Thread: so, what about the man-At Arms' 200X arm canon?

Heroic Warrior

so, what about the man-At Arms' 200X arm canon?

so with all the hoopla and nonsense about Keldor not receiving his 200X Dual Blades because it sorta looks like the vintage power, let's talk about a weapon that's missing...the 200X arm canon that Duncan (Man-At-Arms) came with in the 200X toy line and readily used in the MYP cartoon. That one weapon made MAA 10 times cooler then he was in the 80s and I was a little miffed that he came with He-man's 200X Power Sword instead of his own weapon. Maybe they're saving it to come along with a future Dekker figure, which would make sense since he himself was a Man-At-Arms, was Duncan's teacher, and is retired. It could always say on his bio that when Dekker had retired, he handed off his powerful arm canon to his favorite pupil, Duncan. Hopefully since the arm canon never showed up in the vintage line, it will show up soon with someone or a weapons pack

Yeah I really wanted the 200X cannon for the Classics figure. I hope we get it at some point.
    Check out me and my friend's blog: Geek Culture

I agree about the arm cannon for MAA, the first thing I did with Keldor after opening is give him the 200X dual blades. IMO they look awesome with the figure.

Heroic Warrior
    I actually never realized the weapon was missing until you mentioned it. Shows how much I liked the cannon in the first place. However I like your idea to include it with a future Dekker figure. After all, Matty mentioned every figure will have at least 2 accessories (except Stratos who has nothing at all )
    Gegen 2-Klassen-Gesellschaft in Internet-Foren

Heroic Warrior
    For me I don't miss it at all. I always felt that 200X went too far with the "techy" kind of stuff, and lost too much of the fantasy/barbarian element.

I like for Man At Arms to be wielding that big huge club as his main weapon, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by customcrazy View Post
    For me I don't miss it at all. I always felt that 200X went too far with the "techy" kind of stuff, and lost too much of the fantasy/barbarian element.

I like for Man At Arms to be wielding that big huge club as his main weapon, but that's just me.
    Same here.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I hope we get it eventually. It was his main weapon in 200X.
    Besides...more weapons for the Master of Weapons is a good thing!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    No, you see, it can't be released, because in 200x the arm canon was just a reimagined version of the pistol that Mattel included with the Classics MAA. So, you know, they had to go back to the classic look for Classics, or something...

All joking aside, I would love to have MAA arm canon! I hope it's possible to get this somewhere down the road.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

while I certainly would never say it shouldn't be made, since there are obviously some who want it, I personally didn't even think about it. I really disliked all the over-sized weapons in the MYP/200x line. I actaully perfer the smaller hand blaster he did come with over the jumbo arm cannon he had during the 200x era.

Heroic Warrior
    I do think it would be cool in a weapons pack or something so those who want it have it. The more the merrier!

I just don't particularly miss it with my MAA fig, and actually enjoy it better without on the classics version.

A friend of mine repainted the 200X-Cannon. It is not finished yet. He said he's trying to reduce the details so it fits to MOTUC.

Finished or not, I already like it.

Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by upinout202 View Post
    while I certainly would never say it shouldn't be made, since there are obviously some who want it, I personally didn't even think about it. I really disliked all the over-sized weapons in the MYP/200x line. I actaully perfer the smaller hand blaster he did come with over the jumbo arm cannon he had during the 200x era.

Gotta say it's exactly the same for me with this too. Too techy and anime for me.

I do think it would be cool in a weapons pack or something so those who want it have it. The more the merrier!

I just don't particularly miss it with my MAA fig, and actually enjoy it better without on the classics version.
    Yeah i think thats fine too, that way everyones happy and if you dont want it then you can just sell it on ebay or just not display it
    MOST WANTED MOTUC FIGURES : MELAKTHA MADAME RAZZ FILMATION HORDAK PEEKABLUE MERMISTA QUEEN ANGELLA LIZARD MAN PERFUMA EVILSEED DREE ELLE VULTAK
    HUNGA SWEETBEE RED KNIGHT GENERAL SUNDAR GWILDOR SAUROD LOO-KEE FLUTTERINA SPINERELLA CATRA CAT FORM FILMATION SKELETOR

I would love to see a retroized version of the cannon; maybe a bit smaller and streamlined. Ya know, like they have been doing. Something that looks like it might have been updated from the vintage line. Otherwise, the 200X cannon actually fits pretty well, and I wouldn't really want an exact replica.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I always thought the cannon was a Millennium-ized version of the way the vintage MAA's forearm armor shot blasts of energy. If you think of it that way, MOTUC MAA actually does have it, in the form of the little nozzle on his left gauntlet.

Oh crap, I just gave Mattel their explanation, didn't I?

I would love to see the cannon released! Gimme!

Poe, you be quiet!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I always felt that 200X went too far with the "techy" kind of stuff, and lost too much of the fantasy/barbarian element.

I agree with this! The 'tech-morphing' of the 200x series was too over the top IMHO to fit in with the barbarian/sword & sorcery base to the original vintage MOTU, where much of the science was rediscovered from a lost age.

The MOTUC Man-At-Arms in my view perfectly captures the vintage feel of Duncan with more traditional hand-to-hand combat between the Masters and Skeletor's forces.

Originally posted by Poe Ghostal:
    I always thought the cannon was a Millennium-ized version of the way the vintage MAA's forearm armor shot blasts of energy. If you think of it that way, MOTUC MAA actually does have it, in the form of the little nozzle on his left gauntlet.
    ^^^ This also.

I would not be opposed to seeing the 200x canon released with a future version of MAA (or maybe equally appropriately with Dekker), but preferably as a general weapon, not a tech-morphing thing.

For what its worth, I was also much relieved when DC's Metallo lost his Nekron-gifted tech-morphing ability for something more 'believable'.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    I always saw his arm cannon as a nupdate to the MegaLaser. This weapon was origially made for M@A in wave 5 of the original line. IMO when they make this weapon I will count it as getting the 200X arm cannon. Beside we all know Matty will claim it as this as well. I post pictures from our own toy archive here for any one that might not remeber it:

Also the .org had the cardback proving this was M@A's weapon and was probably made because he used ray gun more than his mace in the filmation cartoon.

I also posted a direct link to the archive page on the .org for the weapon:

http://www.he-man.org/collecting/toy.php?id=1447
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

Central Coast. Down Under. Southside Hell!
    Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    I always saw his arm cannon as a nupdate to the MegaLaser. This weapon was origially made for M@A in wave 5 of the original line. IMO when they make this weapon I will count it as getting the 200X arm cannon.
    I never thought of that but now you mention it, the MYP Man-at-arms even has the binoculars that pop out like the megalaser.
    Skelehorde's Org Feedback

Skelehorde wants - Black Belt Leech - Beastman Green Whip - Nightstalker rotoplast

Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    I always saw his arm cannon as a nupdate to the MegaLaser. This weapon was origially made for M@A in wave 5 of the original line. IMO when they make this weapon I will count it as getting the 200X arm cannon. Beside we all know Matty will claim it as this as well.
    If they make that weapon in Classics, I believe Matty will call it what it is: a MOTUC MegaLaser. Why would you assert that "we all know Matty will claim it" to be something else?
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

Having the cannon with Dekker or in a weapons pak would be awesome!

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I also conciser the 200X Arm Canon to be part of Man-At-Arms.
    As soon as I received his Classics figure, he instantly got the 200X Arm Canon and I've displayed him like that ever since. He looks really cool with it.

The way I have it attached is as following; The palm of his hand is facing downwards, like a punching fist. The armor looks more streamlined with the cannon that way

I hope we're going to get an official classic-ized version of his 200X Arm Canon somewhere down the road.

Interesting fact about the MegaLaser, but I consider it a different weapon because it has back armor and rests on the shoulder. It's also way bigger than the arm cannon!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    i also conciser the 200x arm canon to be part of man-at-arms.
    As soon as i received his classics figure, he instantly got the 200x arm canon and i've displayed him like that ever since. He looks really cool with it.

The way i have it attached is as following; the palm of his hand is facing downwards, like a punching fist. The armor looks more streamlined with the cannon that way

i hope we're going to get an official classic-ized version of his 200x arm canon somewhere down the road.

Interesting fact about the megalaser, but i consider it a different weapon because it has back armor and rests on the shoulder. It's also way bigger than the arm cannon!
    Quote Originally Posted by skelehorde View Post
    i never thought of that but now you mention it, the myp man-at-arms even has the binoculars that pop out like the megalaser.
    Matty will probably claim that is what it looks like without the "Anime Hyper Detail" incidentally, I had no problem with the stuff Keldor came with I just hated the debate and the reasons for the debate. Also I was on the .org members side on that debate not Matty's.

Quote Originally Posted by old bolty-neck View Post
    if they make that weapon in classics, i believe matty will call it what it is: A motuc megalaser. Why would you assert that "we all know matty will claim it" to be something else?
    Two words: KELDOR'S SWORDS
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

I'll probably get flamed for this, but there is a figure the weapon could come with:-

Snake Man-At-Arms!

Now, before people start saying "worst idea ever, no more variants" think of the below facts:-

a) There are 4 A list variants a year. It will get boring fast if they are all He-Man and Skeletor
    b) There are only 6 Snakemen, so they need more in their ranks
    c) Man-At-Arms was due to permanently change into a Snakeman if MYP had continued.

Now, the only human part of M@A you can see is his head, so a Snake repaint would have pretty much the same body (maybe with a Snakemen logo?) so the way to differentiate and make it worth buying would be different weapons to the original M@A. He could get the cannon, and a Snake Staff (every Snakeman's gotta have one!)

Once he's been released, the cannon could then be re-released in a weapons pack, so that the human M@A can have one to!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!