Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Evil Robot in MOTUC?

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    That was dururing the ToyGuru days and Toy guru no longer works for Mattel. Now we have Collectors Choice so Unless Evil Robot scores VERY HIGH in fan polls he won't be made since Collectors Choice is about Highly wanted Fan Favorites.
    Mattel has never stated that MOTUC will only consist of the very top requested characters from here on out. If that were the case we wouldn't have gotten Darius or General Sunder in the Collector's Choice sub this year, as many characters finished higher than they did. We also never would have gotten a figure of Anti-Eternia He-Man. We may not see as many surprises as in the past, but like always, Mattel will mix it up a bit. There are still plenty of ways to get some of the more obscure characters in the MOTUC line. Evil Robot would make a great chase figure or out of sub item.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I was SOOOooooo tickled at the thought of this guy, back when all we had to go on was his Mattel Catalog image (sans context). I envisioned him as a huge, lumbering behemoth, hopefully in the scale of Gygor and The Shadow Beast. But knowing about Evil Robot what I know NOW (he's actually SMALLER than Your standard MoTU??!), I'm afraid the Thrill is Gone for me. :^(

Even if it was not alot of new parts with the catalog of robot parts (between Multibot and the Horde Troopers, ect) I think they could swing it. Heck, Mosquitor's horrid boot things look like the kinda thing this guy is made of.

Make it at least standard figure size and we are a go. I also pictured it larger but going back to look it is pretty small compared to the hand. I know they'd make it at least standard figure size.

Will they do this? Seems less than likely anymore. I love my prototype figures though. I'd still get one. I still think about it sometime.

It would be good if he could possibly share parts with Artilla, as they're both fairly niche characters who would require almost all new tooling, so that would be a good way to get a second use out of the parts.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

I'd also like to put my hand in the air and even wave it around a bit as someone who'd like one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Mattel has never stated that MOTUC will only consist of the very top requested characters from here on out. If that were the case we wouldn't have gotten Darius or General Sunder in the Collector's Choice sub this year, as many characters finished higher than they did. We also never would have gotten a figure of Anti-Eternia He-Man. We may not see as many surprises as in the past, but like always, Mattel will mix it up a bit. There are still plenty of ways to get some of the more obscure characters in the MOTUC line. Evil Robot would make a great chase figure or out of sub item.
    Darius & General sunder were highly wanted. don't just go by the org polls, Mattel stated they looked at lots of forums to see what fans really wanted. As for ant-He-man He's not part of any sub so he doesn't count for Collectors Choice. If they Make Evil robot an out of sub item that no one is forced to buy then I don't care, I just don't want to be forced to buy that crappy looking thing.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Darius & General sunder were highly wanted. don't just go by the org polls, Mattel stated they looked at lots of forums to see what fans really wanted.
    I don't just go by the org polls, I just used them as an example. Darius and General Sunder were wanted, but many, many characters were much more demanded. Mattel is never going to give us the top requested figures in order, they will always mix it up a bit.

As for ant-He-man He's not part of any sub so he doesn't count for Collectors Choice.
    Nobody has specifically asked for Evil Robot to be included in the Collector's Choice sub. People are simply posting their support to see him made in the MOTUC line. If you don't want him, that's fine, but it's no reason he shouldn't or couldn't be included in MOTUC.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    I really hope we get Lodar next year so I can update my avatar to EVIL ROBOT! He is my most wanted figure after, Lodar. MOTUC is all about finishing what was never realized from the past. Getting He-ro, Eldor, the Star Sisters, Glory Bird, Darius and Mara have been epic! And now Evil Robot is the last of the figure prototypes. I think he is a huge candidate for an exclusive, either Chase, SDCC or traveling. This is the kind of figure that isn't must have by everyone, but would make a welcome addition for a lot of us. And as usual, the 4H would knock this guy out!! Bring him on!!!
    Actually the gleanons/ galcimytes would be the last of the prototypes we would need to hold to to that statement true, but what you are saying about finishing things that were never releaized in the past is exactly right and i feel the same way as you
    gleanons_full.jpg

I wouldn't mind seeing the brute made!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    It would be good if he could possibly share parts with Artilla, as they're both fairly niche characters who would require almost all new tooling, so that would be a good way to get a second use out of the parts.
    yes, exactly. Great point and I support this idea. Now, if they want to give us entirely new bits, great, but helping make more NA parts available is an awesome idea.

This one also got my vote.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Now that Lodar is finally coming, Evil Robot is my top request! Man, I want this figure bad!!!
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    I hope that we see this, soon.
    Does Galactus fart?

Heroic Warrior
    Voted for this one too but I’d like to see an updated version somehow, a refresh or Classicized or something. This one just looks a little clunky. I like the idea behind it though

I voted for him too and would definitely buy him--a water effect accessory to plug into his gun would be a nice touch too
    I'm basically the dad in the old commercials.

I still want this guy hes the last of the prototypes not to have a figure made. For that reason alone he should get one.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    I still want this guy hes the last of the prototypes not to have a figure made. For that reason alone he should get one.
    Many forget about Gleanons, Mytes, and the meteorbs :-(

I am not sure whether this nameless Evil Robot will or will not be released for the Classics toyline.
    If he does, he will not be squirting water just like the Classics versions of Kobra Khan and Dragon Blaster Skeletor.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

ER should be from same era as the Snake Troopers.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    ER should be from same era as the Snake Troopers.
    Well we don't have those either.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.