.
    I'm with you. As a kid, Orko drove me crazy. Then, I got the vintage figure and my opinion lightened up a bit. As an adult, looking back, I love Orko! Filmation only, though! I absolutely hate 200x Orko. It's really hard for me to accept that 200x Orko is Orko at all. Seems like a different character, to me.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

Why yes I do.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    I'm with you. As a kid, Orko drove me crazy. Then, I got the vintage figure and my opinion lightened up a bit. As an adult, looking back, I love Orko! Filmation only, though! I absolutely hate 200x Orko. It's really hard for me to accept that 200x Orko is Orko at all. Seems like a different character, to me.
    While I didn't hate him, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thought 200X Orko was a pale imitation of the original.

Orko Forever! Dark Orko Never!

Yes, I like the Filmation version, in the time honored role of the buffoon, the companion and sometimes guide for our hero, NOT the "secret agent" or evil version.

He is also the ONLY Trollan I give a crap about.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Orko is actually my favorite good guy from the entire MOTU mythos so I would have to vote YES

I love both Filmation and 200x Orko

I DESPISE Dark Orko (just the idea makes me want to vomit)
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Orko is like Yoda. So I voted Yes.
    Cats | Nikon | Transformers | Marvel Universe | Masters of the Universe Classics | Travel | Hobbyist | http://www.flickr.com/photos/denverernest/collections/

Yes like Orko
    2 HIGH PRIESTESS 3 EMPRESS SHE-MAN MASTERS
    He-Man Masters of the Universe Classics Princess of Power She-Ra Bow
    http://mastersoftheuniverseclassicsh...assics-images/